Thread: 2k trans am

White
    00 T/A

2k trans am

looking to trade my dragbike for a 2k trans am, ive wanted a ls1 car for awhile but not sure what there worth, this is what is done to the car
    2k trans am with a built 4l60e, yank pt4400 stall, longtubes, magnaflow catback exhaust, ms4 cam, 4.10 gear, black weld draglites. all mods have less than a 1k on them..body has 110k on it and motor has 46k
    any thought on what it would go for and poss what it would run in the 1/8 just lookin for a ball park nothing in stone

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Not sure what it would run, but i wouldn't pay that much for a car modded so heavily
    If it's in good shape i'd pay around 7-10k ballpark, hard to tell without actually seeing it

Is the rear end in it stock? 4400 stall, 4.10 gears, and sticky tires don't play well with the stock 10 bolts that come in these cars

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Not sure what it would run, but i wouldn't pay that much for a car modded so heavily
    If it's in good shape i'd pay around 7-10k ballpark, hard to tell without actually seeing it

Is the rear end in it stock? 4400 stall, 4.10 gears, and sticky tires don't play well with the stock 10 bolts that come in these cars
    Word. I wouldnt pay more than 9 max. The car has a built trans, pretty big stall and 4.10's. That should tell you something....
    Not to mention if he had drags/slick in the back, the rear is a ticking time bomb, and thats another 2500 out of your pocket.Take your time and research. I see this is your first post, so keep reading untill your eyes fall out. Tons of info on here and a lot of intelligent members.
    Last edited by rajiv1998; 07-06-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

White
    00 T/A

thanks for the look out guys, I was lookin for a value for about 9 out of my bike so sounds like this could be a good deal, Ive been around drag cars all my life but when it comes to any thing with a computer I call someone else. What is the diff. between the trans am and the ws6, can I put the ws6 hood on it. I know the first thing thats gonna happen is the rearend and a mild cage, then power adder???? what have you guys been happier and had good results out of bottle or forced, I will be building a motor this winter but not sure where to start, just build a bullet proof bottom or go big
    thanks again

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by motavated View Post
    thanks for the look out guys, I was lookin for a value for about 9 out of my bike so sounds like this could be a good deal, Ive been around drag cars all my life but when it comes to any thing with a computer I call someone else. What is the diff. between the trans am and the ws6, can I put the ws6 hood on it. I know the first thing thats gonna happen is the rearend and a mild cage, then power adder???? what have you guys been happier and had good results out of bottle or forced, I will be building a motor this winter but not sure where to start, just build a bullet proof bottom or go big
    thanks again
    No differance in the WS6 over the base model other than the hood, and possibly higher resale value when/if you sell.

Cage?? Do you plan on racing that much? The stock motor is good for a 200 shot, but I really wouldnt go more than 100-150 MAX. I would build a motor. Check out Texas Speed (one of our sponsor). New motor might cost more, but once you get a stroker and a forged rotating assembly, the possibilities are endless.

White
    00 T/A

the car will be a flat put drag car but I want to be able to drive it to a rod run if the time comes, I learned my leason about a cage a few years back the hard way, If I spray the car do I need to do anything else with the fuel system if I go with 100 shot, the car is said to run high 7's in the 1/8 witch dont seam to far out to me but again im lost when it comes to the ls motors, it the carb set up the way to go

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by motavated View Post
    the car will be a flat put drag car but I want to be able to drive it to a rod run if the time comes, I learned my leason about a cage a few years back the hard way, If I spray the car do I need to do anything else with the fuel system if I go with 100 shot, the car is said to run high 7's in the 1/8 witch dont seam to far out to me but again im lost when it comes to the ls motors, it the carb set up the way to go
    Injectors and plugs. Throw on a FAST 90/90 while you have the intake off.

Thread Information