Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

10 years in the making

This is a discussion on 10 years in the making within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben Its an A4. How long did your tranny mount last before it went out again because ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    Its an A4. How long did your tranny mount last before it went out again because of the motor mounts?
    It started tearing again in less then a year. But I was very hard on the car back then. I did alot of 30-40 roll clutch dump type stuff.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

white
    1998 Trans Am

i see.. well i havent been hard on my car.. infact i have been very nice to her.. i did have some other people on here mention the motor mounts also.. that is on my list but for now not near the top.. i have to replce my rack and pinion.. its leaking but i check the fluid about 3 times a week and i have to replace the oil sending unit and the connecting end for the coolant level.. previous owner broke it or something and i can see a wire just wrapped around something.. have to get those 2 things fixed so the coolant level light will go off and get my oil pressure gauge to register so my check gauges and SES light will go off. just small but annoying things im trying to get done first

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    if your mount breaks again soon then your motor mounts are bad
    If it was the stock tranny mount then it would make sense, because the stock one's sucks I have a poly motor and tranny mounts got them in all together much cheaper that way.

white
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i started to get that package on the ws6 store but i didnt want to wait for the shipping so i got the stock one.. whenever i get the rack and pinion replaced i will order that package and have all of them done at the same time

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

yeah i started to get that package on the ws6 store but i didnt want to wait for the shipping so i got the stock one.. whenever i get the rack and pinion replaced i will order that package and have all of them done at the same time
    Honestly the shipping doesnt take long from them only a couple of day's, everytime I ordered something from them it was real quick.

white
    1998 Trans Am

well i was very impatient and wanted right then...lol.. so i suppose its a $75 temp fix.. but as long as im not hard on her, it should last awhile

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

well i was very impatient and wanted right then...lol.. so i suppose its a $75 temp fix.. but as long as im not hard on her, it should last awhile
    Yea it will last long enough, atleast till you get the poly motor and tranny mount's, it is actually best to have the motor mounts done at the same time you do your header's/full exhaust!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well it the tranny mount was like that when i got the car.. so hopefully the motor mounts are good

your motor mounts are probably on their last few miles then... poly motor mounts are cheap but a pain in the ass to install but they are well worth it...

White
    1998 Trans Am

Do yourself a favor if your tensioner is bad and buy a manual one, no more belt squeaking or movment from that spring. Most online places sell either the Comp Cam or Katech one.Well worth the money I hate spring tensioners.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    It started tearing again in less then a year. But I was very hard on the car back then. I did alot of 30-40 roll clutch dump type stuff.
    yeah those tend to do it

white
    1998 Trans Am

new parts replacement, more this weekend

so after replacing the tensioner pulley, which wasnt the one that was squeeking, i replaced the idler pulley.. finally got rid of the squeek.. also had the guys at advanced auto hook in their computer and read codes.. both o2 sensors are shot, and a misfire on cylinder 7.. so for the weekend i am going to replace the coil packand attempt the oil sending unit without removing the intake.. next week i will have the o2 sensors replaced and get a quote on replacing the motor mounts.. that should be all of the minor stuff it needed and i can get started on the exhaust and stereo.. oh and i have to realign the hood.. its just a wee bit off and almost touching my headlight on the passenger side.. so far, i paid $4000 for my car and im into to $325.. i dont think its bad at all... very happy with the way things are coming alone.. i do however have a list a mile long and only about 1/4 of the way done.. lol.... but its so much fun

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Before you go replacing the coil, swap it with another and see if the misfire follows. Could just be a lean misfire with the O2's being frogged up. I'd fix that first before you go spending $$ on stuff you may not need.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Trans am

Congrats on the upgrade. I fall in love everytime I drive my car. If it only had a vagina I would be set.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

So, how's the upgrading going? What's new with it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information