Blue
    2000 WS6 Ram Air Trans Am

00 WS6, to mod or not?

I have a 2000 NBM WS6, I have it set up for mostly autox with springs, koni's, bars and bushings. So far I've only touched the suspension and I have all the parts to go back to stock. I have a donor car with SS Headers and Ypipe, and a flowmaster catback system (no cats at the moment). Someone traded it in at the Honda dealership that my Son's Grandfather owns. He said I could have the entire exhaust off the car if I traded it for my completly Stock WS6 exhaust. (he can't resell it without Cats) and I have to do the work. no problem with that, the issue is that I'll lose the stock exhaust forever and I'll never be able to put it back to stock.

I'm not really wanting to ever sell the car, but It will be of value someday since Pontiac is now defunct. Car currently has 117K miles on it and has had two minor accidents which have been fixed (deer and a gaurdrail). I told my wife I needed to take it in to have the cat's replaced under GM's special Coverage adjustment, so I might be able to sneak this one in under the wife radar as a bonus.

I need opinions! Please persuade me one way or the other...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I'm sure if you got rid of your stock exhaust, you would be able to find someone who wants to sell thier stock exhaust down the road. I guess it might depend on how the condition is. I'd go for it.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Ws6s arent anymore rare than a base model T/A. 117kmiles and 2 accidents on the carfax makes this car less than a collectable imo. Mod the shit outta it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

shit id trade stock exhaust for that any day no one really keeps stock exhaust anymore even in cars shows. at least the ones ive been too.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

If you are really going to keep it until the end, then I would make the trade. It looks like your TA isn't a daily driver anyway...Or search a local junkyard and see if you can find one. BTW where do you autocross?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Or, you could send me the exhuast and I'll send you back my stock setup.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    If you are really going to keep it until the end, then I would make the trade. It looks like your TA isn't a daily driver anyway...Or search a local junkyard and see if you can find one. BTW where do you autocross?
    Southeastern VA and sometime up in Richmond, and a couple trips to VIR thus far.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Are you a member of a club (SCCA)? This sounds like fun. If only I had the money. My suspension is bone stock, so I would have to work on that before trying. I have had a few friends drive at Summit Point in West Virginia and had a lot of fun. I have never been on a road course, just the drag strip. I didn't know VIR has a road course.

Blue

I'm a member of Tidewater Sports car club in Norfolk, http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/
    and Old Dominion Region of the SCCA.
    http://www.odr-scca.org/
    I usually AutoX at least twice a month. VIR is only a Road Course, you're thinking VMP with is the Drag Strip in Dinwiddee.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

free complete exhaust set up???? DO IT!!!!!!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    free complete exhaust set up???? DO IT!!!!!!!

^^ What he said. As mentioned above, you should always be able to find a stock system to go back on if you need to. I have a WS.6 exhaust system in the upper part of my garage that should be there for the next 20 years, or so...

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I live in sunny Virginia Beach also. Let me know what you are looking for on a stock exhaust, my 2000 WS6 is untouched for now plus I have some stuff from my first 2000 T/A in my storage shed. Do you ever go to Jenroe's on Saturday afternoons? I had my car up there this weekend, it was the Goat's turn this weekend but it is in the shop.

Scott

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I would switch it out.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    I live in sunny Virginia Beach also. Let me know what you are looking for on a stock exhaust, my 2000 WS6 is untouched for now plus I have some stuff from my first 2000 T/A in my storage shed. Do you ever go to Jenroe's on Saturday afternoons? I had my car up there this weekend, it was the Goat's turn this weekend but it is in the shop.

Scott

I havn't been to Jenro's in years, two days a month AutoXing is all my wife will tolerate with me and my "car hobbies" I am planning on going to the all f body show next Sat at Knuckleheads, should be a good show. Won't have my bird with me though, she'll be in the shop for some bodywork. Here's a link to the tidewater T/A club. http://www.ttac.net/

Mills

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I would sooooo do it!

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Ah, I know how you feel. I always keep my stock stuff, just in case. But that is one hell of a deal though, ss headers, y pipe, and cat back for free, not too bad lol. Plus if you ever need to go back to stock, I'm sure you could pick up stock stuff for dirt cheap.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by beach cruiser View Post
    I havn't been to Jenro's in years, two days a month AutoXing is all my wife will tolerate with me and my "car hobbies" I am planning on going to the all f body show next Sat at Knuckleheads, should be a good show. Won't have my bird with me though, she'll be in the shop for some bodywork. Here's a link to the tidewater T/A club. http://www.ttac.net/

Mills
    Cool. I was going to that event but my GTO club has something going on that day. I might go down there if it is early enough. I had thought about entering my T/A but I noticed some chips on the hood this past weekend. I still need to join the Tidewater T/A club but have been pretty busy. Thanks for the link and I might see you in the future.

Scott

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

LTs trade

I would say it's a no brainer to make the trade then start the modding.

However you have changed the suspension I'm assumming it's lowered in the front.

look closely at the ground clearance.

you say the LTs are SS is this stainless steel if yes make the trade on a bussiness standpoint stainless steel LTs are whorth 3 times of stock.

Blue

It's lowered with Strano Springs, so it sits about 1 3/4" lower than stock. I'm going to look at the donor today, worst case I'll take the catback stuff off it.

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

1 3/4"

1 3/4" is a substancile drop some LTs are real low like SLPs, some tuck up better than others. these cars are allready low from the factory.

If I where you I'd be on the net locating a stock exhaust in you're area.

beware LTs leads to cam then heads ect. ect.ect.

good luck.

Thread Information