Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 137

Z28...or SS...which should I get?

This is a discussion on Z28...or SS...which should I get? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I found this on the web too....

  1. #61
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I found this on the web too.

  2. #62
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    first off ss's only have about 10 more hp than the z's. definately not 20 more. i'd vote for the ss, but i may be a bit biased lol. i know how hard it is to find a good ss for a reasonable price, but just keep looking. it took me over a year of looking online everyday until i found my car. but i couldn't be happier with it. the ss's just look so much better with the hood scoop, and the spoiler too. if you do end up with a z28 i'd think about throwing a ss hood on there, but that'll run you close to $1000 for a functional one. might as well just wait a little longer for the real thing. a real ss will be worth more money later on than a z28 too.
    I like the z28 hood better myself. For a while I wanted a ss hood but the more i looked at the ss I was like nahhhhhh. Just my opinion.

  3. #63
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I never thought I'd be able to get an SS, since they were always too expensive, but one day my dad called me and told me he found a SS on autotrader and the guy said he'd sell it to us for $12,000 with 46K miles on it. I couldn't pass that up and I've had my car for 14 months now. let me tell ya what, driving an SS makes you feel pretty badass. I see Z28s all over the place, but my car gets more attention due to the hood scoop and spoiler. Chicks dig hoodscoops.
    Damn your spoiled!!!!LOL at 18 I drove a old pickup truck but still got the play from the ladies!!

  4. #64
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    Damn your spoiled!!!!LOL at 18 I drove a old pickup truck but still got the play from the ladies!!
    haha, well if it makes you feel better I have to pay for it. : )

  5. #65
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    haha, well if it makes you feel better I have to pay for it. : )

    Im just curious,,how much are your payments and insurance and what insurance company are you with? Sorry not trying to know your whole lifes story,,but ill be in the same boat as you one day. I dont plan on spending more than 16 for an SS.

  6. #66
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    haha, well if it makes you feel better I have to pay for it. : )
    I am just joking with ya man. I couldnt imagine how much p***y I would have gotten with a car like you have!!!!! Makes me pissed at my parents!!! LOL

  7. #67
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,328

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    O by the way---That red SS you have is awsome man!!!! Sweet car!!! Red looks so good on these cars.

  8. #68
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by deadbydawn421 View Post
    O by the way---That red SS you have is awsome man!!!! Sweet car!!! Red looks so good on these cars.
    thanks! I always love to hear that!

  9. #69
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    Im just curious,,how much are your payments and insurance and what insurance company are you with? Sorry not trying to know your whole lifes story,,but ill be in the same boat as you one day. I dont plan on spending more than 16 for an SS.
    well, technically, I don't really own my car, my dad does. that way I get the price of a 49 year old man. We go through state farm, not quite sure how much it costs tho, never really cared. not too bad tho since it's under my dad's name. I paid 12,000 for mine, I got way lucky, and my dad fronted me the money and we paid the previous owners in full. I put in 6,000 and my dad paid the other half. I pay it off whenever I can. I used to let him drive it whenever he wanted, but last time I did he went and got a speeding ticket. so now whenever he asks to drive my car I just say, "can you really afford another ticket?" and he changes his mind. I've driven the car for 14 months and not even been pulled over. he goes out for an hour and gets pulled over for going 15 miles over the speed limit. anyways, if you're a lucky SOB like me with parents who can/will help you out, go with it while you can.

  10. #70
    Member bevenue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Age
    30
    Posts
    346

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    well, technically, I don't really own my car, my dad does. that way I get the price of a 49 year old man. We go through state farm, not quite sure how much it costs tho, never really cared. not too bad tho since it's under my dad's name. I paid 12,000 for mine, I got way lucky, and my dad fronted me the money and we paid the previous owners in full. I put in 6,000 and my dad paid the other half. I pay it off whenever I can. I used to let him drive it whenever he wanted, but last time I did he went and got a speeding ticket. so now whenever he asks to drive my car I just say, "can you really afford another ticket?" and he changes his mind. I've driven the car for 14 months and not even been pulled over. he goes out for an hour and gets pulled over for going 15 miles over the speed limit. anyways, if you're a lucky SOB like me with parents who can/will help you out, go with it while you can.
    Thats the same thing my dad and myself do on insurance. I payed my 2001 off in cash at time of purchase. But when he whats to drive it, I tell him he can't handle the power and to go drive his slow Corvette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

  11. #71
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by bevenue View Post
    Thats the same thing my dad and myself do on insurance. I payed my 2001 off in cash at time of purchase. But when he whats to drive it, I tell him he can't handle the power and to go drive his slow Corvette.
    haha, ya, my dad likes my car alot. He wants to get a new Camaro when they come out, but we already own 7 cars. so he probably wont.

  12. #72
    Member bevenue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Age
    30
    Posts
    346

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    haha, ya, my dad likes my car alot. He wants to get a new Camaro when they come out, but we already own 7 cars. so he probably wont.
    Ya my dad wants a C6 vert. His birthday is coming up, so I might get him a Hotwheels. He already has a 86 vert pace car.

  13. #73
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Okay, now for the next question. I really really want an m6, im not too shabby at driving a stick. But, I dont mine the a4,s. So, should I go with an M6 or A4?

  14. #74
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    That really depends on you. I have both the auto and manual and like them both.
    One of the drawbacks to the manual is the crappy rearend these cars come with. Manuals exploit weaknesses and the rearend is the biggest one. If you plan on mods, racing, or even spirited driving I recommend a rearend upgrade for sure. Even a stock motor with sticky tires can scatter the rearend.
    The other drawback is buying a used Fbody,,,problem is the manuals tend to be driven harder, and endure more abuse, just the nature of the people that like to drive manuals, especially in a car like this.

    The auto's live a more cushy life, most people that bought these cars new with an auto trans bought the cars for cruisers more than anything, so they have seen less abuse as a whole. You tend to be able to find better cars with auto's, in better shape with less wear and tear.

    Alot of people will say one is faster than the other but that really doesn't matter in the end,,,because most people modify these cars. They all become pretty damn quick regardless of the transmission in it.

    Get something you will be happy with and enjoy driving it. Larry.

  15. #75
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    I have an automatic. I can drink soda while driving.

  16. #76
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I can drink eat or what ever with my manual. It just depends on how talented you are.

  17. #77
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    [668303]I can drink eat or what ever with my manual. It just depends on how talented you are.[/QUOTE]

    tu che!

  18. #78
    Junior Member Albert87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fresno CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61

    Red
    2000 Z28 Camaro M6

    Take a look at my Z28 and see if u still want an SS.

  19. #79
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Got any pics?

  20. #80
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Thumbs up

    Pics of my SS

    Look @ my SS and tell me you still want a Z!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 03-25-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: posted the link the wrong way

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •