Results 1 to 10 of 10

2000 WS6 Daily Driver

This is a discussion on 2000 WS6 Daily Driver within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I bought a stock 2000 WS6 last Fall to use as my daily driver (in good weather), and I am ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Age
    33
    Posts
    33

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    2000 WS6 Daily Driver

    I bought a stock 2000 WS6 last Fall to use as my daily driver (in good weather), and I am looking for some tips to keep it in good condition. I'm not necessarliy looking to increase performance. I just want to know of any upgrades, mods or general advice that may extend the life of the car.

    I just replaced the window motors, so I thought I'd see if there is anything else I can do before Spring hits.

  2. #2
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    when it comes time to replace the clutch-be sure to upgrade your master/slave cylinder too. Then send a to GM's hydrolics dept for fucking that one up.

    consider upgrading the shocks for a better ride quality. Low end: Bilsteins. High end: Koni's.

    The interior window panels are prone to crack about 4" from the rear. There is an article around here somewhere that explains how to fix or prevent that. try a search-it's probably in the apperance section.

    oh, and buy a bunch of custom car emblems from third_shift|studios LOL!

    I mean, these cars are pretty stout-it's difficult to prevent minor things that everyone has been affected by. The CD player's clock will fade, the speakers will blow, the headlight motor will strip its gears. If you're like me, you'll lose a t-top or two on the road!


    Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

  3. #3
    Super Fast Nosws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    51

    Black
    2001 Trans Am Ws6

    Dude, that is the first time that i have heard about the crack, but I have the exact same thing...didn't know it was all that common. Definitely have lost a t-top on the road...lucky no one was behind me. Pretty sure the thermostat will go at some point as well.

  4. #4
    The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51

    Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    when it comes time to replace the clutch-be sure to upgrade your master/slave cylinder too. Then send a to GM's hydrolics dept for fucking that one up.

    consider upgrading the shocks for a better ride quality. Low end: Bilsteins. High end: Koni's.

    The interior window panels are prone to crack about 4" from the rear. There is an article around here somewhere that explains how to fix or prevent that. try a search-it's probably in the apperance section.

    oh, and buy a bunch of custom car emblems from third_shift|studios LOL!

    I mean, these cars are pretty stout-it's difficult to prevent minor things that everyone has been affected by. The CD player's clock will fade, the speakers will blow, the headlight motor will strip its gears. If you're like me, you'll lose a t-top or two on the road!

    Lol Thats crazy.

  5. #5
    Junior Member 98warbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gulfport Ms
    Posts
    49

    artic white
    1998 Formula

    That damn dash crack for us guys down south

  6. #6
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    proper oil changes, change spark plugs, wires, trans fluid/diff fluid change..bottle of chevron fuel inj. cleane here and there

  7. #7
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosws6 View Post
    Dude, that is the first time that i have heard about the crack, but I have the exact same thing...didn't know it was all that common. Definitely have lost a t-top on the road...lucky no one was behind me. Pretty sure the thermostat will go at some point as well.
    how did you guys lose t-tops? did you forget to lock them in?

  8. #8
    Member Since 1998 Mecinoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Livermore, Ca.
    Posts
    498
    '98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

    If you really want to keep your car from fading and door dings. Put a car cover on it when you are away for extended period. Like when your in the office. I know it not popular. It only takes 30 seconds to install and 45 seconds to roll back up and throw in the hatch. But, I'm positive it has saved my dash and paint over the past 10 years. My paint looks like new. It also helps if you wax your car every 6 months or so.

    Of course the normal stuff, check air in tires, oils(all), air filter, fuel filter, water, brake fluid, lube latches/locks, lube head light gears, and clutch fluid regularly. If you like me you just end up changing the clutch fluid once a year with Hi Temp.

    And of course use top grade gas.... clean the injectors every couple of years with an extra bottle of injection cleaner.

    I use synthetic oils whenever I can .... Some say the tranny doesn't work as well with it ... But, it seems to shift better for me.

    That's all the major stuff ...

  9. #9
    Super Fast Nosws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    51

    Black
    2001 Trans Am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    how did you guys lose t-tops? did you forget to lock them in?

    No, I had mine locked in and the windows up, but I went over a dam on a windy day (~80 mph), started hearing a whistling sound above my window next to my t-top and all of the sudden it just popped out of the lock position and started flapping. I tried to hold on to it till i could slow down, then it just flew off and shattered into a thousand pieces on the road.

    Good thing that they are easy to find. Picked one up at a salvage yard from a 97 camaro for about $150 (exact match).

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    411

    Red
    2001 Trans Am

    make sure you keep up with oil changes, flush the radiator fluid, change spark plugs when needed, air filters, fuel filters, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My new to me daily driver
    By 98TransAmWs-6 in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 12:55 AM
  3. New Daily Driver
    By Nightmare00 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
  4. My EB C5 and My Daily Driver
    By MacGyver in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 07:49 AM
  5. Low 10 second daily driver street 2000 Camaro for sale...
    By SDB in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •