Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

10th Anniversary Firehawk

This is a discussion on 10th Anniversary Firehawk within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i have the gold car cover for this car....

  1. #41
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    i have the gold car cover for this car.

  2. #42
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement, it's worth as much as someone will pay for it, not all of us are on a tight budget like you.
    it has nothing to do with budgets. it is not a collector car by any means right now.
    some people seem to forget they stopped selling these cars because there wasnt enough buyers just a few years back.
    paying anywhere near the asking price=
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  3. #43
    Senior Member t-rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    pocola oklahoma
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,121

    black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

    well has anyone seen this car yet or bought it?

  4. #44
    Senior Member predator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,256
    1966 Corvette Coupe

    I decided against going to look at it... Had it been a 99 30th it would prolly have been in my garage...

    -me

  5. #45
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    it has nothing to do with budgets. it is not a collector car by any means right now.
    some people seem to forget they stopped selling these cars because there wasnt enough buyers just a few years back.
    paying anywhere near the asking price=
    I don't agree. I think they stopped production because a)some corporate GM idiot (Bob Lutz) dropped the ball on getting a workable 5th generation design going, and b)some corporate GM idiot (Bob Lutz) took a ride in a Holden down under, and had a brain fart, and decided that an LS1 Holden with a GTO badge would sell like crazy in the states.

    GM is a company in crisis. Read what this complete moron Lutz has to say about new industry fuel requirements, and how they are going to raise the cost of the average GM vehicle by $6,000.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080115/...w_gm_fuel_dc_2

    This headline was "Farked" as "GM says new fuel requirements will add $6000 to the prices of their cars. Toyota engineers point and laugh."

    Fark.com for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

    The F-body, with its Nationwide fanclubs and enthusiasts, was done an extreme injustice by GM when it was canceled.

    This Limited Edition Firehawk is most certainly a collectible, and citing Trans Am/Firebird's cancellation as a reason that it is not doesn't add up. It simply adds fuel to the argument that GM is going to hell in a handbasket.

  6. #46
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I don't agree. I think they stopped production because a)some corporate GM idiot (Bob Lutz) dropped the ball on getting a workable 5th generation design going, and b)some corporate GM idiot (Bob Lutz) took a ride in a Holden down under, and had a brain fart, and decided that an LS1 Holden with a GTO badge would sell like crazy in the states.

    GM is a company in crisis. Read what this complete moron Lutz has to say about new industry fuel requirements, and how they are going to raise the cost of the average GM vehicle by $6,000.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080115/...w_gm_fuel_dc_2

    This headline was "Farked" as "GM says new fuel requirements will add $6000 to the prices of their cars. Toyota engineers point and laugh."

    Fark.com for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

    The F-body, with its Nationwide fanclubs and enthusiasts, was done an extreme injustice by GM when it was canceled.

    This Limited Edition Firehawk is most certainly a collectible, and citing Trans Am/Firebird's cancellation as a reason that it is not doesn't add up. It simply adds fuel to the argument that GM is going to hell in a handbasket.
    i dont agree with above.
    look at the sales of mustangs compared to f-bodies.
    blaiming bob lutz is b.s if you ask me.
    at the end of the day GM is out to make money just like any business.
    if the f-bodies were turning enough of a profit, they still would of been selling them.
    fan clubs mean squat when money isnt being made

    collectible is opinion. as of now, i dont see any of our cars collectible.

  7. #47
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    GM hasn't turned a profit in quite some time.

    And Trans Am/Z28s are holding their resale pretty well right now, because there's nothing equivalent to them on the road right now for the $$, and they still have a nationwide following.

    So I think you are wrong on both counts. And Lutz continues to make a fool of himself, he's the man upstairs, so he's got to take the heat when GM messes up.

    Ford Mustangs outselling F-bodys? Yes, but did the GTO outsell the Firebird? Not even close.

  8. #48
    Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seymour, Indiana
    Posts
    629

    Batman Black
    1996 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    I decided against going to look at it... Had it been a 99 30th it would prolly have been in my garage...

    -me
    Only 139 10th anniversary hawks was made

    30th anniversary Trans Am 1600 Made

  9. #49
    Senior Member predator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,256
    1966 Corvette Coupe

    yeah i know... and i had to really think about it to say no... but i just dont like the car enough...

    Lets say i bought the car... well i love the black and gold and the fact that the car came like that would give me the right to keep it that way and no one could say it looked like shit...

    But, I like the ws6 hood better (so i replace that and stipe it gold), i hate the slp wing (so there goes that), and those rims.... (cya!!! yes i woudl go back with some sort of gold, but nothing like that)...

    I would get down with it and it woudl have the door emblems and floormats in it...

    The only reason i would buy it is because of what it was and that i could have a black and gold car with a good excuse for it to be black and gold... cause come on if im gonna actually do soemthing myself im going black and charcoal

    -me

  10. #50
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    GM hasn't turned a profit in quite some time.

    And Trans Am/Z28s are holding their resale pretty well right now, because there's nothing equivalent to them on the road right now for the $$, and they still have a nationwide following.

    So I think you are wrong on both counts. And Lutz continues to make a fool of himself, he's the man upstairs, so he's got to take the heat when GM messes up.
    we could both keep on debating on what these cars will be worth one day, but the reality is either one of us could be right or wrong. neither of us can see into the future.

  11. #51
    Member BANDITCAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    276

    Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

    Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    yeah i know... and i had to really think about it to say no... but i just dont like the car enough...

    Lets say i bought the car... well i love the black and gold and the fact that the car came like that would give me the right to keep it that way and no one could say it looked like shit...

    But, I like the ws6 hood better (so i replace that and stipe it gold), i hate the slp wing (so there goes that), and those rims.... (cya!!! yes i woudl go back with some sort of gold, but nothing like that)...

    I would get down with it and it woudl have the door emblems and floormats in it...

    The only reason i would buy it is because of what it was and that i could have a black and gold car with a good excuse for it to be black and gold... cause come on if im gonna actually do soemthing myself im going black and charcoal

    -me
    Sounds kinda like you want a 98 Hurst/Lingenfelter T/A

  12. #52
    Senior Member predator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,256
    1966 Corvette Coupe

    still yuck on the rims... but yeah thats alot closer... If i bought that car thats what it wiould eld up looking like...

    -me

  13. #53
    Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seymour, Indiana
    Posts
    629

    Batman Black
    1996 Formula

    Found it again with price this time. and better pictures on ebay
    Link>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...em170193823301

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4

    Black and Gold
    01 10th Ann Conv Firehawk

    It's sitting on their showroom floor.

    Talk to Jeff who has this car. They need the $18k figure posted on the ebay sale for the car. I am hoping to go look at it tonight after work if I can get down there before they close up.

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4

    Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am (M6)

    Wow. Nice ride. There aren't many cars that I would sell/trade my stock 02 WS6 w/ 26k miles for but this would be one of them.

  16. #56
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    If I had an extra $18k, that thing would be in my garage tonight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: [GA] 2001 Pontiac Firehawk 10th Anniversary Edition - A4
    By jd_ls1 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM
  2. Today is the 10th anniversary of Sep 11th, 2001...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
  3. Value of a 10th Anniversary Firehawk Convertible
    By 10thannconv in forum Convertible
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 05:08 AM
  4. 2001 10th Anniversary Firehawk for sale
    By LadyHawk in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 08:33 AM
  5. 10th Anniversary Firehawk Help Please!
    By Kskiba7210 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •