Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

2 Question TC and Sway bar

I just change my transmission oil last fall should I change the oil again with the new Yank SS3200 and should I use different oil and filter???

I ahve a Trans am and people tell me that the WS6 has the same sway bar in the front but bigger in the back so I bought a Suspension Technic rear sway bar but I didn't buy the front so should I buy front sway bar or buy LCA as I bought the phb already and sfc but I was told that the lca where ok on our car I noticed that the UMI was only $99 on the LCA but the front sway bar is 2 bills !!!!

Thanks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

how many miles on the fluid and filter? If it's really low miles I'd probably not swap fluid and filter. The other side of the arguement is to swap it out and have a fresh starting point with the stall but I'm not sure I'd do that if it's pretty much new fluid/filter anyhow. Don't forget to add a cooler and don't forget to add fluid to account for the cooler.
    I would (and did) do LCA's instead of sway bars but I have no plans or desire to make left/right turns......I'm more of a straightline kinda person. If you like to race auto x or something like that then do the sway bars. Otherwise do the LCA's.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

When you changed the fluid last time, did you get all of the old fluid out of the old system? Completely out of the torque convertor, etc? That's where my concern would be, b/c now you don't have 100% new fluid, so my vote would be to get new fluid and filter. Like Orion said, start of fresh.

I'd keep sway bars low on my priotrity list (at least as far as suspension mods go) and go with the LCA's, since a budget seems to be in place.

Black

Thanks guys

I have the rear sway bar right now anyway so I'll install it and I'll order the lca Monday what is the $179 by UMI with the Roto joints combination vs the $99 with reg bushings any thoughts on that I also have PHB SFC in the garage now not installed so it should be a nice combination and change Money is flying out the door lol but since I'm doing all the swaps on the suspemsion mught as well do it right

Black

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    When you changed the fluid last time, did you get all of the old fluid out of the old system? Completely out of the torque convertor, etc? That's where my concern would be, b/c now you don't have 100% new fluid, so my vote would be to get new fluid and filter. Like Orion said, start of fresh.

I'd keep sway bars low on my priotrity list (at least as far as suspension mods go) and go with the LCA's, since a budget seems to be in place.
    Yep I will do all new fluids and filter I bought 4 grand worth of parts this winter can't start cutting on oil now :-) Good point

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

As I mentioned in your other thread, the front and rear sway bars work in unison. Changing just one will not give you the full benefit.

As far as what priority they should be, it depends on what you are doing with your car, as mentioned by the other guys.

My car is geared towards street use and track use. I have replaced the majority of my suspension components EXCEPT the sway bars since I mostly do straight-line driving.

Black

Super

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    As I mentioned in your other thread, the front and rear sway bars work in unison. Changing just one will not give you the full benefit.

As far as what priority they should be, it depends on what you are doing with your car, as mentioned by the other guys.

My car is geared towards street use and track use. I have replaced the majority of my suspension components EXCEPT the sway bars since I mostly do straight-line driving.
    Thanks again for all your help I sold the sway bar that I had for the rear and ordered the UMI LCA and relocation bracket might as well do it right Now mu TA is a non WS6

My buddy changed his front and back sway bar off his WS6 when he had 20 000 miles and would sell it to me for $100 do I need front and back or just back I was told that the non WS6 has the same front bar as mine????

And thanks again for all you answeres and patience I just want to build it right for what I do and that is staright line :-)

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That's a good question. I thought the sway bars were larger on the WS6, but I am not 100% sure if they both were or not.

Someone else will chime in that knows for sure.

It's good to ask questions. I'm a huge fan of reading and learning before hoping into something. I think you'll be happy with the LCA's and relocation brackets. They really help with traction.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You get a 1le front sway bar (32mm) and the rear is the same as the rest of us. I felt a seat of the pants difference when changing my front sway bar, didn't feel one with the lca's (doesn't make them less important). If you like corner carving get sway bars, and hollow if you can.
    Last edited by c5z28; 03-21-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Black

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You get a 1le front sway bar (32mm) and the rear is the same as the rest of us. I felt a seat of the pants difference when changing my front sway bar, didn't feel one with the lca's (doesn't make them less important). If you like corner carving get sway bars, and hollow if you can.
    So the front is 32mm now on mine I think and back is 18mm right and on a WS6 the front is 32mm and the back is 22mm or so I thought

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Nope you don't have a 21,21.5, or 22 rear. Only difference from the rest of us is your front.

Black

You are absolutely right :-)

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Nope you don't have a 21,21.5, or 22 rear. Only difference from the rest of us is your front.
    Yep you are right front it is lol thanks

Thread Information