Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Z28...or SS...which should I get?

This is a discussion on Z28...or SS...which should I get? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; That SS hood looks like the car is coming to kick your ass...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

That SS hood looks like the car is coming to kick your ass

LOL,,,thats funny,,,especially the WS6 hoods that is in your signature. They look hungry. I believe there used to be a comercial like that where the WS6 is at a light and eats a foreign car of some sort. Pretty funny stuff.

ya 7camaro7,,,the dyno doesn't do much of anything for a ram air setup,,,you really won't see the improvements,,,the dragstrip where the car is moving at speed is where ram air is tested more effectively. It's where I prefer to do any and all experimenting anyway. Larry.

Black
    02 SS #8850

Go SS

Black
    2000 / SS

I fell in the love with SS a few years ago when I got to ride in a friend of my dad's... I finaly set my heart on buying one and I had to drive to PA to get a good one. I live in Richmond, VA... 9 hours later (round trip) i am the proud owner of a 2000 SS ... It's worth the trip man! SS all the way

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

[QUOTE=Firebirdjones;666204]LOL,,,thats funny,,,especially the WS6 hoods that is in your signature. They look hungry. I believe there used to be a comercial like that where the WS6 is at a light and eats a foreign car of some sort. Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah there was a commercial where the Trans am eats another car lol. I don't have my F-body yet, WS6's are very hard to come by in Orlando for decent prices, a 99 WS6 will sell for 13-14k with 90k miles, a 99 SS that puts down 390 to the wheels will sell for 11k with 90k and IM GOING TO GO LOOK AT IT TOMORROW!!

Excitement.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboycntdnce View Post
    I fell in the love with SS a few years ago when I got to ride in a friend of my dad's... I finaly set my heart on buying one and I had to drive to PA to get a good one. I live in Richmond, VA... 9 hours later (round trip) i am the proud owner of a 2000 SS ... It's worth the trip man! SS all the way
    mine was 26 hrs round trip I flew part of the way there and drove the whole way back hahaha My car was better than the one they put on ebay which was a misrepresentation. On ebay my car didn't have cme and it was silver. I did get an authentic SS though I've got the window stickers and all kinds of stuff that came with it so I really got Blessed!

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

I Love The Look Of The Ss (i Know Its Been Said A Baggilion Times Allready In This Thread) But I Got The Chance To Get A Hugger Z With Low Miles For A Good Price.......with Research And A Lot Of Patience I Have Found Ss Hoods For 430 Shipped And Spoilers For 210 Shipped. I Plan On Doing Some Things Different Then The Factory Ss Had....like Better Suspension And Wheels. Which You Notice A Lot Of Guys With Ss Doing. Why By The Expensive Car When All Your Doing Is Paying More For Something You Will Replace For Something Better?
    1998 Trans Am Vert, M6, Soon to be full of goodies......

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

Unless You Are Keeping It Stock Then By All Meens Get The Ss

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by schrysler View Post
    I Love The Look Of The Ss (i Know Its Been Said A Baggilion Times Allready In This Thread) But I Got The Chance To Get A Hugger Z With Low Miles For A Good Price.......with Research And A Lot Of Patience I Have Found Ss Hoods For 430 Shipped And Spoilers For 210 Shipped. I Plan On Doing Some Things Different Then The Factory Ss Had....like Better Suspension And Wheels. Which You Notice A Lot Of Guys With Ss Doing. Why By The Expensive Car When All Your Doing Is Paying More For Something You Will Replace For Something Better?

Pretty much the same thing I did with my T/A. I like the WS6 hood, but after owning a 02 WS6 I didn't see the point in spending the extra cash for what I wanted to change anyway. The WS6/SS is only slightly better than the T/A or Z28 stock.

white
    2000 camaro ss

try to get 2001 or 2002. they come with ls6 intake with no EGR. also the cam is different. and who knows u might get lucky and find 1 with an ls6 block cuz for 01 & 02 they had so many ls6 blocks made that they didn't know what to do with them so they threw em in camaros.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Mine got the LS6 block!

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by doctorslp View Post
    try to get 2001 or 2002. they come with ls6 intake with no EGR. also the cam is different. and who knows u might get lucky and find 1 with an ls6 block cuz for 01 & 02 they had so many ls6 blocks made that they didn't know what to do with them so they threw em in camaros.

Will there be an LS6 RPO code?

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Mine got the LS6 block!
    how would i know if mine has one in it?????????

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

You can check the part number that's stamped in to the back of the block. There was also a "bulls eye" on the LS1 block that isn't on the LS6 block. That's the easy way to tell. If you have a bulls eye you have a LS1 block and none you have the LS6. It would be on a flat part on the block below the passenger side head in the front. If you google it there is pics and part numbers and more info.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

You can check the part number that's stamped in to the back of the block. There was also a "bulls eye" on the LS1 block that isn't on the LS6 block. That's the easy way to tell. If you have a bulls eye you have a LS1 block and none you have the LS6. It would be on a flat part on the block below the passenger side head in the front. If you google it there is pics and part numbers and more info.
    do u know the web site i dont know what it looks like

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry01ss View Post
    do u know the web site i dont know what it looks like
    I don't remember. It was years ago when I looked at it. I'll see if I can find it.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

I don't remember. It was years ago when I looked at it. I'll see if I can find it.
    thanks, when u have an LS6 block what are the benefits????

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

well from all the threads I've read on this website, the general consent of the more knowledgable f-body owners say that the hood only gives 1% more power over 100 MPH, so it's mainly there for looks, but I think the hood weighs less, and every little bit helps. Every time I open my hood I look at how nice and well made the hood is, it's like a showcar stock, so I think that could be part of the reason why they are so damn expensive. I love my SS, but I would be just fine with a Z28. It's all good. I love Trans Ams too. I pretty much love all F-bodies.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I found this link. http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18997 You can sign up for their site to see the pics. I didn't so I'm not sure if it's the right pics or not. 12561168 is the part number I found.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

So if I were to get an 01-02 WS6 T/A w/ ram air would I pretty much be guranteed the LS6? I like the SS's and the WS6's they both kick ass...and its still General Motors.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information