Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

z-MAX

This is a discussion on z-MAX within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS Not very long ago, and he was quiet about it. He's still very reputable, I still ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Not very long ago, and he was quiet about it. He's still very reputable, I still recommend him anyway
    So do I, but thanks for the info. as long as the mods dont get but hurt about it>

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    you could go to 4:10's and would notice a difference. i stayed with the 3:73's but thats up to you.
    4:10's will put a lot of strain on that stock 10-bolt though... especially if you're still running stock torque arm....if you're worried about keeping you're rear end going for a while longer, I'd stay with what you have, and change fluid often!!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

but with 4:10's wouldnt i lose top end speend and gas mileage? im already having gas issues as it is hahaha...
    "BOATS & HOES"

Stock
    2002 Camaro

4:10's will put a lot of strain on that stock 10-bolt though... especially if you're still running stock torque arm....if you're worried about keeping you're rear end going for a while longer, I'd stay with what you have, and change fluid often!!

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

So do I, but thanks for the info. as long as the mods dont get but hurt about it>
    I don't think they will. I think we all pretty much feel the same about Sam. He's straight up da coolest

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by -Hot Sause- View Post
    but with 4:10's wouldnt i lose top end speend and gas mileage? im already having gas issues as it is hahaha...
    Unless you plan on racing it all the time. stick with the 3:73's. yes you would lose top end (not much). Not so much the gas mileage though. lower gears = less work for the engine. unless your smashing it every where

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Yes, and yes. But the top end speed wouldn't really matter in the 1/4 mile, only if you plan on running 155+, which I doubt. But it will hurt your mileage a little

Stock
    2002 Camaro

i would think that it wouldnt but i dont have any first hand experence, thanks for the info
    Last edited by Dr.Crash; 02-20-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Unless you plan on racing it all the time. stick with the 3:73's. yes you would lose top end (not much). Not so much the gas mileage though. lower gears = less work for the engine. unless your smashing it every where
    Right and wrong.... with 4:10's you will be running at just about 2k in 6th gear at highway speeds. Whereas stock you would be closer to 1.5k

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Right and wrong.... with 4:10's you will be running at just about 2k in 6th gear at highway speeds. Whereas stock you would be closer to 1.5k
    Thats where mines at anyway..... oh wait im always doin 80

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

good to know that sounds about right.. in 6th gear i am about 1.5.. i think i will just stick with the 3:73 atleast until my rear end takes a shit on me haha which i hope it doesnt, atleast for a while..im gonna take it to my dads shop this weekend and change the rear end fluid...

also i have been noticing that sometimes its pretty tough to put into gear ( the clutch grinds up ) unless i pump the clutch pedal a few times then it goes in smooth as a babys butt.. you think i might need a new clutch? with that being said i have the stock shifter in there as well and i swear it is the longest throw ever.. i was thinking about getting a hurst short throw? any suggestions on that?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

good to know that sounds about right.. in 6th gear i am about 1.5.. i think i will just stick with the 3:73 atleast until my rear end takes a shit on me haha which i hope it doesnt, atleast for a while..im gonna take it to my dads shop this weekend and change the rear end fluid...

also i have been noticing that sometimes its pretty tough to put into gear ( the clutch grinds up ) unless i pump the clutch pedal a few times then it goes in smooth as a babys butt.. you think i might need a new clutch? with that being said i have the stock shifter in there as well and i swear it is the longest throw ever.. i was thinking about getting a hurst short throw? any suggestions on that?
    I would go with a Pro 5.0 shifter, it has a neat little mechanism that helps your 2-3 throw, and it's a little better than the Hurst IMO. Also, I had to replace my whole clutch system shortly after I bought my car, so my advice would be to get an LS7 clutch kit, and when you do, replace EVERYTHING, slave, master, everything. So you won't have to mess with it again until you are above the 450hp mark. It sounds like your slave may be giving out as we speak.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

yeah i was thinking it was my slave as well... do you have a L7 clutch kit yourself?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

+1 on the Pro 5.0

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

theres atleast $1k right there haha

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

yeah i was thinking it was my slave as well... do you have a L7 clutch kit yourself?
    Sure do, have had it for about or a little over 40k miles now, with no issues. BTW, I'm at 148k with my stock rear end, so they're not all bad. I'm just one of the lucky ones. However, she's starting to whine on sharp turns. May just need a fluid change.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Stock
    2002 Camaro

theres atleast $1k right there haha
    KySpeed has the LS7 kits for $470 shipped last i checked

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

KySpeed has the LS7 kits for $470 shipped last i checked
    +130 for the slave, at least 100 for the master, +shipping, + labor if you don't do it yourself....so yeah, about a thousand dollars. I'd start saving now if you're already having issues. That would be my first set of mods

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

It's all you Crash. This is my birthday weekend, so I probably won't be on much. You guys have a fun safe weekend! I'm going to the Darryl Starbird car show in Tulsa this weekend, among other things

Stock
    2002 Camaro

It's all you Crash. This is my birthday weekend, so I probably won't be on much. You guys have a fun safe weekend! I'm going to the Darryl Starbird car show in Tulsa this weekend, among other things
    Happy birthday! have one for me. Those are some pretty big shoes to try and fill. dont know if im up to it......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information