Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2012 firebird?

This is a discussion on 2012 firebird? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 9T8W66 Or GM for that matter. tO MANY JOBS ARE GOING TO BE LOST THE GOVERNMENT ARE ...

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Or GM for that matter.
    tO MANY JOBS ARE GOING TO BE LOST THE GOVERNMENT ARE GOING TO BAIL THEM OUT. tHE COUNTRY CAN'T AFFORD ANY MORE NEGATIVE NEWS.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

the problem is the UAW

silver
    1998 camaro

wasnt congress suppose to vote on a 15 million dallar bailout for the three car companies (gm, ford, chrysler) the other day?

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Passed House I think.... But Senate shot it down. Justice Pay Hike included that some didn't like. Or, something like that. + Yes, UAW is causing it to be a lot more expensive to build cars in the U.S. for the U.S. Companies. Import car companies do not have Unions. So, to be competitive we should let the car companies go out of business and restart the U.S. companies without the Unions to complete with the rest of the world. Wages would also fall..... but, then would the prices of the cars. So, is this a good thing? Maybe .... Maybe not ....because everything else is now going up because companies are trying to stay in business and need "X" dollars to stay in business.

Things are kind of upside down right now.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    the problem is the UAW
    whats wrong with 8hrs pay for 8hrs work

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
    Passed House I think.... But Senate shot it down. Justice Pay Hike included that some didn't like. Or, something like that. + Yes, UAW is causing it to be a lot more expensive to build cars in the U.S. for the U.S. Companies. Import car companies do not have Unions. So, to be competitive we should let the car companies go out of business and restart the U.S. companies without the Unions to complete with the rest of the world. Wages would also fall..... but, then would the prices of the cars. So, is this a good thing? Maybe .... Maybe not ....because everything else is now going up because companies are trying to stay in business and need "X" dollars to stay in business.

Things are kind of upside down right now.
    Those union auto workers are making like $70 bucks an hour to put a bolt in a hole and have a friggen robot torque it down!!!

And they better NEVER bring back the Firebird/ T/A and make it look as horrible as the Camaro does...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    the problem is the UAW
    I agree but their only part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Those union auto workers are making like $70 bucks an hour to put a bolt in a hole and have a friggen robot torque it down!!!
    Actually most of them make less then half of what you stated.
    And most of those people have already been laid off or bought out.

Remember the Union rewards the nonproductive worker.
    So if you show up on time everyday and do your job, your dues are paying for the Goof next to you to keep his Job after missing his AA meetings.
    While at the same time the Union official is spending your dues flying the private jet down to Tampa for an afternoon Golf outing.
    Oh wait the same thing goes on with the Big 3 exec's. And to think these guys won't take a pay cut to keep their companies running even though they personally bank millions every year.

OK I'm done.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    2001 Trash Can

So if you show up on time everyday and do your job, your dues are paying for the Goof next to you to keep his Job after missing his AA meetings.
    While at the same time the Union official is spending your dues flying the private jet down to Tampa for an afternoon Golf outing.
    Oh wait the same thing goes on with the Big 3 exec's. And to think these guys won't take a pay cut to keep their companies running even though they personally bank millions every year.

OK I'm done.

I know, it was an overexaggeration, but thanks for helping prove my point about unions. My company, which shall remain unanimous, had a lot of guys considering a union and I for one will quit if that day comes. Also, the CEO took home a 27 million dollar bonus this year but refuses to raise employee pay, which is the lowest in the industry...

white
    2000 Z28

OK I'm done.
    there isnt a purchase from my local that doesnt get brought up to the body for voting and the only trips that are paid for by dues are for the iti guys to come to my training center to take classes and meetings. the money is not anywhere near 70 and hour over here and there are only 2 places that make more than vegas in general which are san fran and new york. im sorry you guys dont approve of people who get paid for their education in their trade which is a fully trained career. what they do outside of work shows up at work all the time. which is why no shows go home. you keep work if your a good worker in most cases and you stay on the books if you dont want to work. if your on the books looking for work it is because either you dont want to work, or have one or many problems, and currently some situations are the economy. trust me it shows very well if you dont want to work and it gets taken care of pretty easily. alot of places get slow in the winter and some just plain stop which is why we NEGOTIATE for our wages. so if you would like to bash the people who gave you weekends and a lunch break go ahead but many people dont get those luxuries.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 12-13-2008 at 09:04 PM.

white
    2000 Z28

I know, it was an overexaggeration, but thanks for helping prove my point about unions. My company, which shall remain unanimous, had a lot of guys considering a union and I for one will quit if that day comes. Also, the CEO took home a 27 million dollar bonus this year but refuses to raise employee pay, which is the lowest in the industry...
    i think you mean anonymous. and why would you quit? i dont see why people dont like to get paid for knowing their work.

White
    2000 Trans AM

If they came out with a TA I'd buy one for shits and giggles...
    But they should worry about thier debt 1st

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    i think you mean anonymous. and why would you quit? i dont see why people dont like to get paid for knowing their work.
    *Fixed lol. This is what happens when you get drunk and post There are many reasons why I would not want my company to go to a union and a few of them are courtesy services and the ability to bring home a company vehicle every night; Privelages that would be taken away if we went union. Also, pay rate would decrease.

Another reason is that I am more productive and efficent than most people I work with, while doing more quality work (and it shows in my production #'s) at the same time. Don't get me wrong, most of the guys I work with are good guys, but I couldn't willingly cheat the system like they do and expect to feel good about myself and my job security. In short, I am against what a "good union worker" would be because I have a strong work ethic and I can't stand lazy people.

white
    2000 Z28

*Fixed lol. This is what happens when you get drunk and post There are many reasons why I would not want my company to go to a union and a few of them are courtesy services and the ability to bring home a company vehicle every night; Privelages that would be taken away if we went union. Also, pay rate would decrease.

Another reason is that I am more productive and efficent than most people I work with, while doing more quality work (and it shows in my production #'s) at the same time. Don't get me wrong, most of the guys I work with are good guys, but I couldn't willingly cheat the system like they do and expect to feel good about myself and my job security. In short, I am against what a "good union worker" would be because I have a strong work ethic and I can't stand lazy people.
    being as good as you say you are(not discrediting you in any way) would keep you in a manager or gm type position or in hard times would keep a job. in many cases when offered a position like that, more gm as opposed to just manager, you are supplied a company vehicle aswell. in the case of the lazy people, that just points at my previous statement in which i said "what people do outside of work shows up at work all the time. which is why no shows go home. you keep work if your a good worker. in most cases and you stay on the books if you dont want to work. if your on the books looking for work it is because either you dont want to work, or have one or many problems, and currently some situations are the economy". and assuming you were in a higher position it would fall on you to get rid of the lazy people. your pay would be negotiated by your local which in otherwords means if you take a paycut it would be your fault because you didn't fight for it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

there isnt a purchase from my local that doesnt get brought up to the body for voting and the only trips that are paid for by dues are for the iti guys to come to my training center to take classes and meetings. the money is not anywhere near 70 and hour over here and there are only 2 places that make more than vegas in general which are san fran and new york. im sorry you guys dont approve of people who get paid for their education in their trade which is a fully trained career. what they do outside of work shows up at work all the time. which is why no shows go home. you keep work if your a good worker in most cases and you stay on the books if you dont want to work. if your on the books looking for work it is because either you dont want to work, or have one or many problems, and currently some situations are the economy. trust me it shows very well if you dont want to work and it gets taken care of pretty easily. alot of places get slow in the winter and some just plain stop which is why we NEGOTIATE for our wages. so if you would like to bash the people who gave you weekends and a lunch break go ahead but many people dont get those luxuries.
    Skill trades is a different story my friend I have no problem with those people making higher wages because of their educaton. But Unions aren't needed in this day and age. On one of my previous Jobs we had a Legal Contract with our employer without a union. and we were making damn close to what UAW Workers were making and had the same benifits.
    As far as bashing the people who gave us weekends and a lunch break, Sorry I live outside Detroit (who know where Unions are King) and I've never heard of any slave shops around here.
    But I do agree that without the Unions we wouldn't have the Laws we have now that protect Employees.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i work for hyundai motor manufacturing alabama as a production team member,and i feel that the union is outdated.our management has had issues come up and has dealt with them properly,they asked our opinion,and based their decision on our opinion.we do not need a union.as far as a new firebird,dude it ain't happening,lutz said it himself.not to mention how long it has taken to get the camaro out.new firebird=pipe dream.

Blue
    2000 TA

As much as I'd like to see a Firebird it will probably never happen. GM will be lucky to be in business in 2010. The best chance is for someone to make a Firebird body kit providing the Camaro ever hits the steets. With AlGore/Obama the likelyhood is slim.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Seriously?
    We'll be lucky if Pontiac is even around in 2012....
    couldnt have said it better myself....

Red
    2001 Trash Can

being as good as you say you are(not discrediting you in any way) would keep you in a manager or gm type position or in hard times would keep a job. in many cases when offered a position like that, more gm as opposed to just manager, you are supplied a company vehicle aswell. in the case of the lazy people, that just points at my previous statement in which i said "what people do outside of work shows up at work all the time. which is why no shows go home. you keep work if your a good worker. in most cases and you stay on the books if you dont want to work. if your on the books looking for work it is because either you dont want to work, or have one or many problems, and currently some situations are the economy". and assuming you were in a higher position it would fall on you to get rid of the lazy people. your pay would be negotiated by your local which in otherwords means if you take a paycut it would be your fault because you didn't fight for it.
    I didn't mean beak my arm patting myself on the back, but I have stayed in the top 10 in my office out of 80+ techs since I have been there, and I just hope that my hard work and extra effort will pay off if (god forbid) anything (the economy) were to ever comrpomise my job. I know a few people that work in a similar industry trade that work in a union and hard work is mostly frowned upon. I'm sorry, but I'd rather stay home, then waste my time getting ready and traveling to work to not give a shit about my performance and what I do.

NBM
    99 TA

I will be fucking LIVID if they bring back the trans am.... let it RIP

Im all for a new pontiac muscle car, but for fucks sake, call it some thing else

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    i work for hyundai motor manufacturing alabama as a production team member,and i feel that the union is outdated.our management has had issues come up and has dealt with them properly,they asked our opinion,and based their decision on our opinion.we do not need a union.as far as a new firebird,dude it ain't happening,lutz said it himself.not to mention how long it has taken to get the camaro out.new firebird=pipe dream.
    ummm just to let you know foreign companies have nothing to do with afl-cio. and more than likely you wouldnt be allowed to be apart of the international because your job is supporting foreign companies. it helps a few people having a plant here but does even less for the economy seeing as how hyundai is sending most of the money that was used to purchased those cars to korea and all.
    01ws6er just reread post 30 your replies seem like my posts dont make sense. the jist of my posts said if you put in enough effort your work would have already paid off. its more than likely how im reading your replies though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information