Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

2011 Trans Am Nationals registration info.

This is a discussion on 2011 Trans Am Nationals registration info. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Forms and other good stuff. Dave-- hope to see you there. http://www.78ta.com/nats/...

  1. #1
    C Dave Go TheSilverSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perrysburg,Ohio
    Age
    73
    Posts
    503

    Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    2011 Trans Am Nationals registration info.

    Forms and other good stuff.


    Dave-- hope to see you there.


    http://www.78ta.com/nats/

  2. #2
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    Looks like a great event.....

    Wish I were closer.......
    2000 NBM WS6

    /oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

    ><(((>`..`.><((((>

  3. #3
    Where's the tequila?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pickerington, Ohio
    Posts
    69

    Black
    '02 Trans Am WS6

    I gotta try and make it this year.


    PEACE....from Zeppelin

  4. #4
    Car Nut ICRAZY6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lacon, Illinois
    Posts
    404

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Had a blast last year. Took home a 4th in a class. Not bad for my first year there. Looking forward to it again.

  5. #5
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Pfff, still no drag racing on the schedule, and this after having discussions with the club late last year. With expressed interest even, guess nobody is stepping up to the plate to make it happen. Oh well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Damn I hate when these events are so damn far from me, one of these years I will have the money and time to go and visit these events. Somebody should take alot of pics when they go and post them up!!

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Damn I hate when these events are so damn far from me, one of these years I will have the money and time to go and visit these events. Somebody should take alot of pics when they go and post them up!!

    A bit far for me too. Really want to check it out though.

  8. #8
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    A bit far for me too. Really want to check it out though.
    Your alot closer than I am lol, I want to just hit the lottery and one year just hit every main LSX event!!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Your alot closer than I am lol, I want to just hit the lottery and one year just hit every main LSX event!!

    Come on up to the GM Nationals in June. We have a thread in Eastern Members on it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Come on up to the GM Nationals in June. We have a thread in Eastern Members on it.
    I barely have the money to drive to saint louis in march, hopefully this new job pulls threw, so I will be able to goto fbody week at myrtle in july!! Where is the nationals at?

  11. #11
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I barely have the money to drive to saint louis in march, hopefully this new job pulls threw, so I will be able to goto fbody week at myrtle in july!! Where is the nationals at?
    Carlisle, PA

  12. #12
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Carlisle, PA
    Yea def don't have the funds for that, maybe by next year after BLET I will be able to have the funds for it!!

    Edit: Idk I thought it was farther than what it was I will see after I get back from STL next month and let you know!! http://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=...0.8433&2v=CITY

  13. #13
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Pfff, still no drag racing on the schedule, and this after having discussions with the club late last year. With expressed interest even, guess nobody is stepping up to the plate to make it happen. Oh well.
    I agree, there is a massive LACK of 'performance' to this venue. Don't get me wrong, i love shows-but pontiac is performance so they should have some damn track events!

  14. #14
    Where's the tequila?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pickerington, Ohio
    Posts
    69

    Black
    '02 Trans Am WS6

    Maybe with the casino going into Columbus, the folks putting the event together could look at moving the venue in a year or 2 to the new casino hotel. National Trails Dragstrip is local (about 20-30 minutes from the casino property) and there used to be weekly autocross events at the casino property location, so I know there are people locally that would help get an autocross event together. The guy that runs FRRAX.com(F-Body Road Racing And Autocross) is in Galloway, near the casino location. The Rt 270 loop could be used for the cruise and maybe run over to the other side of the outerbelt. There are a few smaller towns to choose from, including Pickerington. Nice old downtown that is accommodating to cars, as there are a few car shows a year there. A couple nice downtown parks to park at as well as the downtown area.

    The current location is cool too, don't get me wrong.

  15. #15
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I agree, there is a massive LACK of 'performance' to this venue. Don't get me wrong, i love shows-but pontiac is performance so they should have some damn track events!
    Yep, they used to have "All Pontiac" drag racing at KilKare on Saturday during the weekend of this event. Bruce Fulper used to come all the way out from California and put the whole thing on in conjunction with the TA nats. He did it for 10 years straight?? (if my memory is correct) but a car wreck on the way home,,,,coupled with the lack of support from the TA nats (can't go into detail here and don't want to ruin the thread) Bruce decided it was best not to waste his time with it anymore.

    Ever since there has been no Pontiac drag racing, and not much interest from the club in general to put something on either. From that point on I quit going to the TA nats. I can't do the lawn chair nationals without a little action mixed in. So I simply took my weekend off for the TriPower Nats in Norwalk instead.

  16. #16
    024mula 024mula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    57
    Posts
    680

    silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yep, they used to have "All Pontiac" drag racing at KilKare on Saturday during the weekend of this event. Bruce Fulper used to come all the way out from California and put the whole thing on in conjunction with the TA nats. He did it for 10 years straight?? (if my memory is correct) but a car wreck on the way home,,,,coupled with the lack of support from the TA nats (can't go into detail here and don't want to ruin the thread) Bruce decided it was best not to waste his time with it anymore.

    Ever since there has been no Pontiac drag racing, and not much interest from the club in general to put something on either. From that point on I quit going to the TA nats. I can't do the lawn chair nationals without a little action mixed in. So I simply took my weekend off for the TriPower Nats in Norwalk instead.
    I agree with you I also quit going to th TA Nats because its the same every year (the people are nice). There are no dyno tests, no new vendors, etc.

  17. #17
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I agree with you I also quit going to th TA Nats because its the same every year (the people are nice). There are no dyno tests, no new vendors, etc.
    You are exactly right, I liked the people, and they need something to spice it up. A portable dyno brought in would be a nice addition.
    That's exactly what the Tri-power Nats do, and it's busy all day despite all the drag racing too. Here's mine on there.


    For $60 you get a pull along with a wideband reading. I can't imagine the money this guy brought in over a 3 day period, non stop. My father was on there twice with his car

    Something like this would be nice for the TA nats if they aren't going to bother with the drags anymore.

  18. #18
    Junior Member timowen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tipp City, Ohio
    Age
    62
    Posts
    64

    Mystic Teal Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

    I can only remember 1 year that there was a dyno at the Nats. Maybe 2005?
    it was a crappy weekend for a dyno too. Kilkare is only about 20 minutes down the road and with enough flyers put in cars on saturday morning you might get a dozen or so guys interested for Saturday night. Of course that's cruise in night in Tipp City. The average age club member putting on the Nats is probably 55+. The shows were much more fun 10 years ago. I think most members are afraid of the racing and dyno thing, liability reasons. Pontiac Tri-Nationals is a better deal.

  19. #19
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by timowen1 View Post
    I can only remember 1 year that there was a dyno at the Nats. Maybe 2005?
    it was a crappy weekend for a dyno too. Kilkare is only about 20 minutes down the road and with enough flyers put in cars on saturday morning you might get a dozen or so guys interested for Saturday night. Of course that's cruise in night in Tipp City. The average age club member putting on the Nats is probably 55+. The shows were much more fun 10 years ago. I think most members are afraid of the racing and dyno thing, liability reasons. Pontiac Tri-Nationals is a better deal.
    I love the Tri-power nats.

    At the TA nats, they used to do the drag racing on Saturday mornings so it didn't interfear with the Tipp city cruise in. I like it because it was done by noon, and allowed us to cruise back over to the show, hang, and get ready for the cruise.
    I'm in that age bracket, and I still love to race my stuff. I'm not afraid to beat the snott out of that ole bird

  20. #20
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    Def going to try to make it out there! Im deploying in March but going to try to get my R&R leave for mid Aug. Hope to see some of you guys there if I can make it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Trans Am Nationals registration form
    By TheSilverSurfer in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 06:26 PM
  2. 2011 Trans Am Nationals
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 12:30 AM
  3. 2011 Trans Am Nationals August 26-28, 2011
    By Young11b in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
  4. 2011 Drag Rules and Registration
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 01:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •