Thread: 9grand

Black
    01 Firedbird

9grand

so pretty much my story is I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird 3800 V6 and I know thats not the best (probably the worst) firebird to work with BUT my parents wouldnt let me get the v8 so im stuck with it and dont have enough to invest in a new car but want a nice one not a KILLER but a nice one and working 2 jobs i calculated by the end of next summer I should have about 9-10 Grand to drop on my car and i was wondering what you guys would suggest the best upgrades are for my car if im willing 2 drop about 7-8 grand on performance parts ( no smartass comments like swap the whole inside out please) i'm just as 17 year old kid trying to have a nice car 2 drive and showoff a little bit

2000 Trans Am

Not really a smart ass answer but trade in the V6 and put 9-10 grand down on an ls1. just tell your parents it's a v6 lol just trying to help

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

put it towards a formula. it looks the same.....maybe they wouldn't notice the v8 under the hood....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i wouldn't put a dime toward it 'cept for maybe a nice audio system. Save your money, it's a decent car for a young dude and when you get out of college, lay that 9000 on the dealer's table and buy a new camaro

WCTA88
    i know that the ls1 wont happen anytime soon from what you are sayin so i would just put some nice rims on your car, tint the windows, get a system, maybe a catback, you'll still have like 5000 left over to put in thebank, keep it keep savin and buy you a badass ws6 when you turn 18... until then enjoy the gas mileage

White
    1998 TA

Edit: I missed the part about you already had the car.

I'd focus your money more on wheels and stuff like that to make the car stand out. 8-9k is too much money to put into the car in my opinion. Save it, and use it for a down payment on the new camaro when you're 18 and you can buy anything you want

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Save money, dont mod the v6. Hell i bought my 99 T/A for 6800...

2000 Silver WS6 M6
    2002 Black Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by WCTA88 View Post
    i know that the ls1 wont happen anytime soon from what you are sayin so i would just put some nice rims on your car, tint the windows, get a system, maybe a catback, you'll still have like 5000 left over to put in thebank, keep it keep savin and buy you a badass ws6 when you turn 18... until then enjoy the gas mileage
    I wouldn't put all that into a car that I would be getting rid of eventually. Save the money and buy a ls1 when you move out of your parents house.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its not about price its that his parent wont let him have a V8, either you wait till your 18 and tell the top shut the fuck up and buy a v8 and built it a bit then drop it in or you get a supercharger for your 3.8 liter.

Save your money.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah if you gonna have 9 grand either sell your car and get a nice ass ls1 car and you should have some left over to make it nice as fuck or buy a ls1 car and keep your car for a everyday driver. Also you saying you gonna make 8-9 grand over summer is alot easier said than done, your 17 your gonna wanna have some fun with the money or you can just have a really boring life for now and a nice car in a year, but if i were you which i was 2 summers ago i would experiment with drugs. Either way have fun and be safe.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'd only buy parts that you could swap into a LS1 car. When the time comes you can put this one back to stock sell it and get one with a V8 and put your parts on it.

Thread Information