Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

8 year/over 110k owner idiotic opinions

This is a discussion on 8 year/over 110k owner idiotic opinions within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; "At least I don't claim the car to be a WS6 like so many posers who slap a R/A hood ...

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

"At least I don't claim the car to be a WS6 like so many posers who slap a R/A hood on their car do"
    who are you reffering too?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

ws7=not poser

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    "At least I don't claim the car to be a WS6 like so many posers who slap a R/A hood on their car do"
    who are you reffering too?
    considering both cars have the same engine, its not poser. it would be with the v6 (although there were a few that came with the hood from factory) but putting on a ws6 badge is different

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    considering both cars have the same engine, its not poser. it would be with the v6 (although there were a few that came with the hood from factory) but putting on a ws6 badge is different
    no v6's ever rolled off the factory with ws6 or ss hoods..NONE. in order to get that "performance" package you were required to be running a v8

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    i sale at a gm dealer and have never said " what can i do to get you in this car" never p.s. found out new camaro will be out feb 08 and priced to sale
    Do you mean feb 09? cause feb 08 has already past

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I am not pointing a finger at any one in particular it's just that there are several people who clone WS6's and then claim it to be an Original one.
    These fools usualy try to sell the car off to an unsuspecting person (Newbie) who doesn't know to look for proper documentation (RPO Sticker) Some Used Car Dealers have even done this.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I am not pointing a finger at any one in particular it's just that there are several people who clone WS6's and then claim it to be an Original one.
    These fools usualy try to sell the car off to an unsuspecting person (Newbie) who doesn't know to look for proper documentation (RPO Sticker) Some Used Car Dealers have even done this.
    well if there is any question to if it is or isn't, if you don't have the 3 letter rpo code "ws6" then its not a ws6

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

well if there is any question to if it is or isn't, if you don't have the 3 letter rpo code "ws6" then its not a ws6
    Absolutely
    But the problem is too many people don't do the proper research before purchasing a Car, and some times they get Taken.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blk-ws6 View Post
    Do you mean feb 09? cause feb 08 has already past
    weird...it been floating around they will start production in 09 but sell as 2010 models..around spring isnt it...when new models come

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    no v6's ever rolled off the factory with ws6 or ss hoods..NONE. in order to get that "performance" package you were required to be running a v8
    Huh. Thats what a pontiac salesman said. There was one with ram air/ws6 hood. The paint was perfect and the guy said that it was a option package like the one for the formula. Guess he either was lying to sell or didn't know jack about the car.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ws66sw View Post
    ok, bought my 2000 formula ws6 new. i logged on to ls1.com shortly thereafter and ran up hundreds of posts, lost them all when the system crashed or whatever happened later. here are a few observations, right or wrong. feel free to correct me, but i got to get this out...

1. the factory literature is a lie. it claims that the "air is force-fed" into the engine. forget the baffles in the hood for a second. there is an air filter between the hood air intake and the maf. any air flow at any speed coming in thru the hood nostril is running into a brick wall (air filter) before it goes into the motor. yah yah, i don't care if it is a low-restrictive filter. unless you got a blower between the hood intake and the filter so that the blower is sucking air in, nothing is getting force-fed. i had a bike once with a gear-driven supercharger between the air filter and intake manifold. now that was force-fed...air filter or not, air is going to get sucked in hard thru an air filter that is low-restrictive. the ram air hood is simply a fresh air intake, thats it.

2. that being said, unless you regularly run your car for times at the track and need every hp and tenth second, modifying your stock ws6 hood's intake (baffles) is a waste of time and effort. you may gain a tenth or two in the quarter mile, but you won't feel it on the street if this is where you regularly drive, altho you may feel a psychologically-induced gain. in the meantime, you will get to worry about water getting in and causing problems. i have been in several severe rainstorms, bad enough to have to pull over because the windshield wipers could not keep up. the last thing i want to do is worry about all that water pounding against hood spraying into my intake because i took the baffles out.

3. that being said, it is a good idea and a real gain (approx. 5-10 hp) to remove the stock air box (lid) and put in a real lid so that the air that is getting in can get straight into the maf without having to bounce all around in the noise air chambers the stupid factory put in on their box. and, despite what i wrote above, the bg system was and is still was a great product, providing you don't mind snapping in the rain baffles.

4. during the summer, remove the rubber gasket between your hood and the engine (just below the wipers). it will allow hot air from your motor to have an easy avenue of escape. if you don't think this is worth it, remove it anyway and then feel the air gap after the car has been run. you will feel the hot air just blasting out instead of being bottled up. run your a/c at the "max" setting...as the interior cools, this will draw in the cooler and cooler air from the inside of the car, so you don't have to worry about the hot outside air getting sucked inside.

5. unless you run at the track, forget all the c.s. methods of attempting to gain only one hp or two. you won't help your car or your times much. but you will be putting your car at risk. example: removing the maf screen...you may pick up a miniscule amount of hp (like one hp, if that), but now your motor has the danger of sucking in anything that gets by the air filter. nothing should, but freak things do happen.

6. forget all that excessive oil consumption and the associated home-brew fixes. just run 20-50 fully synthetic oil. i made this change many years ago. no more oil consumption really, about a half quart every 2,000 miles. another advantage is that you can go 10,000 miles between changes. and with going with 20-50 weight, my oil pressure has gone up 5-10 psi. it don't matter if you live in iceland or texas. fully synthetic oil will always flow the same, cold or not. if you don't believe it, take a bottle of regular dino oil and a bottle of full synthetic oil and put them in the freezer overnight. in the am, take them out and see which one flows and which one don't. as a side note, my car has now over 110k miles and has not blown up yet.

7. rear axle. forget all the gasket crap. the gasket route needs to be done only one time and this is the inital rear end fluid change for the first time. it has to be done because you have to get all that metal off the magnet during the wear-in period. after that, there is not going to be any more metal so why go thru all that gasket and scrapping stuff? just drain out as much as you can thru the fill hole and then pump the new stuff back in. it still takes over a quart and a half this way. use lucas or redline, they both contain the additives.

8. the spark plugs and ignitions are not the same as during the 60's. back then, we had to change the plugs about every 10,000 miles and you were lucky to get 100,000 miles out of an engine before it was wore out. these motors are different. don't worry about changing your plugs every year, unless you got a miss or your car feels doggy. you can easily go 50-100,000 miles before you have to change with little to no drop in performance.

9. your window motors and headlight motors and monsoon/cd player speakers are crap. they were designed to fail after the inital factory warranty.

ok folks, come on in here and tell me how i got it all wrong! i gotta let you know that it takes a big man to admit he is wrong (i am not a big man). in closing, let me say this to all my fellow formula owners....HEY! HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR TRANS-AM? (my reply is usually something like this..."sir, this is a formula" (always the same dumb look on their faces regarding that)..."you see, the formula is a low-key car that does its talking thru performance, not looks. the trans-ams have all that goofy ricey ground effects and spoilers and crap and their swinging, gold-chain wearing, polyester shirt open to the waist owners exit their cars snapping their fingers to sammy h. blasting out "TRANS-AM" on the cd player!

ok, if what i wrote earlier don't get my any abuse, that should! just kidding you guys.....mike

I would not go 10,000 miles between oil changes no matter what kind of oil I had. That's bad news from the get go atleast change your filter. I have a 99 Trans Am and it's far from rice nor do I look anything like you say Trans am drivers do, it must just be where you live....sorry. Also going 100,000 miles on the same plugs may not hurt in performance but it prob will in mpg's, plugs will wear out after along time no matter what. I have been and still am around allot of pro race car drivers and pro engine builders and engineers. People like that I think know what they are talking about not to mention I have seen it all for myself.
    I don't wear polyester shirts, gold anything, I don't blast any Trans am music nor do I wear my shit all unbuttoned looking like I just walked out of a wise guy movie. What the hell kinda people do you hang around?

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    i sale at a gm dealer and have never said " what can i do to get you in this car" never p.s. found out new camaro will be out feb 08 and priced to sale
    So now it's march 08....still don't see any new camaros out.

I know they are comming out but I beleave it will be later this year or early next year.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    So now it's march 08....still don't see any new camaros out.

I know they are comming out but I beleave it will be later this year or early next year.
    No, no, The new Camaros are already out... they are just like unicorns tho, You only get to see them when they want you to see them. Just like gremlins and dragons and that fast 5.0 mustang around town that can break the tires free at 150mph.

But serously now werent they supposed to be out this year?

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I thought they were but when this year I'm not sure about. If it's not this year I'm sure it will be spring of 09

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    well technically a trans am is a firebird

firebird was 67 and TA was 69.. if im correct... then they split up.. so not a firebird actually isnt a TA..

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    firebird was 67 and TA was 69.. if im correct... then they split up.. so not a firebird actually isnt a TA..
    no its a firebird trans am . . . my title says "firebird formula trans am". the trans am "option" on the firebird came out in 69. its not just a formula, its a firebird formula.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

a firebird isn't a t/a but a t/a is a firebird. haha, i have the original window sticker in front of me and it says 2000 firebird trans am.

a firebird isn't a t/a but a t/a is a firebird. haha, i have the original window sticker in front of me and it says 2000 firebird trans am.

White with Black Stripe
    1995 Trans Am

its just like the whole square is a rectangle but a rectangle isnt necessarily a square

lol

Quote Originally Posted by rbaksi View Post
    its just like the whole square is a rectangle but a rectangle isnt necessarily a square

lol
    good analogy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information