Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

z-MAX

This is a discussion on z-MAX within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; +1 on that. i wouldnt use spacers either....

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

+1 on that. i wouldnt use spacers either.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Yeah i hear whatyour saying about the stud length.. my dad was saying the same thing that it shortens it and risking a chance of your wheel coming off if you hit a pot hole or something.. but if i did want to put a spacer ( which would be my last resort ) then how would i go about getting longer studs? I just have no idea why they are rubbing in the back...

also have you had any issues with your rear end crapping on you? i just have the stock rear end on now, but my dad said that they are pieces of crap.. and my brothers rear end shit on him as well.. any thoughts on that?
    "BOATS & HOES"

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

what if i tried bending the wheel well out where its rubbing? you think that would help or make a difference or is there another option?

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by -Hot Sause- View Post
    Yeah i hear whatyour saying about the stud length.. my dad was saying the same thing that it shortens it and risking a chance of your wheel coming off if you hit a pot hole or something.. but if i did want to put a spacer ( which would be my last resort ) then how would i go about getting longer studs? I just have no idea why they are rubbing in the back...

also have you had any issues with your rear end crapping on you? i just have the stock rear end on now, but my dad said that they are pieces of crap.. and my brothers rear end shit on him as well.. any thoughts on that?
    Probably can get studs with the spacers as a package. That being said, I have no idea where you could buy spacers, never shopped for any myself.

As far as the rear ends, they are notorious for crapping out, even under a stock platform.....so be ready. Moser 9" or 12 bolt is the way to go, if you've got the cash to fork out for them, as they run anywhere from $2-3k

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

what if i tried bending the wheel well out where its rubbing? you think that would help or make a difference or is there another option?
    You'll probably want to take a hammer, and tap it out, rather than bending. It takes longer, but it's cleaner.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Sorry about all the questions.. this is my first camaro and i only got it a month ago.. this is my new toy and hobby.. my camaro is pretty much stock except the cat back exhaust..

wheres a good place to start upgrading? im not made of money.. so just some things to start for now... my rear end is fine right now but i will keep that advise handy just in case...

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Sorry about all the questions.. this is my first camaro and i only got it a month ago.. this is my new toy and hobby.. my camaro is pretty much stock except the cat back exhaust..

wheres a good place to start upgrading? im not made of money.. so just some things to start for now... my rear end is fine right now but i will keep that advise handy just in case...

No worries, it's good to get as much info as possible before you go tearing into your car

Well, you living in my Mom's birth city tells me one thing... you can't really touch your exhaust legally.... soooo, I would start with your intake, if you don't already have a K & N filter or similar, and a lid. Find the sticky on here for the free mods, that'll give you some minor gains as well. And the stock suspension can always use upgrades. I recommend talking with Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com for that suspension kind of stuff. I'm sure others will chime in on cheap mods.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I;m making just over 400 at the wheels, and so far my rear end has taken the beating. but they are known to give out pretty quickly. When i put my 295's in i had to "massage" the rear wells out just a little. that might be where you wnat to start. As far as mods, it depends what you want and how much you wanna spend. alot of people start with a lid and catback. you've already got one of those.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Last edited by Dr.Crash; 02-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

What do you mean i cant do too much to the exhaust? i would be able to put a loud mouth kit or any type of exhaust kit? i already have a K&N with a lid.. that was the first thing i did.. as far as the suspension goes does that company have pretty good prices or something or why do you reccomend him? and what intake would you recomend using? how about headers? or is that not even nessesary, i heard the stock headers work and perform just fine?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

What do you mean i cant do too much to the exhaust? i would be able to put a loud mouth kit or any type of exhaust kit? i already have a K&N with a lid.. that was the first thing i did.. as far as the suspension goes does that company have pretty good prices or something or why do you reccomend him? and what intake would you recomend using? how about headers? or is that not even nessesary, i heard the stock headers work and perform just fine?
    You can't get long tube headers, or cut your cats off, and pass inspections. I think the best you could do is get higher flowing cats... Stock manifolds are about 25hp or so below a good set of long tubes, so yeah, there is power to be had if you stay stock.

And I recommend Sam because he won't bullshit you into buying something you don't need. He will tell you to call him, so that you can discuss exactly what you are trying to do, and your budget, so he can get you the right stuff. And he's won several races himself, in his Camaro. Check out his website, it's all there.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Well he is talking about California smog laws. since i live in cali i feel your pain. LT headers would net you a good amount of power, but are not smog legal. Strano is one of our site sponsors, and he has great prices. as far as intakes go, an LS6 would net you some power but in the long run the FAST would be better.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

thanks for those links.. very helpful and good info!

i have 3:73 gears in now.. do you think its a perfect size gear for my tires?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    You can't get long tube headers, or cut your cats off, and pass inspections. I think the best you could do is get higher flowing cats... Stock manifolds are about 25hp or so below a good set of long tubes, so yeah, there is power to be had if you stay stock.

And I recommend Sam because he won't bullshit you into buying something you don't need. He will tell you to call him, so that you can discuss exactly what you are trying to do, and your budget, so he can get you the right stuff. And he's won several races himself, in his Camaro. Check out his website, it's all there.
    you beat me to it!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

ok perfect..

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Well he is talking about California smog laws. since i live in cali i feel your pain. LT headers would net you a good amount of power, but are not smog legal. Strano is one of our site sponsors, and he has great prices. as far as intakes go, an LS6 would net you some power but in the long run the FAST would be better.
    He pulled his sponsorship here, but he's still sponsoring Tech. He said he wasn't making many, if any, gains from here. But he's still a member I think.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

thanks for those links.. very helpful and good info!

i have 3:73 gears in now.. do you think its a perfect size gear for my tires?
    you could go to 4:10's and would notice a difference. i stayed with the 3:73's but thats up to you.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

you beat me to it!
    Yeah, but I missed the intake part Good show.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    He pulled his sponsorship here, but he's still sponsoring Tech. He said he wasn't making many, if any, gains from here. But he's still a member I think.
    When did that happen? am i that retarded?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

When did that happen? am i that retarded?
    Not very long ago, and he was quiet about it. He's still very reputable, I still recommend him anyway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information