Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Question 2001 TA with LS6, what would it run in the quarter?

Hello,

I have a 2001 Trans Am with the following mods, what do cars with the type of mods I have run in the quarter mile? I would like to take it to the strip but cant find anything around here.

LS6 short block balanced blueprinted
    CNC ported heads by Total Engine Airflow
    2.02 intake/1.55 exhaust 63 cc chambers, 10.5 compression
    #36 bosch injectors
    85mm LS6 MAF sensor
    LS6 intake
    1 7/8 long tube headers, high flow Y pipe, Corsa cat back
    Comp Cams 224/228 duration 581 lift
    Ram air with all the mods
    HP tuners software
    and a few other things I don't remember off hand, its never been dynoed.
    think its putting out 450 HP or more?

Yank 3600 stall
    3.73 gears
    315/35ZR17 rear tires

Would it run in the 12's?

Awaiting Activation
    NO WAY!! most likley mid 11's.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

youre gonna be around 400-420 rwhp and mid 11s if you can hook out of the hole.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black
    01 WS6

low 12's, high 11's...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy26
    Hello,

I have a 2001 Trans Am with the following mods, what do cars with the type of mods I have run in the quarter mile? I would like to take it to the strip but cant find anything around here.

#36 bosch injectors
    85mm LS6 MAF sensor
    LS6 intake
    HP tuners software

Yank 3600 stall
    3.73 gears
    315/35ZR17 rear tires

Look into the Gtech Pro, the only setup required is entering proper race weight so go get the car weighed. It will then calculate force, time, distance for you. When setup right they're dead on and at most a tenth off. Helps with practicing and showing 60' 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. The HP Numbers it throws out always seem to be under what I pulled on the dyno by as much as 50. I like mine and recommend it if you don't have a track near you but have open road.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Id say even more like low 11's with that stall. If it was an m-6 car id say mid 11's but that stall is going to keep you in that power band alot longer than a manual car. If you have the proper suspension mods and good driving skills you could be in the low 11's easily.

Awaiting Activation
    true tru, it all comes down to how the car is driven. If you dont spin out ull see mid to low11's. Track elevation and conditions play a big role to. 400 horses at the rear wheels dont mean shit if you cant put em on the pavement.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

That car has alot more than 400 horses. Maybe 400 HP if it was a stock ls1 with a head/cam package. If you noticed its an LS6 with a prety agressive cam. You can tell by the injector size that it is running atleast 450+ otherwise thouse would not have been chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    That car has alot more than 400 horses. Maybe 400 HP if it was a stock ls1 with a head/cam package. If you noticed its an LS6 with a prety agressive cam. You can tell by the injector size that it is running atleast 450+ otherwise thouse would not have been chosen.
    the only difference between ls1 and ls6's that makes power is the heads and cam.. he went aftermarket anyway, but yes it's ballanced and blueprinted so it will push 450 rwhp easy. i also wouldn't consider that cam "very" aggressive, reserve that term for something with 240/240. The headers are also too big for stock cubes which could hurt the overall number along with the converter and gears

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Yea I have lots of open road up here, its all farmland, thought about getting the Gtech just didnt think it would be that accurate, maybe I will give it a try.

The car scares me sometimes, if the tires are not warmed up it goes wide open spinning at 50 mph in second gear, first gear is a joke anytime I try hitting it in first, its bouncing off the rev limiter before the pedal even hits the floor.

Any way to adjust the traction control on those cars? it kinda keeps the tires from spinning but they still start to break loose then the car does a nose dive like I shut the key off, then it takes off again, it repeats about 6 times through 1st and 2nd gears. the way it runs with the TC on a mustang would beat me to 60mph.

Anyone live near Houghton Lake, Gladwin, or Westbranch MI? It would be fun to find a few cars to run.

im making some video in the next few days, will make some clips to post.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Yea I have lots of open road up here, its all farmland, thought about getting the Gtech just didnt think it would be that accurate, maybe I will give it a try.

The car scares me sometimes, if the tires are not warmed up it goes wide open spinning at 50 mph in second gear, first gear is a joke anytime I try hitting it in first, its bouncing off the rev limiter before the pedal even hits the floor.

Any way to adjust the traction control on those cars? it kinda keeps the tires from spinning but they still start to break loose then the car does a nose dive like I shut the key off, then it takes off again, it repeats about 6 times through 1st and 2nd gears. the way it runs with the TC on a mustang would beat me to 60mph.

Anyone live near Houghton Lake, Gladwin, or Westbranch MI? It would be fun to find a few cars to run.

im making some video in the next few days, will make some clips to post.
    Sounds like you need to invest in some suspension. This is what alot of people forget. Look at some of spohns products. I swear by them. My last car was a bolton A4 with a 3500 stall. Even with a sliping tranny I managed a 12.26 @ 110 mph on a 1.64 60ft. I had a spohn race rear sway bar and their adjustable torque arm. I also had a PA racing tubular K-member and upper A-arms. Hal 8 way adjustable shocks, stock front springs, V-6 stock camaro rear springs, Relocation Brackets, Reinforced control arms, Poly trany mount and 3.73's. Its all about that first 60ft

Sounds like you need to invest in some suspension. This is what alot of people forget. Look at some of spohns products. I swear by them. My last car was a bolton A4 with a 3500 stall. Even with a sliping tranny I managed a 12.26 @ 110 mph on a 1.64 60ft. I had a spohn race rear sway bar and their adjustable torque arm. I also had a PA racing tubular K-member and upper A-arms. Hal 8 way adjustable shocks, stock front springs, V-6 stock camaro rear springs, Relocation Brackets, Reinforced control arms, Poly trany mount and 3.73's. Its all about that first 60ft
    Good point, I wouldn't be in the low 11s without getting it to the ground

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

hehe, he sounds like me. I have a balanced and blueprinted LS6 with Stage 2 heads and a TR 230 cam. The only thing is, my LS6 is forged with Mahle pistons, carillo rods, stock displacement, lower compression, 9 total for a supercharger. Right now with this setup, I push 500 rwhp on an M6 and run low 11's

Black
    2002 Z28

Did you drive on Ryan Road earlier today, in Warren? I think I saw your car.

Hello,

#36 bosch injectors
    85mm LS6 MAF sensor
    LS6 intake
    HP tuners software

Yank 3600 stall
    3.73 gears
    315/35ZR17 rear tires

Low 11's ez depending on your Altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    the only difference between ls1 and ls6's that makes power is the heads and cam.. he went aftermarket anyway, but yes it's ballanced and blueprinted so it will push 450 rwhp easy. i also wouldn't consider that cam "very" aggressive, reserve that term for something with 240/240. The headers are also too big for stock cubes which could hurt the overall number along with the converter and gears
    That cam has my cam only LS1 running 11's easily and makes 530 HP with AFR heads. The cam is fine..Trust me!

Id say even more like low 11's with that stall. If it was an m-6 car id say mid 11's but that stall is going to keep you in that power band alot longer than a manual car. If you have the proper suspension mods and good driving skills you could be in the low 11's easily.

I have finally came upon someone on this site I can completely agree with.

Like he said, Suspension is important and if you can hook up low 11's wont be a problem. Id say 10's are possible if you can get it off the line good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    I have finally came upon someone on this site I can completely agree with.

Like he said, Suspension is important and if you can hook up low 11's wont be a problem. Id say 10's are possible if you can get it off the line good enough.
    he'll need stickies and weight reduction to dream about the 10s

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    he'll need stickies and weight reduction to dream about the 10s
    Not with heads. Suspension, yes. Weight reduction would help but he still may be able to get there.Not completely out of the question.

Im at full weight with 3:73's,M6 with only a cam. I can pull mid 11's with a 12 bolt. I have completely stock heads and run high 11's with my crappy 10 bolt and 1.78 sixty.

Its been done.
    Last edited by robb4964; 04-03-2006 at 08:49 PM.

http://www.geocities.com/wilwaxu/about.html?20064

Heres on of many.

There are guys hitting 10's cam only.

Thread Information