Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

98-02 T/A FT T/Singal & DRL fix

This is a discussion on 98-02 T/A FT T/Singal & DRL fix within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I put the Zevo LEDs in the parking lamps. They look great and work great, but aren't much brighter than, ...

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I put the Zevo LEDs in the parking lamps. They look great and work great, but aren't much brighter than, or dimmer than, the standard filament bulb. I sort of expected that, but the color tone and flash response of the light outside is nice. I didn't put the socket in the passenger side yet, not sure if I will nurse it out but if it works until the next time I have it in the air i'll nurse it and keep the new socket in the trunk. It still hyperflashes but as I said I suspect my flasher is faulty anyway. I also discovered my drivers side socket has been replaced in the past.

Pics later!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Just my 2cents,, I had the annoying moisture problem awhile back. I got fed up with replacing bulbs all the time so one day I took the housing out studied the damn thing. I found hair-line cracks ( like everyone has ) and no venting to let heat out. So I used clear nail polish on the cracks ( I know others use different methods ) 2 pencil-sized holes drilled in the bottom just behind the ridge, I also removed that rubber 'plug' on the back side top that has a plastic 'shroud' over it ( I have NO idea what that's for) for further venting and then used the over sized gasgets from Auto-Trix.net. Then I gooped in a generous amount of di-electric grease into the socket for good measure. That's been over 5 years or so ago and I've washed it and drove it in the rain and have had no problems at all. Nothing against LED's ,, I like what I have and love the look of the DRL's. That is all .....
    024mula likes this.
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards.
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    Just my 2cents,, I had the annoying moisture problem awhile back. I got fed up with replacing bulbs all the time so one day I took the housing out studied the damn thing. I found hair-line cracks ( like everyone has ) and no venting to let heat out. So I used clear nail polish on the cracks ( I know others use different methods ) 2 pencil-sized holes drilled in the bottom just behind the ridge, I also removed that rubber 'plug' on the back side top that has a plastic 'shroud' over it ( I have NO idea what that's for) for further venting and then used the over sized gasgets from Auto-Trix.net. Then I gooped in a generous amount of di-electric grease into the socket for good measure. That's been over 5 years or so ago and I've washed it and drove it in the rain and have had no problems at all. Nothing against LED's ,, I like what I have and love the look of the DRL's. That is all .....
    I used clear packing tape over the lens, to cover the cracks, and the lenses havent leaked since. I have a new set of lamps that I plan on using when I convert to LEDs but I dont want to do it until I have some protection tape for it, like they have for paint and headlamps. I was hoping 3M would sell a cut-to-fit package but I havent seen any yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information