View Poll Results: The Camaro is Supposed to be comming back, Should the Firebird Join it?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

562 87.95%
  • No

77 12.05%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas

This is a discussion on 5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Rewards, very very very Rewarding... (hint. the AAdvantage Mile card TV ad) the russian accent cracks me up everytime....

Rewards, very very very Rewarding... (hint. the AAdvantage Mile card TV ad) the russian accent cracks me up everytime.

Red
    '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    2002's worth a lot of money.... yea right that's a horrible reason not to bring them back
    I could care less about the value of my '02 'cause I aint never selling it..

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Here are a few of a 2002 that was modeled into what a 2003 should have looked like

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Is it just me or does this look kinda Ford - Shelbyish???

And +1 for the keeping the t/a with sexy flowing curves...if they go boxy retro I think it would just keep our cars more valuable cause they actualy look GOOD! IMO ALL the concepts look like PISS

Quote Originally Posted by imflyn View Post
    Is it just me or does this look kinda Ford - Shelbyish???

And +1 for the keeping the t/a with sexy flowing curves...if they go boxy retro I think it would just keep our cars more valuable cause they actualy look GOOD! IMO ALL the concepts look like PISS
    hmmm, iz ok i guess.. i don't like the bumper kit in front,, too low too thick
    Last edited by djvaly; 11-26-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Black
    2002/WS6 Trans am STS

me too! i love my 02 ws6 i would'nt sell it for anything. and when or if the 5 gen comes out i'll be first in line to have mine ordered.
    Last edited by KITT2002; 12-01-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/...ngside-camaro/

What do you all think about this?

early 2009 TA is coming out LS2 motor, I really hope LS7 though, come on GM make me buy one.. I will! we will, ls7 hell ya, I hope 35-40k max though

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash_riot View Post
    so long as it models the solstice curves and not the camaro box that they need to think outside of

Black
    2002 T/A WS6

The fron end is too boxy. I like the big rear, maybe a little more curvy but the front needs work.

I need a bigger box! tsk tsk tsk.

Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

I have a hard time believing that the soon to be Camaro will sell as well as the Mustang GT 500... A Camaro that isn't producing equal or greater horsepower is going to be a sinking ship. Might as well go buy an old 3 Gen and a crate motor...

I mean I think GM could build a competative car and keep it under $40 Grand. The problem is they don't think or even try. They want to add too much unnecessary accessories that are useless in a Muscle car. Who needs an Onstar when you want to hear the rumbling of the exhaust?

As for a Firebird version coming back on the scene? Maybe, but I find it highly unlikely at the momment. Pontiac has much invested in the continuation of the GTO... But GM did renew it's licsence on the name "Firebird" but that doesn't say much because they also renewed the name "Fiero" and who really believes the "Fiero" is coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by *JC* View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the soon to be Camaro will sell as well as the Mustang GT 500... A Camaro that isn't producing equal or greater horsepower is going to be a sinking ship. Might as well go buy an old 3 Gen and a crate motor...

I mean I think GM could build a competative car and keep it under $40 Grand. The problem is they don't think or even try. They want to add too much unnecessary accessories that are useless in a Muscle car. Who needs an Onstar when you want to hear the rumbling of the exhaust?

As for a Firebird version coming back on the scene? Maybe, but I find it highly unlikely at the momment. Pontiac has much invested in the continuation of the GTO... But GM did renew it's licsence on the name "Firebird" but that doesn't say much because they also renewed the name "Fiero" and who really believes the "Fiero" is coming back?
    ok bud, listen Mustang GT500 does 12.7 at 1/4, the Vette with the same power does 11.6 at track. so.. I with a few bolts on '99 TA can pull 12.7 @ track.. A camaro will come out and do better than GT500 for sure... not the same power but Camaro will have 400-450 at crank and whoop GT500. that is a very good incentive to buy Camaro..

The new firebird spin-off looks okay...it kinda resembles the new dodge challenger. That car looks bad to the bone. They kept a lot of original body lines, and hopefully if and when they produce it, the car will still look as good. Its the first concept car I have seen that I dont want them to change anything about.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Attachment 8667

I like this one a lot it moves forward but still keeps some of the strong styling cues that made the last year the best.
    I agree, Pontiac has always thought ahead, not back, thats what made the Firebird desirable. I think so at least.

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua.Grooms View Post
    Attachment 8667

I like this one a lot it moves forward but still keeps some of the strong styling cues that made the last year the best.
    I agree, Pontiac has always thought ahead, not back, thats what made the Firebird desirable. I think so at least.
    Best one yet IMO, keep those curves around

ban-one
    id love for a new T/a to come out but it WONT happen GM said so. They are bringing back the camaro and ive heard the gt will be back but if they bring back the gto and the camaro and the T/a gm wouldnt make as much money because they would have to produce less of each car and drive the price up IMO. one of the three would have week sales and would get dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua.Grooms View Post
    Attachment 8667

I like this version u showing... GM take notice!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Best one yet IMO, keep those curves around
    Yeah, ive noticed a trend in vehicles thats making me sick. Fast cars that look like a rolling brick. Miniature buses if you will. Thats NOT a sportscar, thats a boat with a really expensize price tag and wheels. How about something sexy and edgy like this
    Attachment 8678
    I like this one the best myself.

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

If they make them boxy then the cars will not be as quick as the 4th gen thanks to their wonderful sexy aerodynamic body

Red
    98 Trans Am

Attachment 8684

Attachment 8685
    Even though this is a moded firebird, i like the updated look to it as well.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information