86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Adjusting how much my headlight closes

My passenger headlight cover closes all the way flush with the car and doesn't keep a small gap in between like the driver side does. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust it so it doesn't shut all the way against the car.

Thanks

if you look behind the bucket with the hood up and the light down you will see a white nut. Take a 10 MM wrench and turn it counterclockwise until the desired height is reached

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Pretty simple. Be ready to mess with it. Last time I played with mine I was out there turning that nut for about an hour until my anal self got it right

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

ok thanks guys

Black
    00 Firebird TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlkDeuce View Post
    if you look behind the bucket with the hood up and the light down you will see a white nut. Take a 10 MM wrench and turn it counterclockwise until the desired height is reached
    Would this work for the Headlight UP? Reason being, I just installed HID Lows and Fogs thinking these will really light up the road way better then the stocker's. Well, they do improve the road, and REALLY are bright if your standing in front of the car.

I've tried and tried to adjust them and with the Torx wrench and can't seem to get them to LIGHT THE ROAD correctly. They are bright enough. It seems that the Bezel is partially blocking the light and or the buckets are just too high.

I have HID in 3 other cars and they all blast the road with good light, but Not the TA. Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    Pretty simple. Be ready to mess with it. Last time I played with mine I was out there turning that nut for about an hour until my anal self got it right

Ditto. I did the same on our car adjusting the gaps and height.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by yellowlighting View Post
    Would this work for the Headlight UP? Reason being, I just installed HID Lows and Fogs thinking these will really light up the road way better then the stocker's. Well, they do improve the road, and REALLY are bright if your standing in front of the car.

I've tried and tried to adjust them and with the Torx wrench and can't seem to get them to LIGHT THE ROAD correctly. They are bright enough. It seems that the Bezel is partially blocking the light and or the buckets are just too high.

I have HID in 3 other cars and they all blast the road with good light, but Not the TA. Any suggestions would be fantastic!

Yes down lower there are nuts that control where the motor stops.

I've had the same issues with our T/A after I upgraded the lights to HID. Still have not gotten it to a point that I"m happy with.

I've decided it needs to be put on a machine and hopefully a shop with one can get it just right.

Black
    00 Firebird TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    Yes down lower there are nuts that control where the motor stops.

I've had the same issues with our T/A after I upgraded the lights to HID. Still have not gotten it to a point that I"m happy with.

I've decided it needs to be put on a machine and hopefully a shop with one can get it just right.
    Thanks for the reply....The Down stop should help, but (By Nature of the design, There isn't too much that can be done with getting them to shine more towards the Center)....Unless I make some type of spacer to bring the lights away from the housing, which is kinda of Mickey Mouse, or switch the Low and High beam locations, which just wouldn't look good, plus would probably catch the eye (even more then normal) of the Cops....

Thanks to all......Maybe I'll post this Specific question in the main forum.

Black
    00 Firebird TA WS6

How do you adjust the <stop> for the Up light....It seams like it has no adjustment, just a solid stop connected to on of the assembly nuts, if I'm seeing it correctly...Basically, I see no adjustment, just a soild stop?

Thanks
    Last edited by yellowlighting; 10-28-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Sorry to bump this old as fuck thread, but can i get a picture of this white nut on the back of the headlights?

Thread Information