Thread: 98 T/A help

gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

98 T/A help

I had a few questions about my T/A I bought a couple of days ago. I have the GU5 code on my panel so I have 3.23 gears in it. The guy before me put a lid on it along with a K&N. I raced my buddies 2000 camaro Z28 from a 60 roll and he pulled about 2 lengths on me. He is bone stock with 2.73 gears and we are both auto and I have a lid. Does the outcome sound normal?

lookin for a ws6

98 's were down alittle on power. I ran a 13.6's with my 98 ws6, and I am not the best driver. There was a few guys there that ran 13.4-6 with their 02's. My car is a a4 and theirs were m6's.
    Last edited by Lawnman; 04-22-2007 at 04:15 PM.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98 View Post
    I had a few questions about my T/A I bought a couple of days ago. I have the GU5 code on my panel so I have 3.23 gears in it. The guy before me put a lid on it along with a K&N. I raced my buddies 2000 camaro Z28 from a 60 roll and he pulled about 2 lengths on me. He is bone stock with 2.73 gears and we are both auto and I have a lid. Does the outcome sound normal?
    he has lmaybe 10 hp on you, if that. the 98s are the beginning, just minor improvements from then on. mod it and youll be spanking him just fine.

green
    98 formula

i could be wrong but i would think the higher geared car would do better on a 60 roll just my thought

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

All depends where in the powerband did that 60mph roll put you. Maybe his pulled him down another gear where as yours did not (if you were letting the car shift itself). Try racing him from the dig and I bet you get him if you get a good start without much spin.

98T/Aformula
    Could also be your car and the abuse it might have taken in the past, but overall there is at least 10 different factors I can think of, I have a 98 and I know the 98s came with a bigger cam and bigger injectors, but like I said so many factors come into play you will just never know...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its the gears i had a 96 formula with the 2.73 and my friend had a 97 T/A with 3.23 of the line races i would usually loose but freeway races were mine every time.

Thread Information