Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

$300, What to do next?

I have about $300 to put into my car and wondering what I should do next!!! Any ideas!! I have a 2000 Trans Am, No Ram Air, No WS6. The only thing I have done was put in a Magnaflow Dual Tip Exhaust. Not sure what to do given I only have $300. I'm thinking I should do something with my air flow, yes??

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Quote Originally Posted by dtdnick1029 View Post
    I have about $300 to put into my car and wondering what I should do next!!! Any ideas!! I have a 2000 Trans Am, No Ram Air, No WS6. The only thing I have done was put in a Magnaflow Dual Tip Exhaust. Not sure what to do given I only have $300. I'm thinking I should do something with my air flow, yes??
    sub frame connectors would be something to look at
    as well as a air lid,

these are a couple suggestions to hold over till the other guys jump in

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

3 point UMI bolt-in subframe connectors.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Subframe connectors a lid , also new rear lower control arms and a panhard bar will make the car handle a.bit better and .all good parts that are under $300 and not hard to install yourself with minimal tools.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

2002 CETA m6

Buy new window motors...........

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Subframe connectors a lid , also new rear lower control arms and a panhard bar will make the car handle a.bit better and .all good parts that are under $300 and not hard to install yourself with minimal tools.
    I agree,just got my car a month ago SLP Lid and BW filter were first,ordered my LT's and ORY and bought some SFC and PHB and RLCA's.

You should be able to get the PHB,RLCA's and Lid for $300.00.

Just seen a Whisper Lid,K/N Filter and Smooth Bellows on Tech for $115.00

PM'd you the link.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Also, good winter idea, tune from frost, especially A4.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Same ol Situation View Post
    Buy new window motors...........
    hahaha. first thing i replaced when i got my car.

I bought a lid, SFC's and gears when i first got my car. everyone said SFC's are real important and make a big difference. I now have full exhaust, tune, gears, intake, but have yet to put the SFC's on and i bought them a year and a half ago. Those and the springs i have are next along with the rest of the suspension stuff.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Yeah, I need to do some subframe connecters myself in the spring. The '89 T/A (non-T Top) I had actually got a crack on the roofline and where the B pillar met at. BTW these days are the bolt on ones anywhere as good as the weld ons? They used to not be, but I keep seeing them for sale.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Buy a aftermarket lid or a CAI like a Volant. Put the rest of the money aside for an exhaust when you have another 300 or so to add to the leftover cash.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    1998 Trans Am

i have weld on BMR's sitting in my room. i bought the boxed ones not tubular because they told me these were stronger and they certainly look like they will be. theyre like 2" square 1/4" steel. They feel tough

White
    1998 Trans Am

Here's the easy way weld in sfc's are stronger but bolt ons you can install yourself and have welded on later if you don't have the extra cash. I got bolt ons still yet to be installed but later after I finish some more suspension and a new rear I'll get someone to weld them on for now I can bolt them on myself for free and will do the job.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

FWIW i got UMI bolt on SFCs and they made a HUGE difference! i may get them welded later on but they are great for now.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Here's the easy way weld in sfc's are stronger but bolt ons you can install yourself and have welded on later if you don't have the extra cash. I got bolt ons still yet to be installed but later after I finish some more suspension and a new rear I'll get someone to weld them on for now I can bolt them on myself for free and will do the job.
    Well, the welding part isn't an issue for me, my brother-in-law is a welder, and owns the equipment that would be needed. My curiousity is how much rigidity might be lost in using a bolt on system vs. the weld ons.

White
    1998 Trans Am

It will always be a little more.rigid being welded and the weld ons are cheaper so if you have someone to weld.it go.for.those. Every few bucks you save one one part can be put.toward the next. I also love the difference the UMI panhard and lca's made in the way it launched and handled plus.get a set of lca relocation brackets since you got a welded there not much and help a.little.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

WELDED sub frame connectors

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

with 300, and what i learned the hard way was if you can buy it used and its pretty much just as good...then do it! a little luck on craigslis can get you a long way even ebay.

I bought a painted ram air hood, ported/polised tb, and speaker box for 500...

best mod i did though was LTs and cutout, i was cammed already. But its your choice so if you like me and bought a non ws6 but really wanted a ws6 just couldnt afford/find one then save up for a r/a hood

White
    1998 Trans Am

I got my aftermarket ws6 hood for $275 with tax at a local retailer called certifit and ailment is as good or better than any I have seen people get on ebay. Not quite oem but less than 1/2 the price of a used one if you can find one and new was like $1100 or so last I checked.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Thank you

Thanks for all the feedback. I would love to get a Pewter Ram Air Hood but I can't seem to find. Plus the cost of painting it is going to be quite a bit anyway, won't it.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

To have my trufiber hood painted black with three coats of ppg paint and two coats of clear I was quoted at 300 dollars

Thread Information