Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

98-02 clear ta headlight cover

This is a discussion on 98-02 clear ta headlight cover within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; they kinda remind me of the new C5 corvette headlights. But pop ups rule all....

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

they kinda remind me of the new C5 corvette headlights. But pop ups rule all.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

I really dont think there THAT bad!!! Its just a different look! Were ALL just purists at heart for the pop-up lights!!!

White
    2002 Trans Am

i dont think being a purist has anything to do with it.and no i dont need a ricer
    the way i see it is and i'll bet too that every one on this site has atleast one
    thing that makes their car THEIR'S ergo i like these lights which will make my car mine. if ya paid for then it should be the way you want it to be

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm6058 View Post
    i dont think being a purist has anything to do with it.and no i dont need a ricer
    the way i see it is and i'll bet too that every one on this site has atleast one
    thing that makes their car THEIR'S ergo i like these lights which will make my car mine. if ya paid for then it should be the way you want it to be
    very true, not my favorite but i think they look alright, if you didnt get it yet heres the link where i found them

http://www.breathlessperformance.com...Headlights.asp

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    I'd do them with the VHT as well. It will still look stock, until you turn on the lights.

Thing is, I will never pay $1,000 for it. That's just too much. Maybe $300 or less.
    My thinking exactly on the looks...if I could find a used set then I'd buy them, but I will not pay 1k for them.

black trans am

i think they only look good on a black t/a.. now ill spend my 1000 on some thing better and the to red t/a's shuld be removed from the world and or take all the crap off like that 4 inch hood imp its gay un less u have a roots type super charger under the hood and then still u would not need a 4 inch a 2 inch is not as bad but the owners of the red trans am.. needs to be stoned till they take that crap off ther cars

weberje
    I believe it's called a Lemans Light kit. I have it on my red WS6, but I bought the car that way. Honestly, it almost kept me from buying the car, 'cause I wanted the pop ups- I just could not resist the deal I got on the car. The guy was having another kid and was buying a newer, bigger house- so the toys had to go.

It took me a bit, but I realized that it sets my TA apart from others, though I don't see many around here often. In all honesty, I prolly would not have personally paid the grand to buy em. (get a new cam!) But again, to each their own.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

They simply look out of place to me on the T/A.

weberje
    Yeah, I can understand that statement. But I also plan to wings west it for the ground effects. Not the hood and DEFINITELY not the F'in wing like those other two red ones. Thas a lil much fer me.

I had originally planned to buy a white '99 Z28 w/ an RS bodykit. Looked amazing with Z06 chromes, hooker cutout. But then, some trucker came by and bought it out from under me, Ass.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

To each their own...

But the last thing these cars need is a body kit to me.
    They are sexy as hell off the showroom floor. Something about a kit that seems to take away that smoothness to me.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Dude, purists defy much change in style and fuction. The pop-up headlights have been with the T/A since 1982!!! Many love this style and dont want much of a change from it. I kinda do like the updated look, reminds me of the newer Vette...... More European! So being a PURIST has EVERYTHING to do with it!! Your used to a certain style, Im used to certain styles. Kind of like the New GTO. Purists HATE the style.......however, some people seem to like it! Another example; The new Camaro coming soon, lots of older features in it, Purists WILL accept it for what it is!....just like the newer Mustang, people just love that retro style.

weberje
    Then, watch the aftermarket. Bodykits and air dams, spoilers and scoops- Just like the '05+ mustangs, which I think look amazing if tricked right (Roush and Cervini). Think the "purists" will sit well with that?

weberje
    Speakin of which: "Bumblebee" transformer Camaro----->

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    More European!
    I am not a purist.
    These cars aren't european. They are american muscle.

I just find those lights tacky. It is about taste for me. Which obviously is opinion.

weberje

weberje
    And I think the GTO's look tacky, certainly not like American Muscle- but they get up though, right. And, since we're all in the family here- just think of it like that "funny" uncle who always wants to play the "tasting game"- just not your idea of fun.

weberje
    And as far as the Euro light thing- wha bout the C6's- are those not euro just cause they came from the factory that way?

Is not a Euro/American thing. I think it may just be that your vision of the Trans Am stays within the confines of the original asthetic design- nothin wrong with that either.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Yes they are Euro styled after many different model bases from Italy! Why else would GM test there? Top Engineers from GM get design ideas and other testbed logics(also to include vehicle testing ...like the newer ZO6)in Germany. Where do you think the "Father of the Corvette" came from? Got that right!!! GERMANY!!!!!!! You guys do know who Im talking about.... right? How about the insurpassable design leader for the early GTO's? You guys get the picture! Many of our styles from the GENERAL lend attributes to the early years of European racing!! Heck, even Carrol Shelby raced over there and bought back many ideas!! Many of our design que's stem far back even before we were all born! So, in short, Europeans have a solid effect to our engineers and their designs.

weberje

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I don't mind changing cars up.
    But these headlights don't improve the look of the car. They lower it.

I have some minor appearance mods on my WS.6.
    Not much though as the car doesn't need much.

The C6 Corvette looks good with those headlights. The T/A does not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information