Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

16 year needs help to decide on wat bolt ons please help me with wisdom

This is a discussion on 16 year needs help to decide on wat bolt ons please help me with wisdom within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yea, if you read my entire post you would know what exhaust to get.. All the more reason to get ...

Silver
    2002 Z28

Yea, if you read my entire post you would know what exhaust to get.. All the more reason to get a cutout because you can close it.

1. I wouldnt judge my decision on a sound clip from here, I doublt too many people are using professional sound equipment, its hard to get a really good impression.

2. You havent done any research if you believe every companys power gains they say.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Also, since you are planning to race this guy, our pushrods tend to bend at 6250RPM, so like everyone said, DONT SHIFT MANUALLY!!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

to put the $$ in perspective...the website that I like is WS6store.com. Check them out, and they have pretty much everything that you will need.

I just spent $1300 on a cam (comp cams 222/224), underdrive pulley kit, pushrods, and lifters. I did all the work myself, so I didnt have to pay the large shop fees.

Free mods are the best...You can make your ram air, thats no big deal. Get a dremmel and cut out the bottom of your intake box. When you life up your lid, you will notice that you could get air flow from the radiator, but dont because of the plastic in the way. Just cut away at that plastic, and you have ram air.

As far as doing stuff youself, LS1howto.com is the best site for that. Thats how I was able to do a cam swap, and replaced the head gaskets with NO problem.

Be carfull when you get into the higher HP, because these things wont stop until they hit 160, (governor) ON A STOCK MOTOR, so you can get up to 140 easy.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Torque Converter and reprogram your shift points. Your buddy in the camaro may have just a converter. It does make a difference

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i got the k and n filter like 2 hours ago and im going to get the lid as well man this things get expensive really fast

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullit1972 View Post
    i got the k and n filter like 2 hours ago and im going to get the lid as well man this things get expensive really fast
    Are you kidding me? Things add up fast after a K&N filter and a lid? Talk to me after headers/ORY/CB/cam swap/Heads/tune/SFC/LCA/.............

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Things add up fast after a K&N filter and a lid? Talk to me after headers/ORY/CB/cam swap/Heads/tune/SFC/LCA/.............
    Yea, I spent $3000 this summer =(

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah this summer im gonna drop about 2 gs under on the car im not sure if im gonna put some nice 18's or all performance last summer i dropped 1500 in the stereo system but it's sound nice two kicker solobarics 2 amps all the door speakers and a diffrent stereo sound nice though

chameleon
    98 T/A

are you people really talking about fuel economy? gimme a break you wanna go fast your gonna burn the gas! end of story..... if your 16 and wanting 425 hp you really need to learn what to do in wet/ dry situations if you want a kick go to a race driving school and learn manuvers, speed acceleration thru corners,slalom, wet braking in curves ect... dont trash that car trying to show off for your friends, respect the hp it will kill you and your freinds.. stick with the stock for a year

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

its alot diffrent in wet weather i dont miss with it on water to f n dangerous

Silver
    2002 Z28

its alot diffrent in wet weather i dont miss with it on water to f n dangerous
    so any pics of the car?

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i have some but i dont know how to put them on

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hmm, Lets see, In my Case from this point,

$1500 Transmission
    $8000 Forged LS6 engine (blew the stocker)
    $4000 JPR S2 Heads and TR 230 Cam
    $4000 Forged 8.5:1 Rotating assembly
    $4000 Suspension
    LCA's
    SFC's
    KYB Adjustable Shocks
    STB
    Solid motor mounts
    Energy Suspension Bushings
    $1500 Exhaust
    $3000 Sound System
    2 10" SOlobarics
    4 6.5 MB Quart component speakers
    2 4" MB Quart
    2" 4 x 6 MB Quarts
    1500 RMS Mono amp
    2 Rockford 2 Channel Amps
    Voodoo 4 farad cap
    Optima Yellow top
    $1700 America Racing TT2's with Nitto 555 R2 Autox for the fronts and BFG DR's for the rear
    $2000 Rearend

There's a shitload more, but you get the basic idea lol.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Oh as far as your pics, click on go advanced, scroll till you can see attachments and attach your pics there and upload them in. Then post

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    are you people really talking about fuel economy? gimme a break you wanna go fast your gonna burn the gas! end of story..... if your 16 and wanting 425 hp you really need to learn what to do in wet/ dry situations if you want a kick go to a race driving school and learn manuvers, speed acceleration thru corners,slalom, wet braking in curves ect... dont trash that car trying to show off for your friends, respect the hp it will kill you and your freinds.. stick with the stock for a year
    agreed, i took that race driving school last year it helped alot because i to bought my WS6 when i was 16, they let you go all out in the cars.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    and dude dont race anywhere where cops may be, because speed equals problems, some guys in a honda swerved infront of me three times so i decided to hit the gas and go around them i went from 30-70 in about 3-4 sec and when i went around them there was a cop, got me for 40 over, 70 in a 35, i just recently went to court for the ticket and got my license suspended for 90 days, so i wont be in the T/A for a while, im now 17 and i made that lame ass mistake when i was 16 and even it wasnt all my fault but i could have made a better decision then just stomping on the gas. Not here to preach just be smart about ur ride.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    your best bet would be to just not race at all, at 16 the LS1 is alot to handle i dont care what anyone says

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

hell I'm 23 and its still a lot to handle. 425hp...on a stock engine these LS1's can do a buck sixty. If you want some mods to do this summer, so the cheap free ones. Maybe put a stereo in. Start small and then as learn what the car can and cant do then start modding. But its up to you bud. Its your car. Just dont do what I did, and do 130 and get merged into. Tore up my entire passenger side. I'll post some pics of it as soon as I can get them.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

By get them I mean take them

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

ok guys let me break it down i got a 2002 Firebird Formula and i was looking for the bolt ons. i want to pull around 425 horses wat should i do first to get more bang for my buck i was thinking of the following items pls reply and let me know.

1. K and N intake
    2. Headers pace setters
    3. custom true dual exhuast with borla mufflers
    4. Hypertect programmer

please let me know wat you guys think i should start of with
    go headers and tune. do not use the hypertech programmer. it makes you run too lean. you will blow a head gasket or burn a hole trough a piston. i had it on my car (HPP III) and got it dyno'd. i took it off my car for the second run and saw gains in both HP and TQ. only benefit to an HPP III to you would be if you had an A4. even then LT's/Y-pipe and a tune would be the best bang for your buck. my .02 cents...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information