View Poll Results: The Camaro is Supposed to be comming back, Should the Firebird Join it?

Voters
639. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

562 87.95%
  • No

77 12.05%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast

5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas

This is a discussion on 5th Gen Concept Trans Am Ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm not feelin the T/A, the rear looks wimpy, the tail lights suck. The side view on the second pic ...

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I'm not feelin the T/A, the rear looks wimpy, the tail lights suck.
    The side view on the second pic looks like it wants to be a viper.

I see gone is the rear bumper lip, well thank you, but that's about the only thing I see, I like.

Not feelin the gigantor rims either. The side view mirrors look ghey.

What is that on the bottom? A gold body molding? Geeeze Louise. Some talented artist needs to get busy in paint shop and show these guys what we want. B4 they fuk it up again.

Hate the roof line.

Look everyone we get giant sheets of friggin Lexan to cover the headlights with...Oh boy!!!...can't wait til they get pitted and clouded over.

If this is what were gonna get, I like the Camaro better.

This just made me like my car even more now, if that was possible.

This is a first to me, the Firebird...doesn't look better than the Camaro.

It looks like the girl version of my car, here ya go hunny, you drive this.

About the only thing I see this doing is pushing up the value of my car.

I will say this, this car woulda been alright if they had never made a 98-2002 WS6, we wouldn't know what we were missin, but it's too late for that now ain't it.

Still though, if ever you wanted a Firebird T/A to look like a ricer. Maybe they are trying to aim at them I don't know, I thought they were trying to aim at people who want a lil retro, there's nothing retro about that car to me except the plain Jane tail lights they used to have.

You want to go retro T/A ala Burt, you gotta have flares and pockets all over the place. What the hell are they thinking?

I also hate the hood, I don't like that it sits in behind the nose like that, I wonder why they did that, it's not retro at all and looks stupid.

I just noticed the slits for marker lights on the Camaro, if you squint you can see them, don't see any on the T/A...I like that.

Like the way you can see the caliper and rotor in the pic of it in fourth.

Pontiac...DON'T DO IT!!! You'll be sorry, when I'm in a Dodge dealer test driving a Challenger bitches.

I remember how my heart would stop then quicken every time I would see a 69' Corvette, 69-72' Chevelle, a 69' Camaro or a 70' Cuda, later even the early 80's vettes did that for me...sex on wheels, save for the interiors, Corvette interiors bore me to tears.

Then came a 1998 WS6 T/A my heart stopped, then I got wood.

These two are doing neither for me.

I can't believe there isn't someone with enough vision to set these cars on fire.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 05-25-2007 at 03:59 PM.

before I read all this I need to take a nap, cause halfway through my eyes will get tired. holly mother of posts

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Think of it as a short novel

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I think they need to leave the scoops right up front, like they have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    I think they need to leave the scoops right up front, like they have always been.
    I agree and a second scoop like Z06 would be nice.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Wow some folks take drawings to be way too serious.

Black

yeah, because some fat executive is just going to glance them over, and go "Yeah. That one...Make that one, but in yellow." because fat middle aged men like yellow.

Go fast or Go home!

BLACK
    2002 WS6 TRANS AM

no more T/A's

from what i've heard before GM released the current concept for the Camaro, it was supposed to be a 2 seater mid engine (bad idea) and Pontiac said NO WAY IN HELL!...and when the current concept is put into production it'll share a platform with the GTO (which was a bad design from the start on it's most recent go around). personally, I've got what i was told was one of the last 200 or so off of the assembly line and I don't want to see another Firebird, Formula, or TRANS AM built ever again. I'd live to know they ended strong and not some rehashed "retro" design.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKYARDDTX View Post
    from what i've heard before GM released the current concept for the Camaro, it was supposed to be a 2 seater mid engine (bad idea) and Pontiac said NO WAY IN HELL!...and when the current concept is put into production it'll share a platform with the GTO (which was a bad design from the start on it's most recent go around). personally, I've got what i was told was one of the last 200 or so off of the assembly line and I don't want to see another Firebird, Formula, or TRANS AM built ever again. I'd live to know they ended strong and not some rehashed "retro" design.
    good point, btw, welcome to LS1.com

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

honestly i think pontiac shouldve went in a solstice direction as far as the shape of the car goes.... lets be realistic, theyre not muscle, but solstices are so damn sexy

Black

solstice is also gunning for another class of car, like miata's and that smaller roadster style. I think the T/A should be big, with a long hood with a shaker on it. with a few curves down the body, and (as much as I hate them) pop up headlights, because they're like saying "fuck you" to everyone without them. oh, AND A BIG FAT FUCKING BIRD ON THE HOOD WITH FIRE COMING OUT. If they're not loud and fast as hell then they shouldn't piss on everybody who came before's ideas. but that's just my own personal there.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

So here is an update on the Trans Am deal..... GM is going to produce the Camaro. The Trans Am WILL follow the Camaro, UNLESS Camaro sales are low.... The GTO will not make the return, due to the release of the G8... IF the Trans Am is released it will not be until 1-2 years after the release of the Camaro..... This is pretty much hear say from friends who work at Ponitac....Bring back the Trans Am in 2011 with the LS7

Silver
    1996 Camaro 3.8L

Holy hell, I just read the entire 14 pages worth of comments and such. Talk about varying opinions on just about everything.

First off, the concept in that magazine article...ummm anybody else notice the particularly "Sunfire-ish" look of that front bumper? Made me want to projectile vomit. I think all this brainstorming is great though. Maybe in the end, real F-body fans will have a say in how the new T/A shapes up. (Yes I believe there will be one, holding out hope)

I only have a 1996 Camaro 3.8L that I use as my daily driver (winters too! Oh god, is that ever fun...) I take nice care of it and it's a fun car, but I'm holding out for a Black 2002 T/A w/the WS6 someday. However, looking into the far future, it'd be really nice to have the option of buying a new Trans Am. Should GM build it? Yes. Should they wait a bit before they do to make sure they get it right? YES. Is everyone going to be happy with it? Probably not. But i sure hope this thing comes to life, b/c I don't know what I'm going to dream about after I make my 2002 T/A a reality. And everybody's got to have a dream right?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Namrepus28 View Post
    Holy hell, I just read the entire 14 pages worth of comments and such. Talk about varying opinions on just about everything.

First off, the concept in that magazine article...ummm anybody else notice the particularly "Sunfire-ish" look of that front bumper? Made me want to projectile vomit... I'm holding out for a Black 2002 T/A w/the WS6 someday. However, looking into the far future, it'd be really nice to have the option of buying a new Trans Am.
    tell me about it. does anyone know when or if they're stopping production of sunfires? not that they're not nice, but they're like freaking civics.

Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Thumbs down Just another opinon...

Well after skimming through the comments i personally hate this new "idea" of making all these new cars with that ugly boxy look. No offense to those that like that look on the new mustangs\ charger\ 300C\ and those others that ive forgotten for the moment that all look exactly the same to me. Its just ugly, ok so maybe mustang was trying to bring back that Shelby look but as for the rest of them its basically the same car with a different body and logo on it. Same frame. Dodge nitro is just a jeep liberty! Car companies are giving up on the idea of unique looks. Thats why I love all the T\as and Camaros they all are so unique looking and rare at least where i live I can drive for days without seeing one unlike a mustang which you can see at every light.
    But anyway back to my point is this box look is just too much "stuff" if that makes sense, too much car. And like that guy said on the first page "curves like a womans body" is defiantly what our reaming muscle cars should maintain. But hey if you guys like the box cars, might as well get a scion Xb, lots of drag there. But again this is just my opinion of this concept. If i could id get the rights to our f-bodies and start reproducing them myself!

White
    02 WS6 6SPD TA

OK, here's my idea. Take the style of the first and second gens and put them together. These two generations are what defined the Trans Am. I built this model last year. It's a 68 Firebird with the lower half of a 78 T/A front bumper molded onto the 68 front bumper. It has the classic shaker hood and the rear spoiler off of the 78. The rear bumper is shaved and molded into the rear panel. The taillights remain that of the 68. The rear fenders are flared a bit to widen the back and the side vents are there just for the hell of it. I have actually been thinking of building this car myself.

black/black
    2000 trans am ws6 conv

Thumbs up

wow, almost looks like something Foose would do

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I gotta say.. not bad!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

White
    1996 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

For sure don't build it without the shaker hood or least have it as an option!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information