black
    1997 trans am ws6

2002 trans am worth the asking price ?

hello guys,,i sold my 1997 trans am ws6, i found this one for sale and wanted to get you guys thoughts about the price, i emailed them and ask a few questions like are the miles a gurantee,and if they could verify it has never had any damage ever, and has the car lived a southern life, i am waitng to hear back from them,, any thoughts you guys would share would be wonderful,, i tried to paste a link to the add if it dont work i will try another link,, thank you,,,james

TRANS AM T-TOP low mileage 2002

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

While it does appear to be a nice Trans Am in one of my favorite colors (Maple Red Metallic) I very much doubt that the car is a WS6 for several reasons: wrong wheels for 2002 WS6, aftermarket WS6 hood (scoops do not have the line like originals), no WS6 badging on rear, WS6 was not available in Maple Red Metallic color. Even if the car is not a WS6, in my opinion the price isn't totally out of line but should be able to be negotiated more towards 10K or even a bit less. Check inside the drivers door for the WS6 option code, then negotiate your best deal. As to the history, get a Car Fax report to ensure that the car mileage is consistent and that the car was not in a major accident or salvaged previously. Not 100% guarantee but better than taking the seller's word for the history. Also definitely have a mechanic check the health of the engine, trans, and rear. Well worth spending a couple hundred here than regretting it a week from now.

Good luck!
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Its a WS9 with a dealer upgraded hood. Says so in the description. Good eyes on spotting the clues. Seems like a lot of money. Do you plan on any mods? If so, you can get alot of mods on a car for that money. I mean you can buy one already partly or fully modded. If I could go back, that is what I would do. For the money I spent, I could get one already DONE.

Black
    79 Trans Am

Looks like a 10k car to me

black
    1997 trans am ws6

thank you guys for your input,, you confirmed a few things that i spoted also,,,,i got an email back from the dealer and he says it had very light damage to the drivers door area,,had that fixed and hood painted due to the paint "peeling" and the front clip painted due to "scuffs",,,he was pretty set on his price,,,i think i am going to look around some more before commiting,,,, thank you again for your guys help,,,,, james

White
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Am I the only one that noticed that the wheels are different one side to another???

Also, I picked up a 2001 WS6 with 44000 miles on it for less than that last June, so that should answer your question in regards to the pricing.
    Last edited by Furious1; 08-25-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Looks like v6 wheels on drivers side and ta wheels on pass side atleast what I can see on my phone
    98 Z/28 Ttop M6 320C SLP lid--PMT LCA/PRB--UMI SFCs--LTs/ORY--SkipShiftElim--Pro5.0w/UMIshortstick--4.10s--D/Sfrontrotors--Whistler--BilletGrille--SSspoiler

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

[QUOTE=1997 ws6;2798993]hello guys,,i sold my 1997 trans am ws6, i found this one for sale and wanted to get you guys thoughts about the price, i emailed them and ask a few questions like are the miles a gurantee,and if they could verify it has never had any damage ever, and has the car lived a southern life, i am waitng to hear back from them,, any thoughts you guys would share would be wonderful,, i tried to paste a link to the add if it dont work i will try another link,, thank you,,,james

I agree that you should ask for a copy of CarFax. It's possible that great appearance is due to having more hits than this website. Check out how many owners. The exhaust tips don't look like any stock ones I have seen. (although they look good) Once I hear that "this and that" have been redone and someone has mismatched the wheels I get nervous. It's one hell of a looker and IMO the color is perfect for the car. Just make them your best offer and have them get back to you if it stays in their inventory past 45 days. I retired from that type of business and the people who waited it out, and if it wasn't sold in 45 days, usually got a great deal. A lot of car dealers have a 45 day rule. If not sold in that time frame then it goes to the auction. The theory is that your first loss is your cheapest and holding it longer doesn't make sense because the market can change. (it always does) Get a fresh unit on the front line and give everyone the impression that you sell everything you offer. The public driving by every day or viewing it every day via internet recognize the stuff that gets stale. Good luck and good hunting.

Thread Information