Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Z and SS Difference?

This is a discussion on Z and SS Difference? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by samson_420 I always wondered why there was a advertised HP difference. Since both the SS and the ...

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I always wondered why there was a advertised HP difference. Since both the SS and the z28 have the same identical drive train.

So now I know that was true GM advertising garbage.
    Pretty much sums it up.

Wink

stripped optioned Z28= B4C not the prettiest, but surely one of the fastest!!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

trying hard not to laugh as more people keep finding this out lol,,,

not laughing at anyone just simply laughing,

okay like stated the z also has the same powersteering cooler,

and as for the fastest NON GMMG camaro, my money is on the stripper SS from slp its a stage 3 camaro roll up windows and all the slp options
    options included.
    auburn rear diff
    345 hp pkg
    exhaust
    blackwing intake
    bilsteins
    subframes
    stb
    and of course lighter,

that my friends is probably the fastest non GMMG f body

my 02 has all the options stated above except the bilsteins, i dont know how my car didnt get those, oh well

Wink

stripped SS vs. B4C -cost factor???? i'll take a B4C ($7000-12000) and do my own repairs..

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol, i would love to have a stripped out ss, maybe even give my left nut,

stripped out z aint nothing special just no options at all, not very cool or collectible, but we arent talking about value or money here so... the ss is the top dog.

fastest in the 1/4, and handles better and could quite possible stop better due to the bigger shoes given by the factory, although the gains are minimal for the price of the package its still out performs

ok, we'll there's not vary many B4C's around, if any...and when there up 4 auction here in ca. people come from other states just too bid...so, i think there be worth some money, and they probably handle,stop.and do the .25 just as well....if there good enough 4 the CHP, there good enough 4 me..

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 02B4CZ28 View Post
    ok, we'll there's not vary many B4C's around, if any...and when there up 4 auction here in ca. people come from other states just too bid...so, i think there be worth some money, and they probably handle,stop.and do the .25 just as well....if there good enough 4 the CHP, there good enough 4 me..
    Are you serious? The gvt. goes with the lowest bids, not the most collectible, fastest, rarest, etc.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

by the time the chp gets done with their camaros, well they are all slowly turning up no from 75k on up those cars are worth nothing, maybe 6k,

and in the years to come only we can speculate on what will be more collectible and im not saying that a mint b4c wouldnt be kinda cool im just saying i doubt it will fetch more than a stage 3 stripper ss.

how many have you seen of those? or have you even heard of one?

yes i am serious, i think your getting off the original post..what i'm saying is that, the B4C is a stripped down Z28, that will run stock 4 stock against any ss.and us B4C guys paid a fraction of what an ss cost, thats all.. resale- i see alot of ss for sale, but hardly any B4C's....and the govt. does test there cars, its not always the LOWEST price...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by 02B4CZ28 View Post
    yes i am serious, i think your getting off the original post..what i'm saying is that, the B4C is a stripped down Z28, that will run stock 4 stock against any ss.and us B4C guys paid a fraction of what an ss cost, thats all.. resale- i see alot of ss for sale, but hardly any B4C's....and the govt. does test there cars, its not always the LOWEST price...
    any z will run with a ss. same engine and so forth,

BUT its the slp optioned ss that have a little more kick to them.

tell you what we will test your theory out on thurs, go to irwindale and run my stock ss, well see which one is faster.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

no matter how many times I hear it, I still prefer the WS6 and the SS over their lower trim counterparts.

I know they are 99.99% the same. But damn does my nostrils look sexy

And one could argue just throw an aftermarket hood on it. But to me, its not the same.

so I am a proud owner of a WS6--

and yes i have been beaten by a nose by a z28 with cloth interior. So I know the stripped down model is just a tad quicker.

Then again I beat a 99 C5 auto-- so it really is a driver's race.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Liquid Red

go to irwindale??? i could care less who wins what i said time & time again, is that the B4C's are ALOT cheaper than an SS and will run with them!!!! me and my sleeper(B4C), don't need to prove anything especially at a .8 mile track.... remember these cars depreciate alot, and in my opinion the B4C is the 'BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!'

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

If people are cool using roll up windows and manual locks, more power to them, But I am just slightly spoiled by technology and seems how my first car was an 82 Lynx and I believe it had power windows and locks. I know my 86 celebrity did. I can't see myself going to crank windows and manual locks just to save 20 lbs or so in a car.

I like my keyless entry and power windows. It has become second nature. It is like the Internet or cell phones. I just consider it is almost a necessity.

i don't know about other states, but CHP B4C have p/w & locks, they look like a white V6 camaro, ie: same 16" wheels, hard-top, cloth and drilled holes on the front fender try "google" chp camaros (video)..

Red
    2001 ws6

ill take a ws6 or ss any day over a "plain jane" T/A or z28.....i kno its mostly appearence but its still much sexier

ya those WS6 look COOL....wish i could afford one...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    stripped out z aint nothing special just no options at all, not very cool or collectible, but we arent talking about value or money here so... the ss is the top dog.

fastest in the 1/4, and handles better and could quite possible stop better due to the bigger shoes given by the factory, although the gains are minimal for the price of the package its still out performs
    a stripper Z/28 is faster than an SS because of weight.
    also be it a SS, FIREHAWK, WS6 or TRANS AM, no car is really faster than the other, its been proven time and time again
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black

any z will run with a ss. same engine and so forth,

BUT its the slp optioned ss that have a little more kick to them.

tell you what we will test your theory out on thurs, go to irwindale and run my stock ss, well see which one is faster.

above has been tested. whoever gets the better launch wins.
    the only kick the SS is giving the owner is the price.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    above has been tested. whoever gets the better launch wins.
    the only kick the SS is giving the owner is the price.

well, hmmm let me see here, you may be right about the better launch theory, but any dumb ass knows the bigger the tires the more traction you get,

no the only way this theory isnt true is in cars that dont have enought power to even spin them, Not the case in our F bodys.

and there is no way no how, how a z28 with smaller tires can run with a stock ss around a road course or a drag strip,.

and yes b4c do give you more bang for your buck, no one here is arguing that,

so if your car has pwr windows and locks, then besides the t tops what kind of weight diff do you have, i understand that the ss wheels and tires weigh more, but thats about it,

so like i said a stripper stage 3 slp ss will blow the doors off your b4c, because that one is actually lighter,

black

well, hmmm let me see here, you may be right about the better launch theory, but any dumb ass knows the bigger the tires the more traction you get,

wider tires does not mean they will be better. its the rubber that makes a difference as any dumbass would know.

the tires they put on the Z or the SS both suck anyways.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information