Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Dear Tiny Little 8 pound 6 ounce Infant Baby Jesus,

Please bestow upon me a small check in the amount of 110,000 American dollars so that I may burn the track with the almighty ZL1 you have placed your all powerful hand upon.

Thanks in advance,

Y2KArcticSS

Someone needs to put the crack pipe down a 110K? You've got to be kidding me and the reserve is not even met at that price. Nice car and worth some $$$ for sure but not six figures IMO no 4th gen is worth that kind of money.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Someone needs to put the crack pipe down a 110K? You've got to be kidding me and the reserve is not even met at that price. Nice car and worth some $$$ for sure but not six figures IMO no 4th gen is worth that kind of money.
    I think that's the starting bid, I don't think anyone has bid anything for the reserve to be met. But yeah, that's a piss load of money... but that ZL1 is probably one of the few that is really worth it. Because it's the highest end GMMG car you can acquire

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt... cause it says like I can be formal, but Im here to party!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Dammit...........when is AIGgoing to send me my bonus?

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

If i had the $ i'd bye it, that car is gonna be worth so much money down the road.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Stupid price, nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I think that's the starting bid, I don't think anyone has bid anything for the reserve to be met. But yeah, that's a piss load of money... but that ZL1 is probably one of the few that is really worth it. Because it's the highest end GMMG car you can acquire
    Oh I know it's the starting bid i was just refering to the fact that 110k won't even buy it. I agree that it's a sweet car and worth some serious coin but not 110k + you can get a new ZR1 for that kind of money. 4th Gen camaros regardless of rarity have not reached that level yet IMO. Love the car though it would look great next to my red and tan SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    If i had the $ i'd bye it, that car is gonna be worth so much money down the road.
    I don't know about that. I don't think you or I will see that car really worth six figures in our lifetime. The fact a collector car dealer has to put it on Ebay and no one is bidding on it leads me to believe it is way over priced at least in this economy. Plus you buy that car and all you can do is stare at it you certainly can't put any miles on it. If I'm going to stare at something I'd rather it be a 67 427 vette or a 69 z28 rs with cross ram but then i'm over 40!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Considering the phase 3 ZL1s started around $100k, there really isn't much wrong with the price.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Considering the phase 3 ZL1s started around $100k, there really isn't much wrong with the price.

I was thinking the same thats not a bad price and there only going to continue to rise in price

Black
    98 Z28

I'd laugh in his face. $110K yeah he's smokin somethin, he needs to share whatever it is. Selfish bastard. I don't care if I did have the money I ain't payin that for a camaro. Why should I when I could have the ZR1 for that kind money.

red
    99 camaro ss

I would pay 100k for that car if i had money like that

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by red99camaross View Post

........and use the ZR1 as the tow vehicle.................

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by red99camaross View Post

Seriously, I love my Camaro, but my love stops for that price.

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

I don't know about that. I don't think you or I will see that car really worth six figures in our lifetime. The fact a collector car dealer has to put it on Ebay and no one is bidding on it leads me to believe it is way over priced at least in this economy. Plus you buy that car and all you can do is stare at it you certainly can't put any miles on it. If I'm going to stare at something I'd rather it be a 67 427 vette or a 69 z28 rs with cross ram but then i'm over 40!
    I think it will, look at the 69 ZL1, they made only 69 that year and no one back then thought theyd be worth as much as they are now. It may be marked up already and overpriced just because people have that mind set that it will be worth alot in the long run. If that car is already that much now just think how much it will be in 30 years. You also see more older ZL1s for sale than you do newer ones. I've seen the same 1969 cars sell back and forth between auction's 2 to 3 times or someone buys it at Mecum or Russo and turn around and sell it at barret jackson. And some idiots turn around and will put them on ebay maybe just to see how much he can run it up for, 90% would never even sell the car. But i just haven't seen many F-body ZR1's for sale or even Dick Harrel cars either.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

well he's got one bid

Black
    2001 SS Camaro SLP #3181

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    well he's got one bid

i wish it were me

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    I think it will, look at the 69 ZL1, they made only 69 that year and no one back then thought theyd be worth as much as they are now. It may be marked up already and overpriced just because people have that mind set that it will be worth alot in the long run. If that car is already that much now just think how much it will be in 30 years. You also see more older ZL1s for sale than you do newer ones. I've seen the same 1969 cars sell back and forth between auction's 2 to 3 times or someone buys it at Mecum or Russo and turn around and sell it at barret jackson. And some idiots turn around and will put them on ebay maybe just to see how much he can run it up for, 90% would never even sell the car. But i just haven't seen many F-body ZR1's for sale or even Dick Harrel cars either.
    I don't think that is a fair comparison. A 69 ZL1 is a factory built race car with an extremely rare engine. As nice as this car is it's just an 02 camaro with an aftermarket built LS6 and other aftermarket goodies we can all buy. Good luck finding an aluminum block 427 to build a 69 ZL1 clone.

Obviously someone places more value on it than I do as their is a bid. If there is a buyer for it than I guess it's worth that kind of money but to me it seems like way too much money. I can think of dozens of vehicles I'd rather have for that kind of money. It is one sweet 4th gen though.

Thread Information