Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1st gear sideways!

This is a discussion on 1st gear sideways! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Good vids Luos. I'm gonna have to check some more out. The "LSX in action" is great also. I rolled ...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Good vids Luos. I'm gonna have to check some more out. The "LSX in action" is great also. I rolled on the floor when the T/A sneezed on that ricer. Gotta love nitrous out the nostrils.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

When I am pulling out from a sidestreet onto a busy street, I love punching it in first, turning sharp and just whipping the back end as far out as I can. The looks on people's faces is priceless. And it only gets better when it rains! Carry a spinout from stoplights through third!

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Fat V8 torque curve + MT (no sloppy TC) + NO "throttle-by-wire" + "all motor" (no boost) = INSTANT throttle response. Gotta love it. People freak when I take off easy in 1st (sparing the clutch) and rolling out even w/ their nose, then punch it w/ ASR off and roast the tires all the way through first gear fishtailing all the way. Not too hard to bang 2nd before the tires catch traction at the top of 1st and roast them all the way through 2nd fishtailing as well.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

black
    2002 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    When i had my Mustang and i had girls in the car i used to ride 2nd gear out really long and keep tapping the gas, the car would jump and jerk so bad. The one girl hit her head on the back of my passenger seat. Hahaha it was great. But i really cant do that in the Trans Am cus its an A4. I miss driving stick so much..
    haha...come by u and her had is jerking back and forth...

haha...never bad

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

sometimes grip sux..DAMN YOU KUMHOS!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Coming to a red light in my 240 can be intimidating when looking back and all you see is

Came up on a Turbo Honda Civic, we were turning left onto a 4 lane hwy. He Revved at me so I inched closer to his bumper, Light turns green he punches it and burns the front tires, Im setting back giggling he gets out of it so he can turn and I punch it banging gears, Hit second and set the drivers side headlight right against his passenger door as im staring at him through my windshield just playing with the kid completely sideways, it is a 240 and thats how we roll!!!!, by this time im in 3rd so I bring the rear end back and scoot within 1ft of his door look over give him the peace sign and was gone!!!!! That moment in my book = Priceless........

Im still building my T/A Hope it is as fun, Not sure how sideways you can get a T/A without it coming around on ya but in my 240 I have held a ton of 80+ Degree Drifts at over 45MPH. The Ditchlines are the limits HAHA!!!!

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

your one sick puppy

Black
    99 Trans am Convertible

i love how i can burn out through 3rd gear

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Haha there were two guys in this brown RSX with loud exhaust in Jacksonville one day at the intersection with me (both of us waiting for light to turn to turn left) and they were revving at me and floored it when the light turned. I stomped it and went past them whipping it sideways (as was mentioned in the original post) and jerked it back straight out of the turn. I stayed below the speed limit and let them drive past - they were staring at me mouths partly open and eyes wide. Funny as crap!
    Ha ha! They had never seen RWD before!!!!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

[QUOTE=Smkn_TA;1110279]When I am pulling out from a sidestreet onto a busy street, I love punching it in first, turning sharp and just whipping the back end as far out as I can. The looks on people's faces is priceless. And it only gets better when it rains! Carry a spinout from stoplights through third![/QUOTE]

Now now, don't be a rain racer!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Coming to a red light in my 240 can be intimidating when looking back and all you see is
    Click for full size

Came up on a Turbo Honda Civic, we were turning left onto a 4 lane hwy. He Revved at me so I inched closer to his bumper, Light turns green he punches it and burns the front tires, Im setting back giggling he gets out of it so he can turn and I punch it banging gears, Hit second and set the drivers side headlight right against his passenger door as im staring at him through my windshield just playing with the kid completely sideways, it is a 240 and thats how we roll!!!!, by this time im in 3rd so I bring the rear end back and scoot within 1ft of his door look over give him the peace sign and was gone!!!!! That moment in my book = Priceless........

Im still building my T/A Hope it is as fun, Not sure how sideways you can get a T/A without it coming around on ya but in my 240 I have held a ton of 80+ Degree Drifts at over 45MPH. The Ditchlines are the limits HAHA!!!!
    Nice car. FWD sucks for the Honda! Oh yeah, I've found the ditchlines myself.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

[QUOTE=Too Fast;1112395]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    When I am pulling out from a sidestreet onto a busy street, I love punching it in first, turning sharp and just whipping the back end as far out as I can. The looks on people's faces is priceless. And it only gets better when it rains! Carry a spinout from stoplights through third![/QUOTE]

Now now, don't be a rain racer!
    I dont allow myself to drive my car in the rain, With the POSI...... It hasnt seen rain in 4 years , I leave the rain trips for my s10!!!!

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I was getting on the highway yesterday, I gunned it down the on ramp. Saw a car with 4 people staring at my car, 2 parents in front, staring in a semi disgust look, the 2 kids in back, staring at it jaws to the floor.
    LMAO! ive seen that same disgusted parent face lol....when i was coming around a turn a mother holding her child gave me that and ran in the house....guess it was the sound, i wasnt speeding lol.....

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

in the mornings on the way to work theres a hill i go up. its been pretty chilly here and with the tires cold ive been noticing the wheels spinning if i get on it going up this hill. on friday i was feeling like i needed to let her rip so i gunned it, in second, up this hill tires spinning most of the way up, still going straight (dont know how) and then i feel the back end start to move sideways and i noticed a school bus coming over the hill. figured that was a good time to ease up and shift.
    damn, i love my car
    '99 Trans Am Pewter M6
    St. Louis, MO
    Mods/upgrades: SLP lid-Longtubes-ORY-LM2 catback, drilled rotors&Hawk pads, MSD wires
    PITA: window motors+regulator, brass gear, DRL sockets X 7
    Soon: clutch, LS6 intake
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I know members here scream about SeaFoam. Many voted for Obama also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information