Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

33k for a trans am...

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

wow, that car is brand new, but i'd definatly hold on to it a little longer before I sold it, the owner of that obviously bought it as an investment since its hardly been driven, good luck getting that $$ for it in this economy...

White
    1998 Trans Am

Love to have a TA with that low mileage. If I was going to spend that kinda cash I rather have a 99 Aniversary(white/blue). I love that color combo. The yellow is ok but those Blue chrome wheels and white leather is hot.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...7944QQtcZphoto

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Love to have a TA with that low mileage. If I was going to spend that kinda cash I rather have a 99 Aniversary(white/blue). I love that color combo. The yellow is ok but those Blue chrome wheels and white leather is hot.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...7944QQtcZphoto
    i agree with you on the white leather, but those blue rims are hideous. cool idea, but for some reason i just dont think any car can pull that off.

and i don't think i could ever justify buying a car that i would never drive, what's the point? if you're gonna invest $33k there are a lot more sure things out there than a hoping a gm will increase in value... the only way thats worth it is if you really love the car and want it outside of monetary gain.

Red
    2001 ws6

if i had 33k and the car was a 6 speed, id buy it. Its like buying a brand new car, regardless of the year. Also, nothing will ever compare to the looks of these beauties and the rarity of them is increasing which is only going to drive up the prices down the road and once we get out of this economic situation.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would swap the rims if I bought it cause there too small but I like them because there different. Actually I wouldn'y buy one for to collect or anything. if I had one I'd use it just like the one I got now to go out on the weekends and the occasional weekend trip. Mine used to be a daily driver to and from work 5 days a week, rain,shine, or even snow when I was in MA.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    if i had 33k and the car was a 6 speed, id buy it. Its like buying a brand new car, regardless of the year. Also, nothing will ever compare to the looks of these beauties and the rarity of them is increasing which is only going to drive up the prices down the road and once we get out of this economic situation.
    right, i agree, if youre gonna buy it to drive. but not to sit and collect. still though, how has the car not decreased in value at all? thats almost the sticker price... its still a used gm.

Red
    2001 ws6

used with 2k miles......lol........does every1 agree down the road these cars will go up in value? not down?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

of course it will...in 20 more years.

Exactly right. That price is about what these cars cost when they were new,,,,,and,,,,well,,,,,you are assentially getting a new one

The economy won't stay like this forever, he'll fetch that price on down the road, especially these rare models that are few and far between.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the prices double that in another 15 years.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Exactly right. That price is about what these cars cost when they were new,,,,,and,,,,well,,,,,you are assentially getting a new one

The economy won't stay like this forever, he'll fetch that price on down the road, especially these rare models that are few and far between.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the prices double that in another 15 years.
    really ? look at the first gen maros etc..you think in 15 years the Ce additions will be fetching 60k+?

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    really ? look at the first gen maros etc..you think in 15 years the Ce additions will be fetching 60k+?
    Um,,,,where have you been. The first gen camaro's are already fetching 60K and then some.

A 69 Z28 correctly restored will grab 60-80K no problem,,,and with the right options even more. I had one and currently have another one.

Do I need to mention Yenko's, Baldwin Motion, COPO.

Shucks even a Super Sport with a 396/375 hp will fetch 60K if restored properly,,,,I had 2 of these.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

ya first gens can fetch alot, especially if the car is all matching numbers, those are the ones that go for the BIG bucks

Oh I see now where he said CE editions fetching 60K,,,sorry milkman I'll reinerate.

As far as that goes well thats a matter of waiting it out and see. If history repeats itself then I'd say it's a good bet. Only time will tell.

I can't tell you how many times I've taken one of the classic cars to a cruise in and have these 50-60 year old guys tell me stories,,,,oh how I wish I still had that car,,,or,,,,I wish I never wrapped that around a tree,,,or,,,I wish I never cut that up drag raced it to death,,,etc....
    Well I can understand their frustration now,,,a car they paid $3,000 for brand new and now look at them. We had no idea back then these cars would be worth so much. Now you have to mortgage your house and sell your child just to buy one.

Why would the rare 4th gen examples be any different??? Well we will just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    ya first gens can fetch alot, especially if the car is all matching numbers, those are the ones that go for the BIG bucks
    Yep and because of that the early second gens are starting to come around and fetch some very respectable money now.
    Eventually they won't be as affordable either,,,,and we are already starting to see the late 70's second gens pickup the slack too.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

used with 2k miles......lol........does every1 agree down the road these cars will go up in value? not down?
    really though, what classic car didnt increase in value? not saying 4th gens wont bring in a lot of money down the road, its just not my thing to buy a car at sticker 7 years later. i bought my car with 12,000 miles and drive it on weekends and put a couple thousand miles on it a year. it just makes more sense to me to buy something and enjoy it.

plus another thing to think about, how many people have collector ta's or camaros with less than 5,000 miles? prob a lot more than you think. quite a few people bought these cars with the mind set to store them. that wasnt the case in the 60's. also, those were 1st gens. how many 2nd or 3rd gens are bringing in any money? hardly none. all im saying, is if i were going to make a smart buisiness investment, it wouldnt be in a new ta, id just get a 57 chevy and hold on to that for 20 more years. thats all. i love these cars as much as everyone else does. but really, were the only ones who really think our cars are worth as much as they are.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Yeah I really would like to get a first or second gen t/a or Z but i'm afraid a few years down the road after I finish school and all that they'll be even more money and more rare of a find, same with mopars those things are getting rediculous price wise, such as roadrunners,challengers,chargers,super bee's,demon's ect...my dream car used to me a 69-71 dodge superbee, but seeing the price of those these days I dont think that will happen, even ones with decent quarter panels and rusted out trunks are spendy..

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    really though, what classic car didnt increase in value? not saying 4th gens wont bring in a lot of money down the road, its just not my thing to buy a car at sticker 7 years later. i bought my car with 12,000 miles and drive it on weekends and put a couple thousand miles on it a year. it just makes more sense to me to buy something and enjoy it.

plus another thing to think about, how many people have collector ta's or camaros with less than 5,000 miles? prob a lot more than you think. quite a few people bought these cars with the mind set to store them. that wasnt the case in the 60's. also, those were 1st gens. how many 2nd or 3rd gens are bringing in any money? hardly none. all im saying, is if i were going to make a smart buisiness investment, it wouldnt be in a new ta, id just get a 57 chevy and hold on to that for 20 more years. thats all. i love these cars as much as everyone else does. but really, were the only ones who really think our cars are worth as much as they are.
    Not sure if im reading this right but it seems like your contradicting yourself. I could be wrong but if your saying a 2002 TA is a collector item then how can u say its not going to go up in value if you also said all collector cars go up in value. I could be reading this wrong, all doped up on cold medicine.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

fail

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Not sure if im reading this right but it seems like your contradicting yourself. I could be wrong but if your saying a 2002 TA is a collector item then how can u say its not going to go up in value if you also said all collector cars go up in value. I could be reading this wrong, all doped up on cold medicine.
    i just dont think thats a deal for that car. i do think theyll go up in value. i wouldnt get a car to store though. we just dont know if these cars are gonna double, triple, or whatever, like some of these other classics. just saying i wouldnt buy it with the hopes that in 20 years ill double my money. youd have to have an extra $30k just laying around to buy a car and not drive it. i could see getting it, driving it, and taking extremely good care of it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information