Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

96 Trans am or 98 Z28 cant decide

This is a discussion on 96 Trans am or 98 Z28 cant decide within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ive been looking for a car now for the past two months that i can afford. I found a 1995 ...

  1. #1
    Oh No! Its the Cops 95Fyrebyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Oh
    Posts
    164

    turquoise
    1995 Firebird

    96 Trans am or 98 Z28 cant decide

    Ive been looking for a car now for the past two months that i can afford. I found a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am dark purple. it has 95k miles on it, leather, power everything, t-tops, automatic the body has some scratches but can prolly be buffed out. The owner said the driver seat is completely fucked, i figure i could find another on here or at a junk yard. The other car i found is a 1998 Chevy Camaro z28, it has 112k miles, automatic, T-tops, cloth seats. The body of the camaro is pretty clean but it does have some scratches on it. I cant decide which one. The Trans Am is $4000 and the Z28 is $4600. Figure i might be able to get a little help from the forum.

  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Easy choice, the Z28 since it has an LS1.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  3. #3
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    I'd say go with the LS1 as well. Sounds like its in better condition, its newer, and you don't have to deal with the LT1's bullshit (Mostly Optispark).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    x3 on the Z.

  5. #5
    Oh No! Its the Cops 95Fyrebyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Oh
    Posts
    164

    turquoise
    1995 Firebird

    is 112k alot tho for a 98 z28, i dont know much of the reliablity on the LS1. Are they reliable, Cause if there alot more reliable than the Lt1, and 112k isnt alot for that car, ill look into the z28 more.

    Edit, i just a reply from the seller of the Z28 and they said they miss typed the milage its got 125k miles.

  6. #6
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    is 112k alot tho for a 98 z28, i dont know much of the reliablity on the LS1. Are they reliable, Cause if there alot more reliable than the Lt1, and 112k isnt alot for that car, ill look into the z28 more.

    Edit, i just a reply from the seller of the Z28 and they said they miss typed the milage its got 125k miles.
    A lot more reliable than the venerable LT1. 112K or 125K is nothing on a well maintained LS1. Very stout and well designed engine.

  7. #7
    Oh No! Its the Cops 95Fyrebyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Oh
    Posts
    164

    turquoise
    1995 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    A lot more reliable than the venerable LT1. 112K or 125K is nothing on a well maintained LS1. Very stout and well designed engine.

    Im gonna go look at the car and test drive it tomorrow. I know an auto aint as great as a 6spd but will the auto hold its own stock for stock agenst a 03/04 Mustang Gt, or even a new mustang gt. if i can get this car, i can prolly show up with $4300 in cash i can get the car, plus ill have an extra $400 for some ugrades like an exhaust or something in that price range.. it just depends on how the car is.

  8. #8
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    is 112k alot tho for a 98 z28, i dont know much of the reliablity on the LS1. Are they reliable, Cause if there alot more reliable than the Lt1, and 112k isnt alot for that car, ill look into the z28 more.

    Edit, i just a reply from the seller of the Z28 and they said they miss typed the milage its got 125k miles.
    thats not a lot.. i got a 106k and just did a cam swap.. ls1 hands down best choice..

    Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    Im gonna go look at the car and test drive it tomorrow. I know an auto aint as great as a 6spd but will the auto hold its own stock for stock agenst a 03/04 Mustang Gt, or even a new mustang gt. if i can get this car, i can prolly show up with $4300 in cash i can get the car, plus ill have an extra $400 for some ugrades like an exhaust or something in that price range.. it just depends on how the car is.
    why isnt an A4 as good as an M6 again?? gas mileage? lol... hold its own, you should be bitch slapping ANY stock GT, no matter the year.. thats really cheap.. check it all over, and GL

  9. #9
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    los angeles
    Age
    32
    Posts
    237

    black
    98 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    Im gonna go look at the car and test drive it tomorrow. I know an auto aint as great as a 6spd but will the auto hold its own stock for stock agenst a 03/04 Mustang Gt, or even a new mustang gt. if i can get this car, i can prolly show up with $4300 in cash i can get the car, plus ill have an extra $400 for some ugrades like an exhaust or something in that price range.. it just depends on how the car is.
    yeah, show up with 4300. you'll get it and go directly to get it checked out and get a tune up with the change. i showed up with a grand less than asking on 9000 and he gave it away. i love my baby

  10. #10
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Get the Z-28. The LS1 is better than the LT1.

  11. #11
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Dude you get what what you pay for, if you are going to worry about a $600 difference on what you know is a better car you should not be buying a sports car. Dude if you are under 25 or in your teens expect to pay 1,000 bucks every 6 months for your car, I don't know if it is cheaper where you are at but I have good student discount, no tickets, and fucking customer loyalty, also with high mileage vehicles expect to do a valve job on those cars, also the transmissions might have to be rebuilt soon since those flexplates are weak on these gm vehicles, and check the damn rear axle us kids fuck these up doing burnouts, see if you can see any fluid deposits on it. Cough up the fucking money and get something decent its worth it

  12. #12
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Dude you get what what you pay for, if you are going to worry about a $600 difference on what you know is a better car you should not be buying a sports car. Dude if you are under 25 or in your teens expect to pay 1,000 bucks every 6 months for your car, I don't know if it is cheaper where you are at but I have good student discount, no tickets, and fucking customer loyalty, also with high mileage vehicles expect to do a valve job on those cars, also the transmissions might have to be rebuilt soon since those flexplates are weak on these gm vehicles, and check the damn rear axle us kids fuck these up doing burnouts, see if you can see any fluid deposits on it. Cough up the fucking money and get something decent its worth it
    relax there, go take some nyquil and go to sleep

    personally id save a little more and get a car with less miles but pay a little more, the price of these cars will continue to decrese with the prices of gas continuing to increase IMO, and id look for an ls1

  13. #13
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    Im gonna go look at the car and test drive it tomorrow. I know an auto aint as great as a 6spd but will the auto hold its own stock for stock agenst a 03/04 Mustang Gt, or even a new mustang gt. if i can get this car, i can prolly show up with $4300 in cash i can get the car, plus ill have an extra $400 for some ugrades like an exhaust or something in that price range.. it just depends on how the car is.
    One more thing LS-1 z28 310 hp mustang gt 265, most people cant shift consistently fast in 6spds anyway, if you get the ls-1 mustangs will run away from you either a chick is driving it and will ignore you or some guy has an auto with only 3 gears (no overdrive) and they cant go over 90.

  14. #14
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    relax there, go take some nyquil and go to sleep

    personally id save a little more and get a car with less miles but pay a little more, the price of these cars will continue to decrese with the prices of gas continuing to increase IMO, and id look for an ls1
    Relax ? I will just need to go to infineon on wed-

  15. #15
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    infineon on wed?

  16. #16
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Yeah I am in the bay area ( California) One of the tracks near by is infineon raceway, they have a dragstrip, next best thing to laguna seca.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    LS1>LT1 i dont even think this decision is close.....get the z

  18. #18
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    go with the ls1. you will be happy

  19. #19
    im a chick brynnda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    temecula, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    142

    white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

    deffinantly LS1

  20. #20
    Member 01pewterZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Age
    33
    Posts
    120

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 camaro Z28

    Ls1 all the way

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: I can't decide
    By 1999slpss in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. please help 402.408, or 418 cant decide
    By adam0321 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
  3. please help me decide what to do next!
    By allforspeed in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Cant decide
    By ice97ta in forum Western Members
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •