Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

2007 Mustang GT vs 2002 WS6

This is a discussion on 2007 Mustang GT vs 2002 WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Do we have any stock WS6 owners who can tell me if they've had success running against stock Mustang GTs ...

  1. #1
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    2007 Mustang GT vs 2002 WS6

    Do we have any stock WS6 owners who can tell me if they've had success running against stock Mustang GTs in the 2005 to 2008 range?

    My brother-in-law just bought a nice 2007 Mustang GT Premium and will be visiting this weekend so I'd like to know what to expect when he asks to do some comparision runs with me (I live in a rural area).

    I'm concerned about the Mustang's similar power combined with it's lighter weight (coupe vs my vert) and 5 speed AT (compared to my 4sp AT).

    If I'm gonna get beat I'd rather know about it ahead of time so any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    I raced one we were both stock and I have an auto but alas my car is not a ws6

  3. #3
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I raced one we were both stock and I have an auto but alas my car is not a ws6
    So how did you do?

    Your car is very similar so should give me a good idea.

  4. #4
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    So how did you do?

    Your car is very similar so should give me a good idea.
    I was being a smartass
    It was close I got out of the hole first and didn't gain any ground. I think they have better gearing, when you hit 3rd that might end it for you if you haven't gotten ahead of him.
    Get some vht just to better your odds, rub some vegetable oil on his rear tires
    Last edited by c5z28; 01-28-2010 at 12:16 AM.

  5. #5
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I was being a smartass
    It was close I got out of the hole first and didn't gain any ground. I think they have better gearing, when you hit 3rd that might end it for you if you haven't gotten ahead of him.
    Get some vht just to better your odds, rub some vegetable oil on his rear tires
    Ah, yes, I'll tell him I'm putting some super tire-shine on his new car for him.

  6. #6
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    your WS6 should win the race.

  7. #7
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    it'll be close 0-60 with you pulling away after.

    btw your car was underrated, it actually has 350hp

  8. #8
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    2010 stock GT: 315hp 3533lbs

    1998-2002 Z28 mild mods(if any) 350hp <3500lbs

    torque aside (which the camaro obviously has more of with 1.1 more liters) we still win hp:weight ratios, unless hes small and your a fat ass

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    2010 stock GT: 315hp 3533lbs

    1998-2002 Z28 mild mods(if any) 350hp <3500lbs

    torque aside (which the camaro obviously has more of with 1.1 more liters) we still win hp:weight ratios, unless hes small and your a fat ass
    That seems alittle heavy for the stang. Thought they were a tag under 3400?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    That seems alittle heavy for the stang. Thought they were a tag under 3400?
    Depends on alot of things like it does with f-bodys but my friends 07 manual stang gt was 33XX something. Both cars are close in weight the f-body has more power. The f-body should win but it is a drivers race if both cars are manual. One mistake form either side can determine the race

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Depends on alot of things like it does with f-bodys but my friends 07 manual stang gt was 33XX something. Both cars are close in weight the f-body has more power. The f-body should win but it is a drivers race if both cars are manual. One mistake form either side can determine the race
    True.

    Average stats for both cars are roughly...

    TA:
    0-60: 4.9-5.2
    1/4: 13.1-13.4 @105-107
    Top speed: 160-165

    Stang:
    0-60: 5.1-5.4
    1/4: 13.5-13.8@102-104
    Top speed: 150-155

  12. #12
    Member Dann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edinburg Tx
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131

    maple red
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    True.

    Average stats for both cars are roughly...

    TA:
    0-60: 4.9-5.2
    1/4: 13.1-13.4 @105-107
    Top speed: 160-165

    Stang:
    0-60: 5.1-5.4
    1/4: 13.5-13.8@102-104
    Top speed: 150-155
    Oh nice,

    Its pretty clears whos the winner

  13. #13
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    gt weight 3483
    t/a vert weight 3605
    diff is 122lbs
    and my a4 stock was doing 13.4 with 3.23 (gu5) if you have gu3 (2.73) knock off .2 off that .et. (look on your driver door and find out)
    You better race him and post results because I don't see a clear victory here like everyone else does.

  14. #14
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    based on my experience, you get him early, and its all over. You get behind, and you are gonna need some ground to catch him, but you will. If he doesnt call it off first.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

  15. #15
    Will Rev for Beer 02 WS6 TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,177

    Yes.
    bunch of them

    Ridiculous question, you'll win easily. Hell, a 2.73 geared A4 will still spank a 05-10 4.6 GT.

  16. #16
    Just a farmboy V8MUSCLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Montpelier, VA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    518

    Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    if he just picked up the mustang i wouldnt worry. ive driven lots of manuals, but each car is a little different. doesnt really matter for daily driving, but in a race when everything counts it will. you should be able to easily take him, if you have any doubts just practice coming off the line a little, thats where the race will most likely be won.

  17. #17
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
    Ridiculous question, you'll win easily. Hell, a 2.73 geared A4 will still spank a 05-10 4.6 GT.
    even when the gt's are running 13.6's huh?

  18. #18
    Member jagfan93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    159

    Yellow
    02 CETA#732

    Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
    Ridiculous question, you'll win easily. Hell, a 2.73 geared A4 will still spank a 05-10 4.6 GT.
    Well I don't have any mods so it seemed unlikely I'd be able to absolutely 'spank' his car, plus he's such a lousy winner and a sore loser (inlaws ) that I wanted to know what to expect.

    Thanks everyone for the great input, it appears that everyone's spec data is supported with practical experiences from az gt eater & c5z28.

    Wife & I enjoy cruising the car so we don't race much, but I'd sure like to beat his GT since I'll have to listen to his BS mouth either way anyway.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Do you have the performsnce axle option ?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by jagfan93 View Post
    Well I don't have any mods so it seemed unlikely I'd be able to absolutely 'spank' his car, plus he's such a lousy winner and a sore loser (inlaws ) that I wanted to know what to expect.

    Thanks everyone for the great input, it appears that everyone's spec data is supported with practical experiences from az gt eater & c5z28.

    Wife & I enjoy cruising the car so we don't race much, but I'd sure like to beat his GT since I'll have to listen to his BS mouth either way anyway.
    That's even better. Beat him, then listen to the excuses flow!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 Mustang gt/cs
    By ONEslowLS1 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:33 AM
  2. 2002 mustang gt vs 2002 camaro
    By jrea42 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 07:07 AM
  3. Adam and his 2007 Mustang GT / CS...
    By Elimin8tor Z28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 09:14 PM
  4. 2007 Mustang GT lol
    By jrc1122 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
  5. 2007 Mustang GT
    By Danger731 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 07:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •