Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

16 year needs help to decide on wat bolt ons please help me with wisdom

This is a discussion on 16 year needs help to decide on wat bolt ons please help me with wisdom within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thanks guys the first mod im going to do is the slp loudmouth exhuast it sounds clean and mean ill ...

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks guys the first mod im going to do is the slp loudmouth exhuast it sounds clean and mean ill let you guys know how it sounds should be on by next friday i just ordered it

2000pontiac6
    I suggest you dont manually shift it that'll screw up the transmission. just race in drive and with traction control off

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

ok ill just leave it in drive then traction control off that whips the car sideways and it takes a long time to take off dont you think? if you say so then it might be better do you by any chance have the slp loudmouth on ur car

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullit1972 View Post
    ok ill just leave it in drive then traction control off that whips the car sideways and it takes a long time to take off dont you think? if you say so then it might be better do you by any chance have the slp loudmouth on ur car
    Alright look, here is my background. I got my 2002 Z28 in 2002, when I was 16. I have had it almost 5 years now (in March it will be). It is an A4. The way you talk about this car makes it clear you should not have it. You kind of remind me of how I was, but I took the time and researched it and spent a lot of time getting to know it. I myself even messed up once, in ice although, and bumped a small tree. Not to expensive to fix, could have been worse.

First off, don't shift it manually. Put it in D and that is all. The transmission is smarter than you, believe me.

The loudmouth is not clean sounding. It is raspy and will drone on the highway. Your best bet is a decent exhaust like hooker for cheap with a good sound. Get an electric cutout so that you can open it when needed and close for every other time.

K&N intake, no. Get a new lid, maybe a K&N filter. Research the free mods. Get a tune, and a Underdrive pulley.

All that put me at a 13.3 @ 105mph with stock everything else.

My auto had 2.73 gears, which yours probably does also. They are not the best, except for gas mileage. It does not have traction control. Stock A4 with those gears really does not whip the car sideways. First off, you cant drive. If you whip it sideways and wonder why it takes awhile to start, sorry, but you are an idiot.

You need to roll into the throttle so you do not burn out, going sideways and just sitting there is bad. Traction control cuts power, which is also bad. You need to learn how to drive and also get some Drag Radials. I wait several years for mods, you will not get 425 at the wheels without aggressive heads and cam.

Be careful.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

ok ill be careful but i do need the exhuast for the sound do u guys agree with slp loudmouth or you guys think it drowns it too

Black
    2000 Firehawk

like i said before learn how to drive then do the research. find out what you like and dont ask everyone for their approval. but ask around for different opinions and help.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah i want to know how the exhuast will sound

Black
    2000 Firehawk

research

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Alright first of all the only way your going to get 425hp out of it is to drop at least 3000 bucks...AT LEAST...and if your parents are willing to do that for you thats good, i guess, but I was 17 when I bought mine and that was a year ago and I wanted to mod the crap out of mine right away, but I found out it takes lots of time and money, here is what I have done so far being an 18 year old kid only making 10 bucks an hour at my job part time, plus going to school..

1. K&N
    2. SLP Lid
    3. 87mm MAF
    4. SLP cold air induction
    5. Under drive pullies
    6. Bellow
    7. HyperTek CP3, 160*
    Thats just a quick start to get things going, as of right now I just ordered an LS6 intake manifold, and sub frame connectors, hopfully this will help a little bit, good luck. O and try keeping it on the road 16 is very early to be driving this kind of car, hell 18 is way to early to be driving this kind of car..Just be smart and prove ppl wrong.
    #3 crap
    #6 crap
    #7 crap
    #2 & #4 you have to pick one or the other, a lid or the CAI kit, can't have both. He already has a LS6 manifold, so that is of no help to him.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah i did do the reasearch i looked at the magnaflows they sound gay i looked at the borla and thats pricey and i looked at bassani and they are pretty price slp says to give 10 horsepower and its sound good on the sound bites

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

yeah i did do the reasearch i looked at the magnaflows they sound gay i looked at the borla and thats pricey and i looked at bassani and they are pretty price slp says to give 10 horsepower and its sound good on the sound bites
    If you plan on doing headers down the line, which you will have to do to reach your hp goal, than the SLP LM will be quite loud and raspy with headers and an ORY. Some like it, some don't. Magnaflow and Hooker systems both flow great and really wake up after header install.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yeah i was gonna do headers i was thinking gibson at first i looked at thier site and they dont have headers for f body so i was thinking pace setter or hooker

loudmouth will drone too much with a A4
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

2009 CTS4 Ice Black

2013 1500 Silverado Z71

02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

slp loudmouths sounded good on clips so thats not the case

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

slp loudmouths sounded good on clips so thats not the case
    What clips? Were they clips with or without headers? LM is a totally diff animal with headers and an ORY on the car, you better like it REAL LOUD and raspy.

ban-one
    hey man check out www.ls1sounds.com they have alot of clips with practically every exhaust made. read the clips though some are lt1's some are corvettes

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks man appreciate it

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

ok Buddy, I'm gonna give you some advice and I know it'll sound repetitious, but I've had my WS6 for a long time now since I was 17 and believe me, the mod bug hurts. At your age, I would recommend you start with small HP mods first and cheap mods. Get used to the power with every mod because trust me, they add up after awhile. There is a big difference between 300rwhp, 350 rwhp, 400 rwhp, 450 rwhp, and so on. Controlling your car is the first step, then step up the power. I first started out with the bone stock 300 rwhp and it was fine through high school. Who cares if you get spanked! There's a low of spoiled little brats out there with lots of money that throw it into their cars not very smartly. There's also some big guys out there that wrench for a living and have nothing better to do that put on some go fast goodies. You're just starting out and probably on a budget. So if I were you, I'd stick to that budget and do things right and build you car for a purpose. For example, is this going to be a daily driver, a go fast highway stomper, drag from 0, auto x, or just plain overall. Most likely you're looking for overall but that's a pretty hard one. With more power, your handling goes down, with more handling, your hp won't be where you want it to be and it's gonna be one hell of a rough daily. There's a lot of info and a lot of Fbody's, yes research what everyone has done and research every part. It's not as easy as just a bolt on. For example, Pace setter headers are great bang for your buck headers but the downfall is, the air and egr system don't quite hook up all too great. THe fit is still pretty tight and you will get some y pipe bang. With Hookers, it's a perfect fit and goes in great with no issues. Emmisions hook up properly but the price is up there. With borla's, they're great because you can adjust the sound and it's stainless steel but the price is outrageous. SLP's will annoy you after a while and they are really loud once you get some headers in. They sound nice and all, but you will attract some unwanted attention from the local blue boys. Pick a quiet exaust that has little restriction and get a cutout. Trust me, you'll love it. Magnaflows sound badass with an ORY and LT's plus the cutout. True Duals are expensive but they are sweet. I've seen a lot of setups out here. My WS6 pushed 500 rwhp, ran an 11.2 1/4 at 126 mph, and can take over 1g through the skid pad test and keep up or beat people through some mountain rods in my area. All at the cost of about 40k invested so far into my car. It drives ok as a daily, but really rough. The clutch is a bitch through traffic and I've gone through more parts that you could believe. Right now I'm at 320 rwhp down from 500 rwhp only because I dropped to an 8.5:! DR from 11.5:! for the procharger I have coming in. SO all in all, with about 12 lbs of boost, custom intercooler and ECU, I'm looking at almost 700 rwhp but at the final $ tag of 50,000. I'm still not done yet, because murphy's law in the automotive industry states, for every part replaced, a part must be changed. I learned the hard way, but trust me, it'll happen. Badass engine = blown rearend or transmission. H/C = Blown rings or bottom end. Cam = Tune from a Dyno, etc etc. It's a money pit. So beware. That's my $0.02 and there is a bolt on sticky at the top of this thread, check it out and good luck

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks bro's

95 % of owners of the loudmouth hated it when they went to headers. The sound gets to be too much. Anyone disagree ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information