Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

10 years in the making

This is a discussion on 10 years in the making within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Great deal on the car. You can now take the money that you saved and put it back into the ...

Blue
    2001 TA WS6, 1995 BMW M3

Great deal on the car. You can now take the money that you saved and put it back into the car... That is if the wife approves. Have fun.

white
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Nice car! Nice price!
    Just wanna point out, looks like you have a water damaged right taillight. The only fix is to replace it. I had the same problem on mine.
    im sure i will find all the small things that are wrong and fix them.. i just have to wait for it to get here on tuesday

white
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by j_pyrdol View Post
    Great deal on the car. You can now take the money that you saved and put it back into the car... That is if the wife approves. Have fun.
    well seeing as i am single, i have nobody to approve what i do!! lol...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Enjoy that while it lasts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Ws6 T/A

Nice Ryd! Welcome to the Ls1 family.

99 Formula

welcome , i just got mine after a few years of wanting one , very cool .

green
    rock crawler

that's alot of car for 5 grand. good deal

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Op got a good deal no doubt!
    Posted via Mobile Device

white
    1998 Trans Am

Ok so I my TA got to me at 3 am. So this is my first look and drive of her. The previous owner for some unknown reason chopped the exhaust off at the cats!? It sounds like crap. This was the first thing I wanted to change anyway but why in the hell would someone do that? Who ever you are, stay away from any LS1 car. Now I have to spend the rest of the day being pissed cause I spent all my money getting this beautiful car and it sounds like crap.with christmas being here its goiin to be about 2 or 3 weeks til I can get a temporary fix until I can get what I want on there. My goodness that just burns me up. But on a lighter note. She is paid for and with someone who appreciates and will treat her right.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    Ok so I my TA got to me at 3 am. So this is my first look and drive of her. The previous owner for some unknown reason chopped the exhaust off at the cats!? It sounds like crap. This was the first thing I wanted to change anyway but why in the hell would someone do that? Who ever you are, stay away from any LS1 car. Now I have to spend the rest of the day being pissed cause I spent all my money getting this beautiful car and it sounds like crap.with christmas being here its goiin to be about 2 or 3 weeks til I can get a temporary fix until I can get what I want on there. My goodness that just burns me up. But on a lighter note. She is paid for and with someone who appreciates and will treat her right.
    Congrats on the new arrival! Don't know why someone would cut them off at the cats, but that can always be replaced. Keep that Arctic White clean, I don't see very many of them in awesome condition........
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Black

Congrats man! I love seeing threads like these, it always reminds me of when I first got my trans am....one of the best days of my life

white
    1998 Trans Am

so after stewing over this for a whole day and talking to a few good friends, its not as bad as i thought it was.. my buddy has a 99 SS and plans on changing his exhaust and will sell me his magnaflow muffler and tips for $100 bucks and a shop here can build me the rest of it for $200.. so thats good.. on another note... found out the previous owner was really hard on the car racing big time... thats why it has a new motor in it.. dont have much more info than that.. but, the oil pressure gauge doesnt work.. not sure if there was an after market gauge put in and the stock one wasnt reconnected or what.. there is no knocking so there is oil flow.. maybe the sending unit im told.. the sensor for coolant level doesnt work.. inside light shows low, but coolant level is full.. starts off kinda rough going through 1st to 2nd gear.. cant tell at idle if it has a mild cam or its missing... dont know when the plugs and wires were changed.. so basically im going in to this blind.. which is fine.. im willing to do the work to get her right and im sure you guys can give me input as well.. if all else fails, i have the title.. get a loan on it and get a new motor...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Sounds like a great excuse to just start ripping into it right away. Pull the intake manifold to access the oil pressure sensor. This also gives you a good time to inspect the throttle body, all the vacuum/pcv hoses, and the intake seals. Since its a 99, its also a good chance to decide if you wanna delete the EGR and Secondary A.I.R. system.
    And while all that stuff is apart, pull the coil packs, spark plug wires, and spark plugs off the car and inspect/replace as necessary. That'll give you a good starting point to know where you're at with the condition of the car.

black
    2001 Trans Am

WOW! She's beautiful! My 1st T/A was a '99 Arctic white SO yeah, i'm partial to white T/A's. You are gonna have so much fun

Awaiting Activation

White/ blue stripes
    2002 WS6 / 2000 firehawk

nice car man!, i got a white ws6 and thought it was to plain so i threw some blue graphics on it, tinted fog lights ect. it looks good, i would either do that or black because the ceta mod looks good on the white t/a's but with blue stripes it kind of doesnt ha

white
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ~oh2dub6~ View Post
    nice car man!, i got a white ws6 and thought it was to plain so i threw some blue graphics on it, tinted fog lights ect. it looks good, i would either do that or black because the ceta mod looks good on the white t/a's but with blue stripes it kind of doesnt ha
    yeah i saw a white TA on a website that does graphics that has the same set up.. i thought that was cool looking and thats what im planning on doing.. but instead of the black CETA mode, do it in the same color blue as the grahics..

white
    1998 Trans Am

so as i stated earlier, i got the car wed morning... with work i really havent had time to get her to a shop and get a look at this exhaust thing til today.. and to my surprise, the exhaust is intact.. they just cut it off at the muffler.. the horrible noise i was hearing was the lower manifold gasket.. its blown completely out.. will order one of those monday from the local GM dealership and hopefully have it fixed tuesday or wed... so all my pissing and moaning and getting mad about the exhaust was for nothing really..lol

orange
    1977 Corvette

not bad at all for $5450!

white
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1_bandit View Post
    not bad at all for $5450!
    well they actually dropped it $3750 cause i paid cash for it.. even better deal

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Freakin' score, man!

Like Cutless said, though. Do a good once over on the lines and wires. People do funny things to these cars sometimes.
    LS6 2.5 heads, OBX LT's, LM1, MS3 cam, 12 bolt Moser, Koni 4/4's, UMI EVERYTHING!
    My build thread:http://www.ls1.com/forums/f36/patient-ready-123827/
    My Halloween Forum http://www.hauntersnation.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information