Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation 2015 Dodge Scat Pack Challenger: Ponycar Value King!

Throughout the '80s, '90s, and the first decade of the new millennia, Dodge was—to put it bluntly—bad at math. Ford and Chevy (and Pontiac in earlier years) adeptly applied the age-old hot rodder's calculus of horsepower divided by weight divided by MSRP.

More...

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Sigh... It's not much value when my salary is in the lower $50K range. Wish my pay kept pace with inflation. I'm not even part of the top 25%...

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Just wait till the real inflation kicks in lol
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
    Sigh... It's not much value when my salary is in the lower $50K range. Wish my pay kept pace with inflation. I'm not even part of the top 25%...
    Vote republican in 2016. That's a good start.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I love the new Scat Pac Dodge's. I remember the original Scat Pac's from the 60's and these cars keep the tradition going. 434 rwhp, A tough 8 speed paddle shift auto, leather and all the trimmings for under 40k I'm all in. 12.7 1/4 mile times and a 177 top end with 25 mpg. How did they do it. Anything that ran close to 12.7 back in the 60's got 7 to 9 mpg of 100 octane fuel, was stripped inside and cost twice that of a regular car. I remember when a mid 70's Corvette had 185 hp and I thought performance was gone for good. Thank God for technology

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I like the Scat Pack. Not sure I'd ever buy one ($40K opens up some real interesting choices in the used car market), but I'm glad that the car exists, even if it's only to add variety to the competition out there.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Good marketing using the term "scat" which means "to chow down on large amounts of big, hot, shit"
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Good marketing using the term "scat" which means "to chow down on large amounts of big, hot, shit"
    Sorry Jon. Scat is Bear Shit. It has nothing to do with eating anything. Why be a hater ?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I like the Scat Pack. Not sure I'd ever buy one ($40K opens up some real interesting choices in the used car market), but I'm glad that the car exists, even if it's only to add variety to the competition out there.
    Its not as bad as you think M. I was at my local Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer and we ran some numbers because I am thinking of putting a black Scat Pac Challenger in my garage. Dealers are giving breaks of these cars because they are not a limited edition. Say you get them down to 37k, you put 7k down with cash and trade, put the loan out for 7 years and lets say we get 6% interest you can put one of these beauties in your driveway for about 434.00 per month. That's the rwhp rating for this car. Seems like a perfect match. For all you bow-tie guys who can't afford a Corvette or don't want a Camaro you now have a low ( relative ) cost alternative.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Sorry Jon. Scat is Bear Shit. It has nothing to do with eating anything. Why be a hater ?
    I'm not lol. That's a direct quote from Urban dictionary and a well-known term in...what shall I call it...the fetish world for a lack of a better phrase. I didn't make it up. Even so, it's still referring to shit lol. Not bashing the actual car or features/power.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I'm not lol. That's a direct quote from Urban dictionary and a well-known term in...what shall I call it...the fetish world for a lack of a better phrase. I didn't make it up. Even so, it's still referring to shit lol. Not bashing the actual car or features/power.
    I live in NW NJ were we have 3500 black bears in the county. Scat is something we all step in while hunting. It is just a part of life. Do yourself a favor and go to your local Dodge dealership and test drive one of these beasts. It may be 4000 lbs but it can handle and stop with most cars in its price range. The acceleration will put a big grin on your face. Guaranteed.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Again, I just think it's an odd/not well thought out name is all. I've already gotten used to my power (500+rwhp) and feel like my car is slow at times even though I know it isn't. I do think it's a great value for the price. Actually, better than great. They've been doing very impressive things The new technology with the power is what I'd like. The 4th gens lack that. The range of cars in my fleet goes from 02 to 14 and there's leaps differences. It will only continue to improve too.

PS - I cannot stand NJ. I know you agree with me there lol.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

wont change anything...they cant prevent the stuff that is going to happen. They might be able to soften the blow, but nobody can prevent what is going to occur.

In other news, I love what Dodge is doing with cars right now. Everybody says they are "heavy" but they still haul ass lol

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Its not as bad as you think M. I was at my local Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer and we ran some numbers because I am thinking of putting a black Scat Pac Challenger in my garage. Dealers are giving breaks of these cars because they are not a limited edition. Say you get them down to 37k, you put 7k down with cash and trade, put the loan out for 7 years and lets say we get 6% interest you can put one of these beauties in your driveway for about 434.00 per month. That's the rwhp rating for this car. Seems like a perfect match. For all you bow-tie guys who can't afford a Corvette or don't want a Camaro you now have a low ( relative ) cost alternative.
    I respect the Challenger, and the Scat Package, but I still dont see it in the same light as the Camaro and Mustang. Its more Muscle Car than Pony car. I'd put my WS6 against it in he cornering , braking,and handling department, throw in a set of heads and cam and up it to the straight line as well. With the wheel/tire and suspension pfferings, it obvious that anything but straightline was an afterthought. To be honest, I don't even know why the offer the 5.7 Hemi in it, they should make the 6.4 the standard V8. All in all The Challenger really is not a Pony car.

What it does do better than anything else is act like a personal luxury coupe. Great interior space, comfy ride. Its like a Grand National more than anyting else, and thats not a bad thing. If I had room for two V8 cars in my household, I'd buy a Scat Pack for the cruiser and make my WS6 the fire breathing dragon (that I probably would make anyways).

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I dont want to go political, but I have to. To the poster, Why? The Republican leadership in the House and Senate are giving the Democrats, and the White House everything they want. Theyve given up the power of the purse, the power of true oversight of treaties (the Constitution requires 66% of the present Senate to ratify a treaty, now its a straight up or down amd no amending), the power of imigration, and no pushback on out of line executive orders. When the Republicans are in the minority, they capitulate, when they are in the majoroty, they capitulate. /rant

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Again, I just think it's an odd/not well thought out name is all. I've already gotten used to my power (500+rwhp) and feel like my car is slow at times even though I know it isn't. I do think it's a great value for the price. Actually, better than great. They've been doing very impressive things The new technology with the power is what I'd like. The 4th gens lack that. The range of cars in my fleet goes from 02 to 14 and there's leaps differences. It will only continue to improve too.

PS - I cannot stand NJ. I know you agree with me there lol.
    I hate this state. I live here because of family and the all mighty paycheck. 10 years from now I will be in the Carolina's and I will never look back. I remember reading Hot Rod magazine back in the late 60's and 70's. Scat was used as a word to mean leave quickly. Scat, get outa here. Pac was the group of vehicles. I don't think the advertising firm ever thought about the technical term. Scat Pac meaning Bear Shit Group. lol

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I dont want to go political, but I have to. To the poster, Why? The Republican leadership in the House and Senate are giving the Democrats, and the White House everything they want. Theyve given up the power of the purse, the power of true oversight of treaties (the Constitution requires 66% of the present Senate to ratify a treaty, now its a straight up or down amd no amending), the power of imigration, and no pushback on out of line executive orders. When the Republicans are in the minority, they capitulate, when they are in the majoroty, they capitulate. /rant
    Sorry, I use the term Republican loosely but I am a Tea Party Member and I mean vote Conservative. Since we only have a two party system there is only one choice. Republican. I think we will have a Walker / Rubio ticket which will be a winner in my opinion.

Thread Information