About to buy first ws6!

So I'm about to buy my first ws6, I've had trans ams before but not the ws6..
    The one I'm currently looking at has 70k miles and the only mods are it has 3in magna flow and headers.. But here's the thing, it has a rebuilt title from being stolen and being rear ended.. Price is decent

Or for another 4k I can get a fully modded ws6 with 56k miles.. Cams, headers and loudmouth exhaust. Lifters and plugs were changed recently in it too. Both are black on black and 2002

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Pending on the type of salvage that shouldn't really turn you off. Coming from a guy that is currently modding go for the one that is closest to stock. You're going to want to build your motor up the way you want it not the way the other owner wanted. I drove my car stock for a summer then compiled a list of what I wanted and what I was willing to put into it. Word of advice. Do the bolt engine mods and then work the chasis before doing serious power adders...my mods went in this order:
    Sub frame connectors
    Headers and ORY
    Fast 92 and nick williams 92
    Rear control arms and Panhard bar
    Torque arm and relocation bracket
    Hotchkis strut tower bar

Car just put down 350 rwhp and 354 torque. All for about 1700 bucks. It handles good and screams down the road. All in all its your call but I liked having a blank canvas when I bought my car
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

That's true, I'd rather put a borla in lol. One more question, do you think there will be any upcoming maintenance on it with the 70k mark on it? Lifters, rear end or anything?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am kind of partial to the black WS.6's...

These cars have known quirks, such as cracked door panels, leaky pinion seals, oil consumption through the PCV system, knock sensor corrosion, and weak differentials to mention a few. That being said, the "wow" factor overrides all of these imo. Lots of owners have well north of 100,000 on their cars and they are still running strong. Ours has around 80,000 miles and on an all stock engine goes 12.4's in the quarter all summer long (in cool dry air). Let us know what you decide.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

It really depends on how the car was driven by the previous owner. Mine was stock and other than piston slap no issues. However when you do your mods replace things as you go. For example when I did the FAST 92 I pulled the intake and also did knock sensors and oil pressure sending unit because it's a whore to get your hands under the cowl to take the intake off and it was only about 100 bucks for parts. Never ever buy the cheaper rock auto parts or parts on ebay go acdelco, I learned the hard way with an IAC I bought that ended up being trash in 3 weeks. Never again. Regular oil changes and maintenence will get the most life out of your engine...miles never scared me on an ls1. The rear is weak but no issues here I'm running pretty sticky tires but I just don't see the value in spending close to 4k for a rear end. That is a long debate on here that I won't get into at the moment. Lol.

Lol thanks guys, made an offer to the guy with the re built title, hopefully we can negotiate something!!

Thread Information