Thread: 3.73 vs 4.10

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

3.73 vs 4.10

i am wanting to know what the drivablility changes will be when changing the stock gears to either the 3.73 or to the 4.10. a friend advised me to buy the 3.73, due to me shifting way way too quick. i know that with the stock gears i was only dropping about 1000 rpm b/w gears. im making this to be a street rod. not a daily driver at all. so how much acceleration will i gain vs stock running the 3.73's. as compared to the 4.10's. im just looking for what to expect from this change. thanks guys

Black
    2000 TA Built

the 4.10s will most likely get you outta the hole and some cars fall on their face after 2nd gear but ull be shifting extremely quick.... i would go with the 3.73s cuz they have excellent outta the hole acceleration but will also aloow you to have a good power range througout the whole race....however if you are running a street rod with high horsepower about the 400 rwhp range then the 4.10s wont fall on their face because the power will back them up....however all and all said if you want something that with be a hot rod for the street/ track i would definetely go with the 3.73s they are a good all around gear...hope that helps

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

thanks that really does help. i will be pushing about 400hp, but i think that im going to be happier with the 3.73's thanks

Thread Information