Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

16 year needs help to decide on wat bolt ons please help me with wisdom

ok guys let me break it down i got a 2002 Firebird Formula and i was looking for the bolt ons. i want to pull around 425 horses wat should i do first to get more bang for my buck i was thinking of the following items pls reply and let me know.

1. K and N intake
    2. Headers pace setters
    3. custom true dual exhuast with borla mufflers
    4. Hypertect programmer

please let me know wat you guys think i should start of with

Smile

How about you drive it stock skipper. It is fast as they are for a 16 year old. Dont tell me you can handle it eather. Thats what I said and I put mine in a ditch when it was raining comming home from buying it.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

no i know that thier fast as a matter a fact thier very fast but i just wanted to add some horses and i also thought that the k and n would help with the mpg, last but no least there is a friend of mine with a 2001 camaro ss and he always manages to take me so i would like to know wat you guys sugest

Black
    2000 Firehawk

learn how to drive it first. its more than stomping the gas.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i have been driving it for about 5 months and im sure the intake is only gonna add about 5 horses if that so should i go with that first

98T/Aformula
    Alright first of all the only way your going to get 425hp out of it is to drop at least 3000 bucks...AT LEAST...and if your parents are willing to do that for you thats good, i guess, but I was 17 when I bought mine and that was a year ago and I wanted to mod the crap out of mine right away, but I found out it takes lots of time and money, here is what I have done so far being an 18 year old kid only making 10 bucks an hour at my job part time, plus going to school..

1. K&N
    2. SLP Lid
    3. 87mm MAF
    4. SLP cold air induction
    5. Under drive pullies
    6. Bellow
    7. HyperTek CP3, 160*
    Thats just a quick start to get things going, as of right now I just ordered an LS6 intake manifold, and sub frame connectors, hopfully this will help a little bit, good luck. O and try keeping it on the road 16 is very early to be driving this kind of car, hell 18 is way to early to be driving this kind of car..Just be smart and prove ppl wrong.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

which of those upgrades gave you the most power or better fuel milage

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullit1972 View Post
    ok guys let me break it down i got a 2002 Firebird Formula and i was looking for the bolt ons. i want to pull around 425 horses wat should i do first to get more bang for my buck i was thinking of the following items pls reply and let me know.

1. K and N intake
    2. Headers pace setters
    3. custom true dual exhuast with borla mufflers
    4. Hypertect programmer

please let me know wat you guys think i should start of with
    bang for buck huh? Borla will NEVER be the best bang for your buck, to damned expensive, especially true duals. Get a SLP loudmouth. Hypertech blows get a Diablo if you want a handheld tuner. Pacesetter LTs and ORY would be a good setup with the loudmouth. you need the intake just get the filter and an SLP lid.

whole package will net you about 340-350 horsepower.. you need heads/cam or nitrous to make your goal. and dont kill yourself stud

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Alright first of all the only way your going to get 425hp out of it is to drop at least 3000 bucks...AT LEAST...and if your parents are willing to do that for you thats good, i guess, but I was 17 when I bought mine and that was a year ago and I wanted to mod the crap out of mine right away, but I found out it takes lots of time and money, here is what I have done so far being an 18 year old kid only making 10 bucks an hour at my job part time, plus going to school..

1. K&N
    2. SLP Lid
    3. 87mm MAF
    4. SLP cold air induction
    5. Under drive pullies
    6. Bellow
    7. HyperTek CP3, 160*
    Thats just a quick start to get things going, as of right now I just ordered an LS6 intake manifold, and sub frame connectors, hopfully this will help a little bit, good luck. O and try keeping it on the road 16 is very early to be driving this kind of car, hell 18 is way to early to be driving this kind of car..Just be smart and prove ppl wrong.

the MAF is crap, you dont make enough power to need i, keep your stocker
    the bellow is a waste of money but it looks nice.
    and like i said HPP3 sucks donkey balls

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks bro 350 horses is actualy pretty good do you think ill be able to take the svt cobra with that kind of power

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

thanks bro 350 horses is actualy pretty good do you think ill be able to take the svt cobra with that kind of power
    you have to have a strong LS1 to start with to make those numbers but it is possible..

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

its pretty strong i would say how come my friends camaro ss always manages to take my firebird formula is thier any other difference other than the ram air i know he had his transmission rebuilt do you think thats why?

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

its pretty strong i would say how come my friends camaro ss always manages to take my firebird formula is thier any other difference other than the ram air i know he had his transmission rebuilt do you think thats why?
    naw.. it should be close no matter what. are you both autos?

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah thier both autos he has no upgrades both stock i know he was running straight headers due to the fact that his converters were missed up i dont get it they should tie. is traction control better on or off we ran them both on the only thing i know he did was start at 2nd gear and i started at 1

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

both autos? how would he have started in second gear? and the open headers would help..

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah you know how you have drive 3rd 2nd 1st

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

if I remember right for an auto camaro its od d 2 1 no 3, I think only firebirds formulas and trans ams have 3. also if he takes off in 2 in an auto from a dead stop it will still take off in 1st if I'm right like I think I am, then it'll shift to 2nd, but will need to be put in od or d to go to higher gears. Tell your buddy to be careful doing that, because I think those a4s suck because they're fragile. no offense, but I just don't know of them really lasting very long.

and man be careful with your formula, I got a v6 camaro when I was 17 and when people hear camaro and teenager they already have thoughts. All I say is keep it on the road, stay safe, have fun and enjoy it too! believe me, you've got a lot of people bettin against you now. back at home there was this guy who would see me every now and then and every time he saw me he'd say I see you haven't wrapped that car around a tree yet, and I'd look and just kinda grin and think to my self, "cuz I take care of my shit"

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thank bro i know he already missed up his transmission he had it rebuilt and yeah ill try to keep the car on the road thanks bro i appreciate it

he may also have the GU5 option in his auto
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

i dont know i think is was probably the open headers he ran who knows? its faster though

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information