Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

94 TA 97 Cobra 07 R1 my oh my

well, i am in quite a pickle here. i have 2 offers for my newly painted 94 trans am GT M6

a black 97 mustang cobra (not that i like it more than a trans am...ould just be something different to drive and still retain sell/trade value.)

or a stock 07 R1 charcoal grey metalic

cobra has exhaust air intake few apearence mods brand new tires some other stuff. seems like it would be a fun car...different change of pace from the constant f-body driving lol...but i do miss riding a bike

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

keep the TA. i was bummed as hell when circumstances ment i had to part ways with my '95 TA coupe, 6spd.

sure a better condition, low milage '98 TA Ws6 came my way a few months later, but i am now faced with the same set of circumstances which means i will be selling my '98.

these cars are proven to perform, look great, and can be driven year round. do you really feel you need a change to a mustang or for a bike? the other parties would be coming out ahead, not you.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I know how it is I get bored with cars. I have to say I owned a lot if Mustangs and I wouldn't trade a nice TA for that year Cobra. None from 96 to 98 were that great I had a 96 GT and my friend had a 97 Cobra both of us went back to 5.0's. Would have got.a TA but in MA they were rare and held value. Now if.you want a.bike.and you know it's worth.as much as your car then that depends on what you want but the.Cobra is a bad call in my opinion the TA is far better. Better trading for.a 93 Cobra or a 03,04 Cobra
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

trans am GT?

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i am leaning on the bike.
    but here in good ol oklahoma its easier re selling mustangs

GT is kinda like the package they offered before the 4th gen WS6 it was just the premium option for trans ams in 93-94...they sure came with ugly lookin rims though

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

R1.
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

r1 guy is playin some games..so im guessing that deals off..and i met the guy witht he cobra today...nice lookin car really sound...only thing that made me iffy and is scaring me off is i got on it abit and it grinded into 2nd. so now i am almost 100% done with that one
    guess ill keep my 4:10 stock LT1 lol...until a better deal comes around anyway

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

R1s are really nice bikes to bad you wont be able to get it..
    cobras are nice but the best are 03/04.. that one is old and if alrady have problem just forgwt bout taht thing..my friend has one same year and it has the same problem..

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

second gear synchro seems to go out on the fords T-45 trans most often..aswell as most manuel

R1 says he'll call back tomorrow...psh heard that before lol

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

ford has problems on everithin lol

haha tell me bout it lol i heard that alot lol

if i was some where close around you i would talk to you bout trading my bike lol

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    r1 guy is playin some games..so im guessing that deals off..and i met the guy witht he cobra today...nice lookin car really sound...only thing that made me iffy and is scaring me off is i got on it abit and it grinded into 2nd. so now i am almost 100% done with that one
    guess ill keep my 4:10 stock LT1 lol...until a better deal comes around anyway
    That was common in those yrs the hydraulic clutch setup is junk my GT did the same thing and I bought it with 10 miles on it usually went away after driving if awhile but does do damage regardless. Mine was junk before 50k miles. Hell the odometer stopped working at 25k, never had it fixed was better not counting for resale. No one noticed when I came in for warranty work more did the lot I traded it in at when it was beat to death from street racing several days a week.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

second gear synchro seems to go out on the fords T-45 trans most often..aswell as most manuel

R1 says he'll call back tomorrow...psh heard that before lol
    trade it for a hiyabusa... you wont regret it

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    trade it for a hiyabusa... you wont regret it
    Lol i would much rather have a r1 than a busa. Busa is a fat pig.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol i would much rather have a r1 than a busa. Busa is a fat pig.
    yea it weighs more, but its so much more stable at road speeds, and set up properly they will handle great, I go riding with my buddies on Needles Hiway in the Black Hills and they ride a 954, an R1, an R6, a 600 ninja, and me on the busa, and while the little bikes might get away from us a little in the corners, we can eat up the distance right onto a straight,

Arctic White, red/gray

yea it weighs more, but its so much more stable at road speeds, and set up properly they will handle great, I go riding with my buddies on Needles Hiway in the Black Hills and they ride a 954, an R1, an R6, a 600 ninja, and me on the busa, and while the little bikes might get away from us a little in the corners, we can eat up the distance right onto a straight,

This is all true but i find lighter bikes to be so much more fun.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

lol ya i do like the big boy bikes..but the 1000's are just more fun to ride
    i guess for now i dont need another bike with a little girl almost here. wife said to get one after she can walk so ill have another one later on..i am going for the stang. ..my goal is to find a way to trade up too ether a 03-04 cobra or STI
    may take me awhile but ill get there somehow lol. be like the kid in california who traded up from a broke cell phone to a 90 somethin porche

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

This is all true but i find lighter bikes to be so much more fun.
    the raw power is soo much more intense, the buddy with the 954 has a lil work done and is pretty quick but straight lined them and he ate me off the start cuz i was new on the busa and didnt know how to launch a bike, but i had him ran down shifting from first to second

Arctic White, red/gray

the raw power is soo much more intense, the buddy with the 954 has a lil work done and is pretty quick but straight lined them and he ate me off the start cuz i was new on the busa and didnt know how to launch a bike, but i had him ran down shifting from first to second
    I didnt buy a bike to go fast in a straight line or I wouldnt have bought one that tops out at 160mph, I bought one to have fun leaning it over. I havent gone faster than 130mph on my bike this season. I had a 954rr for a little while(did it to make some quick cash) and traded down to a 600rr, I have had 3 600s and found all of them to be more fun than the 954. We bought ours for different reasons

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i LOVED my 954 it was a blast...so easy to pick the front end up
    but the GIXXER 1k was so retarded fast and yes..bikes are so much fun to lean on the side making turns..its scary as heck...but so much fun and addicting.
    i really would like to get on an R1 and race it around a track.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I didnt buy a bike to go fast in a straight line or I wouldnt have bought one that tops out at 160mph, I bought one to have fun leaning it over. I havent gone faster than 130mph on my bike this season. I had a 954rr for a little while(did it to make some quick cash) and traded down to a 600rr, I have had 3 600s and found all of them to be more fun than the 954. We bought ours for different reasons
    i LOVED my 954 it was a blast...so easy to pick the front end up
    but the GIXXER 1k was so retarded fast and yes..bikes are so much fun to lean on the side making turns..its scary as heck...but so much fun and addicting.
    i really would like to get on an R1 and race it around a track.
    yup, you guys know what im talking about lol my buddies 954 was the first streetbike i rode and probably second fav to the busa, and i agree 100% the light bikes are great in the corners, but even the busa set up ive managed to get my knee down once... such a rush esp. coming out of the corners and rolling back into it

Thread Information