Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

'79 10th Anniversary Silver Edition 400cin, 4spd... how much you think $$ ??>>

This is a discussion on '79 10th Anniversary Silver Edition 400cin, 4spd... how much you think $$ ??>> within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by GatorSS That's one nice car! Brings back memories of the one I drove back in the early ...

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    That's one nice car! Brings back memories of the one I drove back in the early '80s, when I was a teen.
    Cool.
    I always wanted one. Especially an 79' SE Bandit, but whenever one was for sale i was bankrupt.

IMO they're the nicest Firebird/Trans Am ever made.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by jksz71
    As always check ebay and go over to transamcountry.com and take a look around. Some TATA's are going for big bucks if proper. I've seen very few that were in good restorable condition go for less than 8k. Post some pics if you have them.
    Check out this one - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/259625
    It's for sale, with 60000 miles, but it's got the 403.
    If you check out his poll most would still pay 10-15k.

ws4transam
    taspecialties.com has some nice trans ams on that site

Red
    1998 T/A

Just thought I'd add that IMO the '79 is the baddest t/a ever made, and I'll eventually have one. As far as the olds 403 being junk, it got a bad rep b/c of the windowed main webs. It still makes loads of torque and can be pushed to around 500 horse without problems.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by 98eles1
    Just thought I'd add that IMO the '79 is the baddest t/a ever made, and I'll eventually have one.
    same here.

NBM
    99 TA

like everyone else said... its hard to say without seeing pics
    its probably worth around 10-15k but if you find the right buyer you may be able to fetch more

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Fury
    A serious and honest question for the collectors out there, and for anything anone has ever seen:

My father own since brand new picking it off the delivery trailer:
    1979 10th Anniversary Silver Edition Trans Am 400 cuin, 4spd.

This is the real Pontiac 400, not the POS 403 Olds engine that came with the automatics which aren't worth a damn.

The car has 100kmi on the od. The car is 100% original, and obviously in extremely good, clean, used condition. I know some people like to restore cars to show room condition, but I also know the new trend is to find pristine cars like this untouched and keep them as is, having more value to it and its history.

Reason I'm asking is my father's thinking on selling the car. Doesn't have time for it anymore unfortunately. I would take it from him, but I alreay have 2 cars and cannot afford another one right now... sucks!!! Was hoping this would be a family heirloom (sp?)...

Any guesses??
    Check out mine on cardomain. my screen name is gr879ta. This car has been family owned since new. I am the second owner. I bought it from an uncle. I have all, and I mean all the documentation on this car. Even the temp tags and temp registration it came home from the dealership with. I use a third set of keys my uncle had the foresight to have made at the dealership. The originals still have the knockout slugs still intact. I don't think they have ever been used. This car was featured in HPP mag in Aug 2004. It is a 400 4 speed. It is the one in the foreground on the cover. It is also the one shown in the book written by David Newhardt "The History Of The Trans Am/Firebird" There are 6 pictures of the car or parts of the car in the book. This car is totally original and unrestored. It today has 4,028 miles on it. 5 years ago it was professionally appraised $35,000. Today I would say it is worth 50K+
    I think this car is very near if not already museum quality.

What, no shoutout for the 77 t/a's? The 79's are definetly sharp, but there's just something about that 77. My dad found one about 2 months ago and offered to buy it for me, but it had just been rebuilt and I wasn't impressed wi/the job that was done, it was slower than my 3.4L firebird, and at that point in time I absolutely wanted an ls1 transam. Turns out, a week later my buddy wrecked his gold 98 t/a (some kinda special edition or something) and did not damage to the engine and trans, and this sob had like 450-500 hp all built by him and his dad (I watched). He wanted to sell it to me for cheap, and I coulda had a badass 77 t/a will a screaming ls1 for dirt cheap!
    Oh well, sorry this post was so long, but thanks for listening.

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

I have a 78 limited gold edition, original pont 400, 4 spd car with factory t-tops that I have had for about 5 yrs now. It is ( finally ) mechanically sound with only cosmetic work needed. I have seen these so for over $25,000 restored. I read about one with very, very low miles go for well over $40,000 out of an auto museum. 2nd gens are supposed to be the next hot car out there, so I've read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information