Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80

'98 TA Ws6 - Possible buy, any areas for concern

This is a discussion on '98 TA Ws6 - Possible buy, any areas for concern within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Congrats... another bird is saved...

  1. #21
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,505

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Congrats...

    another bird is saved

  2. #22
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    its true B takes good care of his cars...so i cant wait to see this bird once it is up and running and looking good.
    i still miss that '95 TA hardtop, Shady. bought that car for $1500 and sold it for $3600. of course, i really turned that car around. having to let it go as a result of being laid off really sucked. pics of that are in the..."show us your firebird thread"...

  3. #23
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Congrats...

    another bird is saved
    thanks for all the good words guys. i hope i can get this TA up and running. here is the '95 TA that i mentioned earlier...

    http://forums.texas-fbody.org/showth...5-TA-coupe...&

  4. #24
    Member Baluchitherium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    319
    It has a big wing!

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    thanks for all the good words guys. i hope i can get this TA up and running. here is the '95 TA that i mentioned earlier...

    http://forums.texas-fbody.org/showth...5-TA-coupe...&
    Ahhhh I remember the posting of that TA... Did you ever get that spoiler finished?

    It's like you're opening a rehab for abused Birds or something man... lol

    Keep us posted!
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

  5. #25
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Baluchitherium View Post
    Ahhhh I remember the posting of that TA... Did you ever get that spoiler finished?

    It's like you're opening a rehab for abused Birds or something man... lol

    Keep us posted!
    i was hoping to keep the '95 since i wanted a hardtop lt1 (and hardtops are rare). situation changed that for me, but i simply could not pass up this ls1 car.

    nope, i never finished the spoiler. i still have the spoiler even though i have had tons of offers to buy it off me.

    i still have both the LT1 ram air hood and the air box assembly. I am not letting those go either. also have the tinted tailights in the pics and a few other goodies too.

    btw, where in tx are you?

  6. #26
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i was hoping to keep the '95 since i wanted a hardtop lt1 (and hardtops are rare). situation changed that for me, but i simply could not pass up this ls1 car.

    nope, i never finished the spoiler. i still have the spoiler even though i have had tons of offers to buy it off me.

    i still have both the LT1 ram air hood and the air box assembly. I am not letting those go either. also have the tinted tailights in the pics and a few other goodies too.

    btw, where in tx are you?
    wait, are you the same dude that modified the spoiler on the black t/a?? and i know how you feel about the 95...i let my 95 hardtop go for a stupid trade...all it needed was new rear gears.

  7. #27
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    wait, are you the same dude that modified the spoiler on the black t/a?? and i know how you feel about the 95...i let my 95 hardtop go for a stupid trade...all it needed was new rear gears.
    Yes, I am 'that' dude...

  8. #28
    Member innerchi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    337

    Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

    Good to see a tfba member here!

  9. #29
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by innerchi89 View Post
    Good to see a tfba member here!
    I'm glad the website is back up!

  10. #30
    Member innerchi89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    337

    Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

    Me too, its been down for a while. Ill also be posting there.

  11. #31
    Member Baluchitherium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    319
    It has a big wing!

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    btw, where in tx are you?
    Sorry for the delay...

    I'm in Laredo which is about 150 miles south of San Antonio.

  12. #32
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Baluchitherium View Post
    Sorry for the delay...

    I'm in Laredo which is about 150 miles south of San Antonio.
    gotcha. its all good.

    i had a guy over on tech who's out in CA, persue me for about 2 months to buy my modified spoiler. don't get me wrong his offers were tempting, but i would like to see this through. still needs more primer/sanding before i will consider sending it to be paint matched. i believe thhat if i tried doing metaillc paint, i would butcher the job. plus the hood needs to be paint match as well.

  13. #33
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    well, so far i have done the following to the car:

    i have done a 2-stage polish to parts of the car. i believe that im off to a good start, and the paint will come out looking great. i noticed that at the top of the sail panel there is a clearcoat issue that might require the sail panel to be repainted along with the hood. rest of the car looks to be ok.

    i have checked fluids and changed them.

    i have attacked the leather interior with leather conditioner and believe it will get the life back into the leather so it wont split or crack. the dash pad is a total loss. its so brittle that it breaks into smaller pieces when trying to remove sections. i was hoping to possibly salvage it and cover with vinyl but that doesnt look to happen.

    i have found $.46 so im getting some money back...

    new battery has gone in and i have power going to both the fuel pump fuse and fuel relay under the hood. however, i have not been able to trace it back to the pump since my floor jack crapped out this afternoon and spewed hydrolic fluid on the garage floor. i have a fuel filter, but have not been able to get it changed. also, no fuel pressure at the fuel rail purge valve.

    i still believe that all i need is a fuel pump, but im testing everything before jumping into that PITA.

    i changed out the ws6 wheels and had the dry-rotted tires removed and on the car now are my chrome SS rims with tires. i will need new brakes/pads, but will not address those until i get the car running first. that is the priority.

    i think thats all for only having the car for a week.

  14. #34
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    well, so far i have done the following to the car:

    i have done a 2-stage polish to parts of the car. i believe that im off to a good start, and the paint will come out looking great. i noticed that at the top of the sail panel there is a clearcoat issue that might require the sail panel to be repainted along with the hood. rest of the car looks to be ok.

    i have checked fluids and changed them.

    i have attacked the leather interior with leather conditioner and believe it will get the life back into the leather so it wont split or crack. the dash pad is a total loss. its so brittle that it breaks into smaller pieces when trying to remove sections. i was hoping to possibly salvage it and cover with vinyl but that doesnt look to happen.

    i have found $.46 so im getting some money back...

    new battery has gone in and i have power going to both the fuel pump fuse and fuel relay under the hood. however, i have not been able to trace it back to the pump since my floor jack crapped out this afternoon and spewed hydrolic fluid on the garage floor. i have a fuel filter, but have not been able to get it changed. also, no fuel pressure at the fuel rail purge valve.

    i still believe that all i need is a fuel pump, but im testing everything before jumping into that PITA.

    i changed out the ws6 wheels and had the dry-rotted tires removed and on the car now are my chrome SS rims with tires. i will need new brakes/pads, but will not address those until i get the car running first. that is the priority.

    i think thats all for only having the car for a week.
    why'd you swap out the ws6 wheels ?

  15. #35
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why'd you swap out the ws6 wheels ?
    because the tires were dry rotted that were mounted on them. dont worry i still have the wheels and they will go back on the car. it was just easier to put the SS wheels on the car since they had tires mounted on them.

  16. #36
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    because the tires were dry rotted that were mounted on them. dont worry i still have the wheels and they will go back on the car. it was just easier to put the SS wheels on the car since they had tires mounted on them.
    ok thank god...i was going to have to E-slap you

  17. #37
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    i plan to keep the car stock, Shady. you this this...

    i hope to have the Borla cat-back for sale in the near future.

  18. #38
    Junior Member cocobolo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fruitland Park Florida
    Posts
    43

    black
    1995 transam

    If you wish to fix the dash pad yourself there is a good write up on it at
    ls1lt1.com Do a search using , " dash pad fixed " and it will lead you to the article. Don't forget to answer the random question on the search page.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 06-24-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed direct link other forum

  19. #39
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Thanks for the dash pad link. I should now take a pic of how splintered mine has become from trying to remove it. It simply shattered when I merely looked at it...

    to date dropped the rear and removed the tank and pump yesterday. We were getting power to the pump but he pump was not working to that what led to removing the tank. Now I need to order a new fuel pump module. Today I will be pulling the fuel rails and injectors, cleaning and checking them.

    Fun times, fun times. Now, once the pump is in and should the car not run, I might consider taking it to the professionals...

  20. #40
    Member goof4080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    lisle, il
    Posts
    290

    Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    thanks. just wodering if the pcm's in '98 really are as fickle as i have read and people have talked about. id love to find an upper dashpad for $150.
    according to my tuner. the 98 computers are the exact same programming as the 99+ with a slower processor so you just cant do as much at once when playing around with it. and fyi the 02's got an even faster processor

    in short

    98 = pentium 2
    99-01= pentium 3
    02+= pentium 4

    (metaphorically ofcourse)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rear end concern
    By rapter34 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 08:50 PM
  2. Idle concern
    By hawk18 in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
  3. To those it may concern
    By Blk00ws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 06:10 PM
  4. a slight concern
    By frankthetankjfpc in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
  5. Ignition Problem/ Concern ??? Help
    By 01JameSS in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •