Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2002 ws6 collectors edition or 2002 ws6 convertible

This is a discussion on 2002 ws6 collectors edition or 2002 ws6 convertible within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a 02 vert ws6 manual and there were less of those built than the ceta verts so just ...

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I have a 02 vert ws6 manual and there were less of those built than the ceta verts so just my 2 cents (by they way its for sale)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    I have a 02 vert ws6 manual and there were less of those built than the ceta verts so just my 2 cents (by they way its for sale)

there were in fact more M6 WS6 'verts built in 2002 than were CETA M6 'verts, (1,176 2002 WS6 verts had M6 - 554 'vert CETAs with M6 (all of which are WS6 as well) = 622) but I would be willing to bet that there are far more M6 CETAs that are in one peice today considering they are generally seldom driven.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    there were in fact more M6 WS6 'verts built in 2002 than were CETA M6 'verts, (1,176 2002 WS6 verts had M6 - 554 'vert CETAs with M6 (all of which are WS6 as well) = 622) but I would be willing to bet that there are far more M6 CETAs that are in one peice today considering they are generally seldom driven.
    I do belive that their was only 72 or fewer pewter ws6 manual verts made witch a ceta is just paint wheels and badges.

2002 CETA Convertible M6

"I do belive that their was only 72 or fewer pewter ws6 manual verts made witch a ceta is just paint wheels and badges."

...and headrests, trophy mat, floor mats and documentation - and it was the Daytona 500 pace car in 2002 - and the CETA convertibles were the parade cars at California.

...and if CETAs are "just" paint, wheels and badges - what the heck are Pewter 'verts?

Just paint.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by ceta4zng View Post
    "I do belive that their was only 72 or fewer pewter ws6 manual verts made witch a ceta is just paint wheels and badges."

...and headrests, trophy mat, floor mats and documentation - and it was the Daytona 500 pace car in 2002 - and the CETA convertibles were the parade cars at California.

...and if CETAs are "just" paint, wheels and badges - what the heck are Pewter 'verts?

Just paint.
    Yes just paint!!

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

CETA all day every day. I've only ever see one in person. And T-tops are more than enough for me, I do not desire an open top. Plus I like the look of a hardtop so much more. And that yellow

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My 2002 35th LE Camaro SS is also just decals, badges, custom interior, custom wheels, Camaro Berger panel inserts, floor mats, trophy mat, and documentation. In the end, a car is a car.

If you're looking to own it to some day turn around and sell it for a profit when it actually becomes more of a collectible, then get the CETA and plan on keeping it ALL ORIGINAL and LOW MILES. Doesn't sound like this is an option for you if this is going to be your DD.

I personally would never own a vert. Mainly because of my location and weather. I think t-tops are a great substitute and I am also a big fan of still having that somewhat "hard top" look. However, you live in Miami where it's a lot warmer more of the year.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ceta4zng View Post

Just paint.
    Indeed. Just paint. But it doesn't change the fact that there are fewer Pewter WS6 'verts built in '02 than yellow WS6 'verts.

But will the increased rarity of the pewter paint make a pewter 'vert hold its value better than a yellow one? No. All of the other aforementioned extras that come w/ the yellow paint will certainly more than offset the rarity factor of the pewter paint and result in slower depreciation over the years.

But this example illustrates why I never believed paint color should really play into a car's "rarity factor", at least for the purposes of estimating depreciation rates or resale values. Only in extremely rare examples (such as the one-year purple and gold WS6s) should the rarity of a paint color weigh heavily into the value of a car. A commemorative edition (such as a 30th and CETA), despite higher production volume, will easily out-weigh the paint rarity factor.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Im not trying to make it sound like my car is more valuable or more rare I was just trying to point out he would have more fun with a none ceta.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Indeed. Just paint. But it doesn't change the fact that there are fewer Pewter WS6 'verts built in '02 than yellow WS6 'verts.

But will the increased rarity of the pewter paint make a pewter 'vert hold its value better than a yellow one? No. All of the other aforementioned extras that come w/ the yellow paint will certainly more than offset the rarity factor of the pewter paint and result in slower depreciation over the years.

But this example illustrates why I never believed paint color should really play into a car's "rarity factor", at least for the purposes of estimating depreciation rates or resale values. Only in extremely rare examples (such as the one-year purple and gold WS6s) should the rarity of a paint color weigh heavily into the value of a car. A commemorative edition (such as a 30th and CETA), despite higher production volume, will easily out-weigh the paint rarity factor.
    as always, thank you.

black
    2002 camaro

i think you should go with what you like,,, your driving it. both are very nice cars... for me, i would buy the black vert. the yellow does not look as good. coupe or vert!!

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

I personally think you should buy my SOM '02 M6 Non-T/C 'vert. There were only 30 made in this color combo. It would look awesome cruisin' around down by the beaches with the top down. The SOM doesn't let the car get TOO hot in the sun, ( even though it has the black interior) but all you have to do is hit the "loud pedal" and enjoy the breeze through your hair (?). Ain't nothing better than a 'vert.

2002 CETA m6

Coming from a ceta owner, its a hate/love relationship when it comes to the color scheme. People will either tell you how beautiful the car is or that syle of yellow is pale and gross. Ive always liked it, so therefore i bought one.

Where ever you travel in a ceta you will get noticed, thats for damn sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information