Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Z28...or SS...which should I get?

This is a discussion on Z28...or SS...which should I get? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I found this on the web too....

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I found this on the web too.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    first off ss's only have about 10 more hp than the z's. definately not 20 more. i'd vote for the ss, but i may be a bit biased lol. i know how hard it is to find a good ss for a reasonable price, but just keep looking. it took me over a year of looking online everyday until i found my car. but i couldn't be happier with it. the ss's just look so much better with the hood scoop, and the spoiler too. if you do end up with a z28 i'd think about throwing a ss hood on there, but that'll run you close to $1000 for a functional one. might as well just wait a little longer for the real thing. a real ss will be worth more money later on than a z28 too.
    I like the z28 hood better myself. For a while I wanted a ss hood but the more i looked at the ss I was like nahhhhhh. Just my opinion.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I never thought I'd be able to get an SS, since they were always too expensive, but one day my dad called me and told me he found a SS on autotrader and the guy said he'd sell it to us for $12,000 with 46K miles on it. I couldn't pass that up and I've had my car for 14 months now. let me tell ya what, driving an SS makes you feel pretty badass. I see Z28s all over the place, but my car gets more attention due to the hood scoop and spoiler. Chicks dig hoodscoops.
    Damn your spoiled!!!!LOL at 18 I drove a old pickup truck but still got the play from the ladies!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    Damn your spoiled!!!!LOL at 18 I drove a old pickup truck but still got the play from the ladies!!
    haha, well if it makes you feel better I have to pay for it. : )

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Im just curious,,how much are your payments and insurance and what insurance company are you with? Sorry not trying to know your whole lifes story,,but ill be in the same boat as you one day. I dont plan on spending more than 16 for an SS.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am just joking with ya man. I couldnt imagine how much p***y I would have gotten with a car like you have!!!!! Makes me pissed at my parents!!! LOL

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

O by the way---That red SS you have is awsome man!!!! Sweet car!!! Red looks so good on these cars.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    O by the way---That red SS you have is awsome man!!!! Sweet car!!! Red looks so good on these cars.
    thanks! I always love to hear that!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    Im just curious,,how much are your payments and insurance and what insurance company are you with? Sorry not trying to know your whole lifes story,,but ill be in the same boat as you one day. I dont plan on spending more than 16 for an SS.
    well, technically, I don't really own my car, my dad does. that way I get the price of a 49 year old man. We go through state farm, not quite sure how much it costs tho, never really cared. not too bad tho since it's under my dad's name. I paid 12,000 for mine, I got way lucky, and my dad fronted me the money and we paid the previous owners in full. I put in 6,000 and my dad paid the other half. I pay it off whenever I can. I used to let him drive it whenever he wanted, but last time I did he went and got a speeding ticket. so now whenever he asks to drive my car I just say, "can you really afford another ticket?" and he changes his mind. I've driven the car for 14 months and not even been pulled over. he goes out for an hour and gets pulled over for going 15 miles over the speed limit. anyways, if you're a lucky SOB like me with parents who can/will help you out, go with it while you can.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

well, technically, I don't really own my car, my dad does. that way I get the price of a 49 year old man. We go through state farm, not quite sure how much it costs tho, never really cared. not too bad tho since it's under my dad's name. I paid 12,000 for mine, I got way lucky, and my dad fronted me the money and we paid the previous owners in full. I put in 6,000 and my dad paid the other half. I pay it off whenever I can. I used to let him drive it whenever he wanted, but last time I did he went and got a speeding ticket. so now whenever he asks to drive my car I just say, "can you really afford another ticket?" and he changes his mind. I've driven the car for 14 months and not even been pulled over. he goes out for an hour and gets pulled over for going 15 miles over the speed limit. anyways, if you're a lucky SOB like me with parents who can/will help you out, go with it while you can.
    Thats the same thing my dad and myself do on insurance. I payed my 2001 off in cash at time of purchase. But when he whats to drive it, I tell him he can't handle the power and to go drive his slow Corvette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by bevenue View Post
    Thats the same thing my dad and myself do on insurance. I payed my 2001 off in cash at time of purchase. But when he whats to drive it, I tell him he can't handle the power and to go drive his slow Corvette.
    haha, ya, my dad likes my car alot. He wants to get a new Camaro when they come out, but we already own 7 cars. so he probably wont.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

haha, ya, my dad likes my car alot. He wants to get a new Camaro when they come out, but we already own 7 cars. so he probably wont.
    Ya my dad wants a C6 vert. His birthday is coming up, so I might get him a Hotwheels. He already has a 86 vert pace car.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Okay, now for the next question. I really really want an m6, im not too shabby at driving a stick. But, I dont mine the a4,s. So, should I go with an M6 or A4?

That really depends on you. I have both the auto and manual and like them both.
    One of the drawbacks to the manual is the crappy rearend these cars come with. Manuals exploit weaknesses and the rearend is the biggest one. If you plan on mods, racing, or even spirited driving I recommend a rearend upgrade for sure. Even a stock motor with sticky tires can scatter the rearend.
    The other drawback is buying a used Fbody,,,problem is the manuals tend to be driven harder, and endure more abuse, just the nature of the people that like to drive manuals, especially in a car like this.

The auto's live a more cushy life, most people that bought these cars new with an auto trans bought the cars for cruisers more than anything, so they have seen less abuse as a whole. You tend to be able to find better cars with auto's, in better shape with less wear and tear.

Alot of people will say one is faster than the other but that really doesn't matter in the end,,,because most people modify these cars. They all become pretty damn quick regardless of the transmission in it.

Get something you will be happy with and enjoy driving it. Larry.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I have an automatic. I can drink soda while driving.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I can drink eat or what ever with my manual. It just depends on how talented you are.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

[668303]I can drink eat or what ever with my manual. It just depends on how talented you are.[/QUOTE]

tu che!

Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

Take a look at my Z28 and see if u still want an SS.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Got any pics?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Pics of my SS

Look @ my SS and tell me you still want a Z!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 03-25-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: posted the link the wrong way

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information