View Poll Results: The Camaro is Supposed to be comming back, Should the Firebird Join it?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

562 87.95%
  • No

77 12.05%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas

This is a discussion on 5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MadSeason cool design This right here looks like a supercar, turn those headlights into flip-up and perhaps ...

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    cool design

Click for full size

Click for full sizeClick for full size
    This right here looks like a supercar, turn those headlights into flip-up and perhaps a little bit of adjustment to the way the top is shaped (so people over 6 foot could possibly get in) and bam, that bitch would sell like hotcakes.

BUT

Unfortunately GM doesn't think outside the bun. They once again killed themselves with the GTO, pricing it higher than anyone who gives a shit can possibly afford, the exception to that being everyone who does own them now.

If the GTO had LS1 power, and priced below 20k, modification ready, I GUARANTEE YOU the high-school kid market would be all over that. You know they could do that and still make a few G's off of every car they sell, which is more than enough considering the volume that could be sold, considering that they could probably make such a thing happen for around 7,000 in their factory. Of course they would have had to do something about that sedan-muscle car look it has, lol.

It's not all about huge power from the factory, imo, it's about modification ability. Which is why F-Bodies are my pride and joy.

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

You can say that again. I WOULD BUY ONE!!!!! Espically if those headlights were flip-up. That rear shot is HOT!!!!!!! Maybe pull the base of the windshield a little more forward and I think it would be PERFECT!!!!!!!

ALso, put on some really big feet. 18"F 19"R

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

You want my reason for saying no..... IT is becasue I don't like retro-styled cars. Now, if it looked sort of like that black photoshop car 2 post above, I would have voted hell YES!!!!!!!!

What I would have really liked to see would have been a more streched 4th gen style car, something like the black car above, with the front engine/rear trans set-up that is in the c5 and c6.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them strech the car about 8-12 inches for more rear seat room. I know we rarely use the rear seats but... the 4ths and 3rd gens rear seats are for children or small adults only.
    Last edited by wabmorgan; 09-06-2006 at 11:43 PM.

1994 POS

Black
    2002 Trans Am

If they make a new Trans Am and it looks like those pictures, I think I may have to buy one. If not, I'll keep mine. I don't like the way the Camaro looks as much as the Photshop Trans Am.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Same here... would LOVE to finally get to order myself a new car.. instead of buying a "new-to-me" car....
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

i like the looks of the concept but, that 02/03 looked a little like a montrosity, i liked the spoiler and the hood but that bumper has to go, so does that side vent, the wheels didnt look like they fit the car eithor. You also cant make another trans am without having a ttop version of it.

Impounded
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Looks too much like the camaro

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWS6 View Post
    Looks too much like the camaro
    second that shit
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

blk
    01ws6

pontiac as always is going to define the musclecar i have no dought.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by caseyWS6 View Post
    why would you guys want them to bring back the TA. Especially the 02 owners, I love the idea of having one of the last production year. If you think about it the value of our cars should go up up up!
    Trans Am Lovers like me dont care about value.
    How can u put a value on a passion like this........bring it back ill buy one.....If your in it for money then your not a T/A lover ......

White
    1999 T/A

they should deff come back but like others sais NOT as a retro. some more rear seat room would rock. and nothing compares to the engine bay of a GTO. my buddy had a brand new 6.0 (till he crashed it into a tree right in front of my house) and comparin to our cars, my jaw hit the floor wen i saw how open and spacey his engine bay was..... WOW

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

they really could use that new camaro design to make something cool with the T/A. all the styling cues from the old ones would just be awesome (such as the smokey & the bandit theme, lights from those year 2nd gens, the bird graphic etc). it kinda sucks if the T/A gets left out, but atleast the 4th gens went out with a bang.....still in my opinion tough to beat that syling of the ws6.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well.. the 'Bird was what, 6 months behind the Camaro during the 1st gen? So MAYBE they are planning the same thing... and it would be foollowing its namesake.. the Phoenix rose up from its ashes.. well.. we have the ashes.. now where's the Bird GM?

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Well.. the 'Bird was what, 6 months behind the Camaro during the 1st gen? So MAYBE they are planning the same thing... and it would be foollowing its namesake.. the Phoenix rose up from its ashes.. well.. we have the ashes.. now where's the Bird GM?
    that would be a great surprise

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    that would be a great surprise
    for sure

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

The reason I voted no is basically the same reason as everyone else... I see some of the cars gm has come out with lately and I've been very dissapointed... I would really hate for gm to go and ruin such a huge name! Again it will be hard to pull out from the LS1 WS6 shadow thats some big shoes to fill. I also hate the ugly ass retro style sorry to any Mustang lovers here but thats lame. If they actually brought back a 5th gen. that looked anything like the second last one posted I would buy it. That one looks pretty sweet, I just don't want them to totally ignore the 4th gen. styling they're the best looking ones in my opinion!
    Plus I can see them only putting in a 350 hp engine and then charging way too much for it!

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

Even the Mustang is not going to stay a retro. The 2012 Mustang prototype is already on the cover of car mags and it looks a lot more modern than the new Camaro does.

I think the retro thing has came and gone at this point.

Black & Gold
    1977 SE TA

Being a die hard TA guy and the owner of a 77 SE TA or Smokey and the Bandit TA you know I love the 77-78 retro concept. I also am the webmaster of Trans Am Country (transamcoutnry.com) of which Kevin Morgan is a member. When he first started the concept it evolved quickly. First it started with this:

This image was a kind of modified copy from a concept someone else has done on the net somewhere. A few days later he came out with his own version you see in the start of this post. During its inception fender decals have moved, the fender extractors have moved up, the sail panel moved forward and back.

The lastest version is a 69 retro vert

The response of Kevin's concept artwork has been mostly positive and some big mags have printed it. I for one hope they will build a new firebird. However, Lutz has said there will be no firebird.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information