Adjusting headlamp assembly to body.

This is a discussion on Adjusting headlamp assembly to body. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Is there any way to adjust the headlamp assemblys to the body? I just noticed that the inside of the ...

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Adjusting headlamp assembly to body.

Is there any way to adjust the headlamp assemblys to the body? I just noticed that the inside of the doors are starting to rub the front cover (the cover got replace a few years ago). I think the bodyman put the lamps back on in the wrong spot, I think they need to be up higher and back a little further.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I spent about an hour adjusting mine after a front end re-paint. They are adjustable in all directions -- just been too long for me to remember the details, but I remember it being pretty obvious after I pulled the plastic headlight surround.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I spent about an hour adjusting mine after a front end re-paint. They are adjustable in all directions -- just been too long for me to remember the details, but I remember it being pretty obvious after I pulled the plastic headlight surround.
    I'm talking in relation to the body, not the direction of the lamp light.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I'm talking in relation to the body, not the direction of the lamp light.

That is what I was referring to. There are torx head bolts that allow the cover to be moved and also adjust its depth.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Pop off your plastic cover that exposes the headlight housings and you should see two phillips head screws that connect the cover to the headlamp, loosen those and then there's two more on the back side of the light. That will allow you to move the cover around. I'll snap some pics if you need, just let me know.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Yes Sas, I would appreciate some photos to be sure.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

For whatever reason my passenger headlight has been a pain on this car since it was new. The second owner told me all about the trips back to the dealer to have the light re adjusted and have the hood adjusted under warranty back in 2002-2006. Seems like the hood or the tolerances on the body or whatever the case may be just didn't add up on my car and the passenger light would get caught on the hood and only go partially up.

Only way to get the proper clearance all around on my door was to modify the mounting brackets with a dremel to allow for increased range of adjustment. now it's perfect. just like the drivers side. If you can't get it where it needs to be with the stock range.... don't be afraid to cut.
    Magnaflow cat back, adj KYB's, 3 point SFC's, STB, LCA reloc, adj LCA's, SLP lid, Fernco bellows, Strano Springs, Drag Bags, Tick adj Master cylinder, Monster stage3 clutch, speed bleeder, Billet flywheel, MGW shifter, !CAGS

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

[QUOTE=LSCyaL8R;2675592]For whatever reason my passenger headlight has been a pain on this car since it was new. The second owner told me all about the trips back to the dealer to have the light re adjusted and have the hood adjusted under warranty back in 2002-2006. Seems like the hood or the tolerances on the body or whatever the case may be just didn't add up on my car and the passenger light would get caught on the hood and only go partially up.

Only way to get the proper clearance all around on my door was to modify the mounting brackets with a dremel to allow for increased range of adjustment. now it's perfect. just like the drivers side. If you can't get it where it needs to be with the stock range.... don't be afraid to cut.[/QUOTE

that happened to me on my 99 T/A before i got it painted the lights worked perfect,but after the paint job i had to open the hood for the passenger side light to go up properly

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Sorry it took a few days, got really busy and forgot about it. I think these are what you were asking about, hopefully.
    these two are from the engine bay looking forward.

Just noticed I need a new screw for the side one.

I don't have a way to put arrows, since I can't find MSpaint, but you should be able to see the ones you need to loosen and move a bit.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Those will adjust the height of the cover so that it sets flush with the hood and fender. There is another set of torx screws underneath the cover that allow you to adjust the gaps.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Oops, guess I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Thread Information