Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

06 gto vs. 00 T/a ws6

This is a discussion on 06 gto vs. 00 T/a ws6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 6sw00 the gto i was talking about is an 06, but the one he had prior to ...

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by 6sw00 View Post
    the gto i was talking about is an 06, but the one he had prior to this was the 04. but you know how some cars are made a lil slower some times and then theres always those fast running cars. shoulda looked for a firehawk.
    i am talking about 06 GTO too.. i beat him with my stock 06 stang GT, which is soppsed to be slower than your car!

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    i am talking about 06 GTO too.. i beat him with my stock 06 stang GT, which is soppsed to be slower than your car!
    Driver error

Red
    2000 Slp Firehawk #128

My Uncle owns a 05 mustang gt and i have driven it and raced him a few times with me driving his car and him drivng mine even to see the driver difference. He doesn't drive the car hard alot and i would say he shifts average. He has a magnaflow catback and a tune. The T/A pulls on the Gt from everywhere. The cars are close in first gear from a dig. Once the cars start moving the power difference takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    Driver error
    there were 3 other LS2 GTOs and their best time was 13.8.. just race dude andyou will see what i am talking about.. for some reasion they are very very bad cars from a dig.. (with street tires).

Quote Originally Posted by slpfirehawk00 View Post
    My Uncle owns a 05 mustang gt and i have driven it and raced him a few times with me driving his car and him drivng mine even to see the driver difference. He doesn't drive the car hard alot and i would say he shifts average. He has a magnaflow catback and a tune. The T/A pulls on the Gt from everywhere. The cars are close in first gear from a dig. Once the cars start moving the power difference takes over.
    trans ams are faster than new stang GTs but i gotta say this, from a dig untill 70mph (untill the end of 2nd gear), new stang is gonna jump on LS1s.. or give an even race.. after that trans am will walk over.. i own 97 LT1 formula and i can see how strong cars they are from a roll.. but from a dig, trans ams are not as good as new stang GTs. trans ams are highway monsters

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Weight.

And driver.

And looking at the torque curve of an LS1 says different. The car accels at low RPM's as well as the upper RPM's. They can be strong from a dig, the problem is traction.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

absoulutely correct.. all you rele need is to have decent tires on there.. lol some nice grip and its trouble for someone else.. i would rele love to race a mustang gt tho.. i want to see what will happen with that. being so many people read this, anybody have opinions on ls1 edit? i was thinking about trying it.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I ran a new Mustang GT at Bandimere last time I was there.

Really amazing what 2.8 seconds is in car lengths.
    To the Mustangs defense, I am nowhere near stock.

bschei
    there were 3 other LS2 GTOs and their best time was 13.8.. just race dude andyou will see what i am talking about.. for some reasion they are very very bad cars from a dig.. (with street tires).
    I would agree with this. I have an 05 GTO and a 00 WS6 and the GOAT just doesn't start as strong from a dig. I haven't taken the WS6 to the track yet, but i ran 13.6 @ 103 my first time with the goat. Completely stock A4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I ran a new Mustang GT at Bandimere last time I was there.

Really amazing what 2.8 seconds is in car lengths.
    To the Mustangs defense, I am nowhere near stock.
    i will race with you whenever you want.. i am not afraid of you..

but as i said, with your Grand am not Trans am

also Curtis, i wish we would have been close and i would let u drive my car.. bellieve me new stangs are very stong from a dig.. i test drove a trans am 01 i was just curious and at light i launched that thing, it was sure defienetly fast but new stang feels a lot faster..or faster from a dig.. well i couldnt launch it correctly cuz dealer was sitting in the car.. on the high way i was like 60 mph and dropped to 3rd gear and wow, that thing is going as long as you keep accelerating.. new stangs sucks from a roll.. i neever race anyone from a roll

i wish i woudl have an LS1

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

That would be embarrassing.

Grand Am is probably just a 15.8 or so.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

trans ams are faster than new stang GTs but i gotta say this, from a dig untill 70mph (untill the end of 2nd gear), new stang is gonna jump on LS1s.. or give an even race.. after that trans am will walk over.. i own 97 LT1 formula and i can see how strong cars they are from a roll.. but from a dig, trans ams are not as good as new stang GTs. trans ams are highway monsters
    I'm sorry but a new stock mustang GT shouldn't even be compared to ls1's
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

Black on Black
    2001 Firebird T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    I'm sorry but a new stock mustang GT shouldn't even be compared to ls1's
    Agree'd.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

well thats cool you beat the GTO. i would think itd be really close. it seems like on paper the gto should be faster, but i never see any good times in them. it seems like low13's isnt a big deal in an ls1 fbody though, so who knows.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

so how quick would my 94 t/a run if i swapped in an 06 ls2 engine? Since it is a lot lighter than the gto and would have 400 hp.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1bandit View Post
    so how quick would my 94 t/a run if i swapped in an 06 ls2 engine? Since it is a lot lighter than the gto and would have 400 hp.
    tough to say really, but i'd say its a safe bet that youd see 12's

black
    2000 trans am ws6

well i ran at the track again.. this time first two races i tried that gorilla chipz thing.. the best it did was make me think i was faster.. last race i took it out. raced against the 87 grand national. some upgrades done to it and had d/r. i won all 3 and i ran a 13.7 on the first two and a 13.44 on the last race.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information