Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

96 Trans am or 98 Z28 cant decide

This is a discussion on 96 Trans am or 98 Z28 cant decide within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Cayenne97 Rockland Standard Gear "Viper Spec" T-56 W/ Mc Leod twin-disc 9.82/131 w/ old 150-shot Over 10 ...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Rockland Standard Gear "Viper Spec" T-56 W/ Mc Leod twin-disc

9.82/131 w/ old 150-shot

Over 10 grand invested, not including the car

I noticed you like to ask people if their track times are quicker than yours. Well yes, mine are MUCH quicker than yours.
    im an a4 and make 425ish.. havnt been back to the dyno with my heads yet...

right at 10.9-11.0 on motor...

less than 5k in my car

seems like the ls1 for the money is a MUCH better buy... no?

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    without nitrous what do you run
    11.0/122 all motor, and that was before the recent Vic-E/90mm install, so there should be more in the car as it sits now. Car made 440rwhp. I have a 429rwhp dyno graph available which was made with a loose opti rotor.
    Last edited by Cayenne97; 11-11-2008 at 10:44 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

11.0/122 all motor, and that was before the recent Vic-E/90mm install, so there should be more in the car as it sits now. Car made 440rwhp. I have a 432rwhp dyno graph available which was made with a loose opti rotor.
    we make damn near identical power..

your an m6, im an a4.....

we run damn near identical e/t and traps..

you have double and then some of what i have in my car...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

It was actually 429rwhp. Put down 440rwhp the next week when the new Opti was installed. I now have a custom LTCC coil pack system on their now, which you can see when you click my Avator.

[IMG][/IMG]

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I'd just like to point out the fact that my LT1 is probably by far more stout than anyone elses LS1 that posted on this thread.

all in all.. this statement is void..

wasnt trying to say you dont have a stout car.... just not like your making it out to be... niether one of us are fast..

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

all in all.. this statement is void..

wasnt trying to say you dont have a stout car.... just not like your making it out to be... niether one of us are fast..
    Actually the statement isn't void. Give me a quick cost run down (not everything) of your engine mods. Also point out that I chose some top name parts as well, like Lingenfelter heads & intake. Honestly I probably could have made the same power for a lot less, like guys I know have using Advanced Induction or Lloyd Elliot products. I also know of guys that have opted the for top brands in their LS1's and have spent a lot more than I have. And we didn't even figure in how cheap an LT1 car can be had for.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

You have any dyno graphs, videos???

I figure since you supposedly have two cars "that aren't fast" as you say, you should atleast have proof that one of them is modded beyond intake & exhaust.

I wan't to see proof!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I figure since you supposedly have two cars "that aren't fast" as you say, you should atleast have proof that one of them is modded beyond intake & exhaust.

I wan't to see proof!
    sorry for late response, had to put girl in bed.

i no longer have the z28... gimme a sec and ill get you some proof...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

all of these were in almost 90 degree weather... no heads... and not as much weight reduction as i have now... the red z28 in the vids was running 7.7s.. he went down there exactly the same mods and everything two weeks ago and ran a 7.4@94... the weather was DESTROYING our times..

thats just FWIW

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ids-track.html

in the attachment is my numbers cam only, the dynos tq is WAAAAAY off, and the hp reads 20 low.. crappy cell phone pic i took just for you a minute ago..

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/

theres pics of my old z28... exhaust and a lid....m6 also has more runs with the TA... and the black z28 near the last vids is my old z28 and me running..it has more mods in the vid than when i had it though

that good enough for you?
    Last edited by lemons12; 11-23-2008 at 11:25 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

its smart to do a LITTLE bit of research before you start calling BS on people....

for the record, no i do not think my car is fast... nor yours... they are both stout cars... no way around that, but you are by NOOOOOO means leaps and bounds in front of me.. if any at all..

is that sufficient proof?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

........?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I wan't to see proof!
    wow.. seriously dude...

you call me out... thinking i only have exhaust... and then when i post up my proof you dont even say anything... i watched when you got offline.. you were online for a full hour after i posted my proof.....

"supposedly have two cars"
    "proof modded beyond intake and exhaust"
    "mine is MUCH quicker than yours"
    "by far more powerful than any ls1 posting in here"
    "11.0@122"

/thread
    Last edited by lemons12; 11-12-2008 at 01:27 AM.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

6k in mods engine wise and you're pushing around 450?
    From what I've calculated, with about 4k or so on an ls1, I should be around 450 or so. Heads + cams: around 2k from TSP
    full exhaust: around 1-1.5k
    lid: $100-200
    Install: DIY
    These are rough estimates.

I still stand by my earlier statement, money for money, mod for mod, an ls1 will kill an lt1

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

OP, i always prefer lower milage cars...

having had the LT1 then going to the Ls1, hands down the Ls1 is incredible and completely different than the Lt1. However, I recently picked up a '95 TA coupe 6spd for dirt cheap that is to be my next project. some people have issues with the Opti-spark, I never did in the 6 yrs I had my '95 z28. The rear main on an LT1 is notorious for leaking no matter how many times you change the rear seal. An LT1 is cheaper to mod than an Ls1, however, mod for mod the Ls1 will still take an Lt1 to town.

Drive both and see which works for you. Regardless of what you end up getting, youll be happy with either one, IMO...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

you will be more happy with the LS1, I do love those dark purple ta's though, but ls1 ftw
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

all of these were in almost 90 degree weather... no heads... and not as much weight reduction as i have now... the red z28 in the vids was running 7.7s.. he went down there exactly the same mods and everything two weeks ago and ran a 7.4@94... the weather was DESTROYING our times..

thats just FWIW

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ids-track.html
    First off, my apologies for going to bed. You took so long too respond I figured, oh well, might as well get some snooooze.

As for the video, it would have been nice to see some times. Videos are pretty much worthless without those. But anyways, nice Z!

in the attachment is my numbers cam only, the dynos tq is WAAAAAY off, and the hp reads 20 low.. crappy cell phone pic i took just for you a minute ago..

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/
    384rwhp? HA! I'll give you a 75-shot to my all motor run and we'll see how it goes.

theres pics of my old z28... exhaust and a lid....m6 also has more runs with the TA... and the black z28 near the last vids is my old z28 and me running..it has more mods in the vid than when i had it though
    That Z28 was nice. Why in the world did you sell it?

that good enough for you?:Owned
    Not really, but whatever...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

First off, my apologies for going to bed. You took so long too respond I figured, oh well, might as well get some snooooze.

As for the video, it would have been nice to see some times. Videos are pretty much worthless without those. But anyways, nice Z!

384rwhp? HA! I'll give you a 75-shot to my all motor run and we'll see how it goes.

That Z28 was nice. Why in the world did you sell it?

Not really, but whatever...
    you were on for a full hour after i posted my proof. i responded within 5 minutes saying gimme some time and i would find all the time you wanted.. after you asked for proof, i gave it right at 20 minutes later... sorry i wasnt running around as fast as i could getting it for you..

7.5@90mph... i have time slips if you would like to see them also.. quite a few stacks.. again.. judge how fast my car is off of those times!!! haha, i would love it..

384rwhp yes.. cam only.. on a dyno that dynos 20rwhp low.. i love telling people my car did 384rwhp... after the race i usually get accused of spraying though.. o did you miss the part where i said i had heads now? lmfao.. im a LITTLE higher than that now..

i wouldnt need a 75 shot... i can promise you that my friend..

sold it because i wanted to mod the T/A more.. couldnt make both payments AND mod the T/A.. it was one or the other.. the T/A looks a lot different now.. it is def. nicer than the Z..

yes... really.....

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

wow.. just started thinking about this....

you do realize you are an m6 and i am a stalled auto right? my 425rwho is more than your 430rwhp..

and that is the DUMBEST and most RICER thing i see people do is look at dyno numbers and decide how a race would end...

if you gave me a 75 shot i would be sitting right above 500rwhp... in a race weight of 3250 my friend.. that would be MORE than enough to make an easy low 10 second pass..

keep on bench racing with me though, people do it all the time.. i have people in my town do it... we race... and i dont hear too much from them after that....

i only have 385rwhp...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

wow.. just started thinking about this....

you do realize you are an m6 and i am a stalled auto right? my 425rwho is more than your 430rwhp..

and that is the DUMBEST and most RICER thing i see people do is look at dyno numbers and decide how a race would end...

if you gave me a 75 shot i would be sitting right above 500rwhp... in a race weight of 3250 my friend.. that would be MORE than enough to make an easy low 10 second pass..

keep on bench racing with me though, people do it all the time.. i have people in my town do it... we race... and i dont hear too much from them after that....

i only have 385rwhp...
    Honestly dude, your insults don't budge me the slightest. I've learned that the guys that talk the most sh*t are usually the ones that are full of it. That's why I called you out in the first place. I think your are tellin' tall tales and I don't buy it for one bit. Now I shall move on to bigger and better things. Good day!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Honestly dude, your insults don't budge me the slightest. I've learned that the guys that talk the most sh*t are usually the ones that are full of it. That's why I called you out in the first place. I think your are tellin' tall tales and I don't buy it for one bit. Now I shall move on to bigger and better things. Good day!
    i talk a LOT of shit to a LOT of people... i have this "problem" in my town also... the reason i do is because I CAN BACK IT UP, just like you saw in this thread..

how do you think i am telling tall tales? i have showed you every bit of my proof... do you want a clip of my car idling so you can hear my cam lope.. i can also show where "prc ls6" is stamped on my heads, and also where my intake says "FAST"... all my weight reduction.. and if you REALLY want, i could take her for a ride down the road so you can see my mph while on im on it and it stall above 4k.....

you called me out, and i showed you proof.. your done because you got

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information