Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

02 trans am to buy

looking at buying this car. http://billings.craigslist.org/cto/1649941806.html i talked to the guy he said he was willing to go down to 15700 for sure what do you think of this. he also said that he'd be willing to drive somewhere to meet up if i were to buy the car. is it worth it.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

for $15k at your location, yes, here that would be a little pricy, but thats because they are so common in the south,

i also recommend you keep it stock, low miles and clean if you buy it, thats a truely amazing car

White
    1998 Trans Am

Nice car, little price for a private party sale. I met a guy with a Z06 and he was selling a NBM Ram Air with 36k asking $12000 and he said he would take less. I'm sure it's sold by now. On a lot I could see them asking that price but private party sales are always less. Best thing to do honestly is what I do when I buy used car, call your ins. Agent and ask them what it's worth just encase someone ever hits you. Don't wanna pay $15k some idiot runs a light or a stop sign and totals the cay and you get $10k and still owe $12. I know people who have had that happen, my buddy in FL bought a Saleen S281E with the supercharger with low miles and it was at a dealer. A year later a drunk guy tboned him on his way home and totaled his car. He got hit by a lowered Silverado right in the front tire and door on the passenger side. Shifted the motor over trash the hood front wheel door and hindges and the steering, then the car slide into the curb and blew both tires and trashed the rims. We figure he was going over 40 they hit to do the kinda damage that was done. But not to the point he owed $5000 more than the insurance was calline fair market value which from my expirence with totaling cars is lower than Kelly or NADA. He got gap insurance when he bought it so it didn't matter what the insurance gave him. Just my .02 never know what can happen. I repaired and painted a Z28 and a month layer it got hit in the rear bumper
    I just painted parked at the college he goes to. Bad luck always finds nice cars, no one ever hit my dented up 91 Explorer, not that I'd notice.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

the guys on tech are all telling me that this is to high of a price? there's one in winnipeg with 91 000 mies and he wants 16900 i thought for 46000 miles that's a great price considering where i am if i wanna get a good price i would have to fly and that would cost to much not??

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Guys on tech are idiots...thats why I can't stand that place most of the time.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Guys on tech are idiots...thats why I can't stand that place most of the time.
    agreed just thought i'd ask questions on there and see the response there, which is not to good the only thing good about it is the classifieds. this site is way better for questions

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

low ball him... walk up with 12 or 13 in cash... see what he does.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I just realized this car is in Montana, not Canada like I thought. $15k-$16k US dollars is kinda high but if there isn't many TA's in Canada or Montana then that price is okish.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I agree, this price is pretty high for any trans am with those kinds of miles. but it depends on what you are looking for, there are plenty of much faster t/a's and camaros out there with the same or less miles for around 13k.. i would wait until he is willing to take around 13000

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

That price is 3k short of a z06

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    low ball him... walk up with 12 or 13 in cash... see what he does.
    Go to his house with 12 k and see what he does. He'll probably call you the next day and you'll get the car.
    Thats how I got my SS. Guy was asking 14500 for the car. Went to his house with 11 thousand and at first he said no but the next day he called me. Car had a nice exhaust, Lid, suspension mods with receipts, 45 thousand miles, convertible 6 speed. Not sure if I am going to keep it though. I want a hard top!

Black
    2002 WS6 6-speed

I dont know either, I am no expert however seems a little too much. I am in the Army in Germany. Just bought the exact same car with 60K on it for $11K. Need the hood repainted, but for 11 I am not complaining.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

i bought my ceta w/ 41k on it for about 16k all together..u should probably be able to get the car for less than 15700 i would think..i would go with what the other guys said and offer around 13 to 14..just my opinion..hope it all works out!!

Thread Information