Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Z28 Prototype on Nurburgring.

This is a discussion on Z28 Prototype on Nurburgring. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by raynor139 It will also be several hundred pounds lighter then the current zeta platform. Of course, that's ...

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    It will also be several hundred pounds lighter then the current zeta platform.
    Of course, that's the only reason it appeals to me

I look forward to seeing the styling, hopefully the interior will do more for me than the current car's

The Z28 looks and sounds good from what I can see and hear in the video. I love seeing GM muscle running around on Germany's streets wearing Michigan plates

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

that cadillac alpha platform there. is that gonna be a hatch or simply have the shortest trunk lid deck of any production car ever made

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That checkered paint job hurts my eyes...

Pewter
    99 z28

yoooo does anybody kno what time it ran around the fulll Nuringburg track?!?! I think its a good swap they did I just dont like the checkered flag paint job I think either white with just black doors and a hood would have looked better than this. its kinda of homo lookin lol. but looks like it should be a pretty mean ride.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    yoooo does anybody kno what time it ran around the fulll Nuringburg track?!?! I think its a good swap they did I just dont like the checkered flag paint job I think either white with just black doors and a hood would have looked better than this. its kinda of homo lookin lol. but looks like it should be a pretty mean ride.
    The cars times have not been released yet as all the specs on the car havent even been relased.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It's obviously meant to help cover up the specific physical features of the Z28 version.

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    It's obviously meant to help cover up the specific physical features of the Z28 version.
    Apparently DVrec21 hasn't seen too many concept cars

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    http://www.lsxtv.com/news/z28-update...rgring/?ref=nf
    Amazing. At 1:25, you can definitely here the supercharger whine a little as he accelerates onto the track. Sounds so good!!!
    footage of the new z28 on the track!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That checkered paint job hurts my eyes...
    It's just a vinyl wrap they use so that the new body styling doesnt get revealed. It makes it so that you cant tell how the body is underneath by using a pattern that blurs the body lines and hurts your eyes.
    It's a vinyl wrap to cover the new body.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Apparently DVrec21 hasn't seen too many concept cars
    Srsly.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    It's just a vinyl wrap they use so that the new body styling doesnt get revealed. It makes it so that you cant tell how the body is underneath by using a pattern that blurs the body lines and hurts your eyes.
    Yeah, I get that. And, it hurts my eyes

I used to live near Detroit so I would see the test cars running around from time to time with Manufacturer plates and occasionally in the checkers. My first look at the current Escalade was in checkers.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Yeah, I get that. And, it hurts my eyes
    Then it's doing its job, lol.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    I used to live near Detroit so I would see the test cars running around from time to time with Manufacturer plates and occasionally in the checkers. My first look at the current Escalade was in checkers.
    I live close, so I see GM and Chryslers all the time driving around in checkers. PLUS the Ford prooving grounds are right in our backyard so we see checkered up Fords all the time. It angers me when your brain can't tell you where the body lines are because the checkers are confusing your eyes.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would like to see the CTS V motor put in it since it needs something to make you want to spend the extra money I'm sure.it will cost considering the price of a loaded SS. Also I saw a caddy couple the other week at a meet it was a Hennesey car and have to say it looked.and sounded great. Be at the top of my list if I had the cash.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It is gonna have the CTS-V motor put in it and supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I would like to see the CTS V motor put in it since it needs something to make you want to spend the extra money I'm sure.it will cost considering the price of a loaded SS. Also I saw a caddy couple the other week at a meet it was a Hennesey car and have to say it looked.and sounded great. Be at the top of my list if I had the cash.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Nice!! BUT I agree with the earlier post; The camaro at about 200-400lbs lighter will really change the game.....Currently the new camaro's weight is its major fault. This fault really prevents it from handling at a level thats barely on par with vehicles such as the 2011 5.0 Mustang GT. It's just too heavy. Heck, our 98-02 f-bodies have a 300-400lb weight advantage over it; Just an observation.........

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It probably is faster around the track, the best time in a zr1 is only 5 seconds faster than the best in the GTR. That doesnt mean its better though. Its better at certain thing over the zr1 and the zr1 is better at certain things than the GTR.
    no. it's been tested head to head by motortrend, and the thing the gtr did better than the zr1 was being a nissan.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Yea, anything that comes out of that Hennessey shop will be a beast. I saw a video where they did the 1/4 mile test on the CSTV 700, and the car launced with such force that it called the On Star place believing it had been in a rear end collision, lol.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    no. it's been tested head to head by motortrend, and the thing the gtr did better than the zr1 was being a nissan.
    I was refering to more than performance capabilities, also i was comparing it to a camaro z28 now a zr1. The reason i mentioned the zr1 was to say the gtr will probably be faster around the ring than the Z28 because its not that far behind the zr1

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I was refering to more than performance capabilities, also i was comparing it to a camaro z28 now a zr1. The reason i mentioned the zr1 was to say the gtr will probably be faster around the ring than the Z28 because its not that far behind the zr1
    Comparing the Z28 with the GTR, more than likely, is and will be a moot point. With similar weight, the power advantage of the Z28 will be nearly worthless against the GTR's technology. Freeway rolls will be the only place where the Z28 will get the Nissan, IMHO, or maybe in drag races up to 150. At the 1/4-mile mark, a GTR and a V are about 2mph apart, so I would be inclined to believe that with less weight than the CTS-V and more power than the GTR, the Z28 might be a match for the GTR after the 1/4. This is all assuming that the Camaro doesn't gain a significant amount of weight in its jump from SS to Z28.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information