View Poll Results: The Camaro is Supposed to be comming back, Should the Firebird Join it?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

562 87.95%
  • No

77 12.05%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas

This is a discussion on 5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; They also said in 02 that there will not be anymore Camaros either.... yeah. I think he must have changed ...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

They also said in 02 that there will not be anymore Camaros either.... yeah. I think he must have changed the first letter of his name... Used to be Putz....
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wabmorgan View Post

I think the retro thing has came and gone at this point.
    ya, ive been saying that also. i think the retro was the wrong way to go wth this car, but at the same time if it performs well, then i'm glad its back and would like a T/A if there is a camaro. i do think the new design is cool looking, just wish they wouldve just built off of the 4th gen design instead of going retro

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the whole retro thing is great... BUT EVERY ONE IS DOING IT!!!! get over it gm... you missed out...

i bought my t/a because it has the aggressive look that matched it's power...

i don't want a soap box racer...

2000 Pontiac Trans-am WS6

I have been saying from the introduction of the retro mustang that this whole retro fad that Detroit seems to be caught up in is an indicator of the current lack if imagination that the auto makers are suffering from. Appearantly they couldn't come up with any fresh ideas that would sell and in order for ford to keep the mustang from going the way of the camaro and firebird they had to blow the dust of a 40 year old design and rely on the concept of designers who are probably dead by now to sell cars.
    Retro is cool for about 10 minutes, after that it's just an new/old idea that becomes an old/old idea in a hurry. Besides where do the designers go for the next idea if they stick to the retro crap. Keep making the following year retro design? At that rate by the time Ford gets to the 1974 retro mustang, they will be back to making ugly pieces of shit that don't sell. Do we really want GM to follow the same road? The early & mid 80's F-bodies weren't exactly the best design to roll off the line.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

gm's next next Trans am and camaro concept!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    gm's next next Trans am and camaro concept!!!
    Click for full size
    NOW THAT'S WHAT RETRO IS ALL ABOUT!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that is actually the strech limo version... seats 12...

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac View Post
    I have been saying from the introduction of the retro mustang that this whole retro fad that Detroit seems to be caught up in is an indicator of the current lack if imagination that the auto makers are suffering from. Appearantly they couldn't come up with any fresh ideas that would sell and in order for ford to keep the mustang from going the way of the camaro and firebird they had to blow the dust of a 40 year old design and rely on the concept of designers who are probably dead by now to sell cars.
    Retro is cool for about 10 minutes, after that it's just an new/old idea that becomes an old/old idea in a hurry. Besides where do the designers go for the next idea if they stick to the retro crap. Keep making the following year retro design? At that rate by the time Ford gets to the 1974 retro mustang, they will be back to making ugly pieces of shit that don't sell. Do we really want GM to follow the same road? The early & mid 80's F-bodies weren't exactly the best design to roll off the line.
    i liked the 3rd gens, and the poll isnt about retros, simply that the camaro IS comming back and whether or not it should join it. who says pontiac would go retro, look at the styling in the solstice

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    i liked the 3rd gens, and the poll isnt about retros, simply that the camaro IS comming back and whether or not it should join it. who says pontiac would go retro, look at the styling in the solstice
    yeah... but silly looking pictures were included...

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    Maybe you should look at the photos and read the posts on the previous 5 pages. Looks like the the thread is about 5th gen firebirds that look like 5th gen camaros that resemble old style camaros. Hence the word "RETRO" or to be completely grammatically correct "RETROCEDE".

black

well if the TA did come back, one could only assume it would look very similar to the camaro, which we know is 'retro.' so therefore, i think talking about whether we want the car to come back retro is a valid topic. like i said though. i'd just be nice to have it back, hetting FBods some attention again, but if i had my choice, i'd like a fresh design over a modern remake.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyburnouts View Post
    i'd just be nice to have it back, hetting FBods some attention again, but if i had my choice, i'd like a fresh design over a modern remake.
    +1

I just lowered my car at LG Motorsports in Wylie TX... the guy there said
    that the TAs 5th gen will be LS2 engine, he heard 2008-2009 coming out,
    after the new camaros. I said that everybody speculates and he said that he has inside knowledge since his Pro shop has GM ex-employees and pals of pals inside GM.
    cool....! Gen 5th!..
    Last edited by djvaly; 10-06-2006 at 02:41 PM.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWS6 View Post
    Looks too much like the camaro
    I think it looks too much like an old Vette ZR1 with some Wings West-style body panels. I have to say I'm not a fan of it.

Black
    2001Ws6 TransAm

I would buy one. I like that style, but I like my 01WS6 a lot.
    2001WS6 T/A slp lid, smooth bellows, Taylor Thundervolt wires, Bosch+4, Vig 3200 stall, BM trans cooler, SLP 3" Y-pipe, 3" corsa catback, preditor custom tune by RWTD, 275/17BFG'S. 1976T/A 455-4spd-3:42

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Love mine too... but still comes down to the ability to finally order a new "F-body" with what I want.

Just got my latest issue of Poppular Hot Rodding magazine in the mail yesterday and the editors are betting that a 5th gen T/A is extremely likely in '09

black

Quote Originally Posted by Ponti-MANIac View Post
    Just got my latest issue of Poppular Hot Rodding magazine in the mail yesterday and the editors are betting that a 5th gen T/A is extremely likely in '09
    that would be cool. if the camaro is coming out, then it only makes sense to bring back the firebird...and of course the firebird will look cooler..lol.

like I said guys/gals. I have 100% confirmation "word of mouth" from GM insiders that is the case late '08 early '09... TA 5th LS2 motor.... they also said they hope weight lighter 100+ lbs..

like that song goes "I'm in love with a ...... TA" hehheheh

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by caseyWS6 View Post
    why would you guys want them to bring back the TA. Especially the 02 owners, I love the idea of having one of the last production year. If you think about it the value of our cars should go up up up!

You know...on most levels I agree with you completely. I kinda like the idea of having the last of the breed...on the other hand how great would it be to buy a brand new TA? I have always been more partial to the TA over the Camaro, although I love both. TA's always had better lines, more sexy curves, and far supperior interiors IMO. Actually you are on the money about the value of our cars. I routinely see 1998 verts go for more than I paid for mine 3 years ago. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.,..To bad all of these people realized too late how awesome TA's are. Mine was 1 of just under 1400 made in 1998. I really like that idea.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information