Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

01 WS6 vs 06 GT! ran today!!

This is a discussion on 01 WS6 vs 06 GT! ran today!! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 502ci I was referring to the frontal area of the mustang compared to the firebid (aerodynamics). ha, ...

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 502ci
    I was referring to the frontal area of the mustang compared to the firebid (aerodynamics).
    ha, U do have a point..

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    do u have a o/r y?
    I have a y

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Granted im sure there are some fast 05+ stangs out there, the fastest Ive seen at the track had flows and a short throw and was running a 14.1 . Now I know the driver makes the car but yikes. . .

-00BlueTA

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlueTA
    Granted im sure there are some fast 05+ stangs out there, the fastest Ive seen at the track had flows and a short throw and was running a 14.1 . Now I know the driver makes the car but yikes. . .

-00BlueTA
    i've seen em run 13.5 with just o/r h pipe with loud mouth's,

Steve355
    That 14.1 was stock? Eww...

And yeah, that body style looks like a brick wall compared to the T/A. Nice kill.

black
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Honboy1
    That thing looks like one big black turd next to the WS6!! I think the new Stangs are made for girls only!!! Ugly as hell!!
    It may look bad next to the ws6, but just about anything would, atleast i think so...... But the GT's really r pretty cool, they look sweet with the 18's like the ones in the pic....

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Well, I for one love the outside styling of the new Mustangs. I'd never buy one over a used '98-02 TA, but I really think Ford finally did it right...right up until the rear end that is. The taillights just haven't grown on me.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlueTA

-00BlueTA
    i guy at the track by me had a new 05 gt, ran 13.85 with just k+n filter. i alway talk to his brother there, he has a 55 chevy. ( with blower) me and him had the best race i ever had last fall.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater
    Well, I for one love the outside styling of the new Mustangs. I'd never buy one over a used '98-02 TA, but I really think Ford finally did it right...right up until the rear end that is. The taillights just haven't grown on me.
    same here i said the same thing when they came out. and the bumper is so tall. if it's lowered i bet it would look better. instead of being jacked up. thanks jeremy

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

no stock stang is going to keep up w/ a ws.6, not even a cobra(probly some expections) i mean just do the math, a 4.6, vs a 5.7, enough said.

Steve355
    ...are you serious?

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Well, the '03 Mustang Cobra is certainly one that may be an exception. 390HP, 390ft.lbs of torque. The numbers for that car, although not REAL impressive, are still pretty damn good. The biggest problem there was that Ford made another attempt at independant rear suspension. It just can't take the beating that the live axle can. My buddies uncle had one and blew an axle shaft the first launch at the track on stock tires...100% stock car. I ran about a dozen times in 4 hours at the track and all that I got was an overheated tranny. The car still performed well through all the runs.

The '03 Cobra is still only 4.6 liters, but it is supercharged. You may want to do some research on forced air induction before you make any statements about a smaller displacement not being capable. You are mistaken on that statement.

Good to hear our cars are still running with newer ones. I was in Kalamazoo in the fall, and this guy in a 05+ GT was next to me at a light. We were a few cars back, but he kept reving. When traffic would move, he would sit there for a second, and then gun it. But since there was only a few car lenghts, he would slam on his brakes. I thought he was going to rearend someone.

BBATCAR
    Quote Originally Posted by _JB_
    Good to hear our cars are still running with newer ones. I was in Kalamazoo in the fall, and this guy in a 05+ GT was next to me at a light. We were a few cars back, but he kept reving. When traffic would move, he would sit there for a second, and then gun it. But since there was only a few car lenghts, he would slam on his brakes. I thought he was going to rearend someone.
    I had an 05 GT take off normal from the light so I did the same , all of a sudden he stomps on it, so I reacted and I did the same took me a little while to get going but I started to pass him, he shut down... oh well, I couldn't get a good gauge what kind of race it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by BBATCAR
    I had an 05 GT take off normal from the light so I did the same , all of a sudden he stomps on it, so I reacted and I did the same took me a little while to get going but I started to pass him, he shut down... oh well, I couldn't get a good gauge what kind of race it would be...
    Sweet. I wish me and the Gt would have gotten a light together. But damn that driver was dumb. You would hear the tires screech when he took off, and then when he slammed on the brakes. I guess he wanted my attention?

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Im guessing she doesent know how to drive. Probably would have killed it with a good driver buy not no more than 2 cars

black
    01 WS6

Its not hard to drive a auto, just floor it......

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Its not hard to drive a auto, just floor it......
    more like ease into the throttle and then floor it...if you just floor it from a dig you'll sit there and smoke'em

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information