Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: z-MAX

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

z-MAX

Just put some zmax fuel/ engine cleaner in today.. anybody try this product or get any good results?

also quick question.. i think i have some type of fuel problem.. im only getting about 40miles per 1/4 tank of gas.. to me that sounds kind of bogus.. any thoughts or anything would be appreciated!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by -Hot Sause- View Post
    Just put some zmax fuel/ engine cleaner in today.. anybody try this product or get any good results?

also quick question.. i think i have some type of fuel problem.. im only getting about 40miles per 1/4 tank of gas.. to me that sounds kind of bogus.. any thoughts or anything would be appreciated!

you have a lead foot? i get about 200 to a tank. how much freeway/city street driving do you do? a4/m6? it all really depends,

My buddy put z-max in his truck and he said ran it like a bat out of hell. I put it in my car but I haven't stood on it yet to see if it changed anything.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Its all pretty much stock except the exhaust.. and i only drive it to and from work which is about 5 minutes of street time and 10 minutes of freeway time... so i dont get why im getting such crappy gas mileage
    "BOATS & HOES"

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Its all pretty much stock except the exhaust.. and i only drive it to and from work which is about 5 minutes of street time and 10 minutes of freeway time... so i dont get why im getting such crappy gas mileage
    how long have you had the car? did you notice it started after something happened? i know that i drive alot less freeway then i used to and now i get worse mileage.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I use it on every internal combustion engine I own.

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Maybe it's time for a new fuel filter?? Or u can try a tune up. Change sparks/wires/oil. Check tire pressure, and remove any extra weight u have in the car. Speaker systems and what not in the back add weight, causing ur gas mileage to go down. Just some advice.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

ive had the car about a month.. but i just started noticing it after filling the tank up a couple of times.. i dont think i have a fuel line leak.. maybe it does just need a new filter.. ive already flushed the whole cars fluids and changed the spark plugs/wires, cap and rotors, etc..

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Did you see/hear the news lately, a used car was seeming to not get good mpg by the gauge and then they found a bunch of weed in the gas tank from a previous owner taking up the tank space.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

ive had the car about a month.. but i just started noticing it after filling the tank up a couple of times.. i dont think i have a fuel line leak.. maybe it does just need a new filter.. ive already flushed the whole cars fluids and changed the spark plugs/wires, cap and rotors, etc..
    Maybe your injectors are dirty. do you have a m6 or a4? i would deff change the fuel filter just cause its easy and cheap. does it have stock wheels and tires? If someone put bigger or smaller wheels/tires, and didnt change it on the computer it would show in the millage. just a thought

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

i have a 99 z28 6 speed.. so im guessing a m6? but yes i do have 285/40/18 in the rear and 245/35/18 in the front.. im going to change the filter today and see if that helps

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Those sizes sound like they would cause an ABS/TRACTION issue because of different tire diameters front to rear setting codes but not a mpg problem.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

I have no issues what so ever with the abs/traction.. none at all.. and surprisingly enough it handles really well... i think i want to change the size of the front tires ( kind of big ) right? it sits really tought though and looks good as well...

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Those sizes sound like they would cause an ABS/TRACTION issue because of different tire diameters front to rear setting codes but not a mpg problem.
    Im not saying that would cause the millage to drop. Im saying that if you dont tell the computer there is a different tire size the speedo will be off and so will the mileage. the tire size doesnt affect the engines millage, just what the odometer displays. i had the same problem. at one point i was getting 100 miles to the tank... not really only 100, but thats what the odometer was saying

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I have no issues what so ever with the abs/traction.. none at all.. and surprisingly enough it handles really well... i think i want to change the size of the front tires ( kind of big ) right? it sits really tought though and looks good as well...
    Im running 275/40/17 in the front and 295/35/18 in the rear. its up to you, but a wider tire in the front will give you a little better handling. more rubber on the ground = better handling

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Agreed, I see the 245/35 = 24.8" and the 285/40 = 27.1". our cars are stock at about 25.7"

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Well the reason i didnt get bigger tires is because i noticed when i got the car there was tire rub on the inside of the rear wheel well from the inside of the tire scrapping.. would it be a good idea to get a spacer or something or just stick with the same size tires as i have?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Well the reason i didnt get bigger tires is because i noticed when i got the car there was tire rub on the inside of the rear wheel well from the inside of the tire scrapping.. would it be a good idea to get a spacer or something or just stick with the same size tires as i have?
    ya its just because there 18's in the front. my 17's rub. i dont think a spacer would help any. what you should do is find out how far it is from it is from your house to work in another car. then drive it in the maro and see if that is the same, or if you know someone that can just check and change your PCM if need be to correct the tire size.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

yeah i think your right.. i think the computer just needs to be updated because everytime i fill up it only costs me $21 with 91 octane.. so that must mean i still have plenty of fuel left in my tank but the meter isnt calculating it right or something...

you dont think maybe 1/2 inch or 3/4 spacer in the rear will help any? i thought it would help by moving the tire outwards a little bit because my tires are only rubbing in the rear...

another thing is its time for me to get new tires anyways thats why im asking all these questions.. i dont know if i should stay with these same size tires or if i should get a different size?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

you dont think maybe 1/2 inch or 3/4 spacer in the rear will help any? i thought it would help by moving the tire outwards a little bit because my tires are only rubbing in the rear...
    The issues you start getting into with spacers is stud length. You basically make the studs shorter, hence weaker, when you add spacers. It would be recommended that you get longer studs if you do get spacers, but there's a reason they are illegal in many states... I just don't like them myself, and won't use them. I don't think they are safe. Just my opinion, and not sure why you're rubbing?? I have an 11" wide rear wheel with 315's, no spacers....and I don't have any issues with rubbing at all. I guess maybe the offsets aren't quite right on your rears? Maybe not to Camaro specs or something.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Thread Information