White
    1999 trans am

98 Automatic Drivetrain Into 99 Manual T/A Body But No Start

I recently pulled out an automatic drivetrain out of my totaled 98 formula and dropped it into a 99 T/A Body I picked up. The T/A had all it's original wiring and almost everything matched up fine. I am using the ECU from the donor car and the VATS from the T/A. I have also pulled the EGR and A.I.R systems off and the cats. All the electical works and the security light does go off when the key is turned but the starter is not getting power. The T/A was a manual and the the clutch safety start switch is hanging under the dash and I have been pressing that while tring to start the car. I also noticed that when I ran the portion of wiring harness that goes through the firewall on the passengers side that there is only two plugs inside the T/A and three plugs on the donors car harness. Is the Donor's ECU and T/A's vats not working together possibly? If need be I can pull the vats and all the under dash wiring out the the donor and replace the T/A's with it but would rather not if not needed. Thanks in advance.

Black 99 A4 TransAm
    2000 MY Corvette

98 and 99 electrical components do not play well together. You will have to go with one or the other, no mixing and matching on these years. I took a 98 manual body and put a 2000 LS1 M6 in and had to swap all the wiring, gauges, BCM, ECM, and even the wiper motor from the 2000.

98 wiring is totally different than 99-02 even though they will plug right together...

Good luck

White
    1999 trans am

Ok. That is good to know. I was thinking I may have too seeing that even though the plugs matched up, some of the terminals had wire on the female side and none on the male side.

Thread Information