Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Your First.............

This is a discussion on Your First............. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My first mods were a new sound system, humount and a MBA shift knob, here is a so so pic, ...

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

My first mods were a new sound system, humount and a MBA shift knob, here is a so so pic, cheap camera got to save the money for the car

Black
    2002 SS

Originally a 2002 SS with 345 SLP package, Bilstein performance suspension, special tires and wheels with an A4
    1st round-K & N Air Filter then the wife drove it for 3 years.
    Second round was FAST 90 mm with 90mm TB and Granatell MAF
    Third round Nitto 315 Drag Radials, Diablo Predator tune, ZEX wet nitrous
    Looking hard at Strano, Kooks and 3" exhaust
    Man I love to light the tires and leave those little SS marks through first and second

Car came with skip shift eliminator installed. Then the first thing after that was a fidanza short shifter.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Smooth Bellow
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

2000 WS6 m6

The day I got it i ordered, then left for florida that night and the day i got back i installed everything
    magnaflow catback
    SLP lid
    skip shift
    msd/ngk plugs and wires
    fuel filter
    oil change

Ray Charles blue

First Camaro mod was swapping a 2.41 rear witha 3.42 rear. Then 650 double pumper (single feed) carb, rebuilt th350 with 2400 rpms stall, B&M Quick Silver gated shifter, then 3.90 gears, adjustable drag shocks, then a CD player. Music was the LAST thing I cared about with that car. I think the speakers worked but it sounded terrible turned up even in the least.

02 Z28

technically the first mod was lid & holley filter swap.. then in the same week :tint, 2800 stall (got it for free), trans go shift kit, and flushed & replaced all fluids except brake and powersteering, changed front brakes, new tires, new stereo system, new headlights & hid's...

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

First mod would have to be the shorty antenna, with the motor swap I've probably put 5,000 in the car but I'm planning an extensive drag set up so I plan on spending close to 15,000 on it! In my mind it's better then buying a new car and getting more insurance and such
    2002 Camaro SS Black Betty
    Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

pewter and white
    02 and 95 both z28's

on my 95 was a 3" cutout.
    on my 2002 was a set of 10 spoke ss wheels.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Lid and SFCs
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

...selling both my '88 Gt 5.0 and '91 GT 5.0 hatchbacks for my old Silver '95 z28 6spd hardtop Lt1...best mod EVER!!!

sold the '95 for my current '00 SS...UPGRADE!!! and then modded the bejesus out of the SS...

haha, mine was a transcooler, if you wanna call that a mod, if not that then the slp lid,smooth bellow and high flow filter

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    First Camaro mod was swapping a 2.41 rear witha 3.42 rear. Then 650 double pumper (single feed) carb, rebuilt th350 with 2400 rpms stall, B&M Quick Silver gated shifter, then 3.90 gears, adjustable drag shocks, then a CD player. Music was the LAST thing I cared about with that car. I think the speakers worked but it sounded terrible turned up even in the least.
    A winding SBC is music to my ears...

2nd gen T/A or 2nd Gen mullet mobile?

Are you at all impressed with the kids who's 1st mod was to the car they currently own?

I'm ambivalent. I'm glad they are hot rodding an American Muscle Car vs a wimpy ricer but I've been into it waaaayyy longer than some of these kids have been alive and I'm sorta jaded...

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    A winding SBC is music to my ears...

2nd gen T/A or 2nd Gen mullet mobile?
    Forgot, it had a .480/490 isky cam but that was with 1.5 rockers, I tore them off and put 1.6s on it.

It was a 1981 V6 Camaro base model that had been swapped. Had Jet Hot coated long tube headers (10 years ago) with 3" collectors and then 2.5: stainless (not alluminized) exhaust with no mufflers. It was honestly one of the sweetest cars I have ever heard. The mufflers were not mufflers. They were 4" stainless sections coned down to fit the 2.5 piping on the end and welded in.

Dark blue with 5 different colors of metal flake. Body work came out after a few years though. Sure would go like hell though with the 3.90 gears. Snap them puppies loose when it hit 2nd and chirped when it hit drive.

Are you at all impressed with the kids who's 1st mod was to the car they currently own?
    Hell yeah! I am only 29....lol

I'm ambivalent. I'm glad they are hot rodding an American Muscle Car vs a wimpy ricer but I've been into it waaaayyy longer than some of these kids have been alive and I'm sorta jaded...
    I dont care what people hot rod, its all the hobby. My kid will probably want to mod a smart car. At that point I will punch myself in the balls, ice them down, and then cut them off. Who wants em?

Ray Charles blue

If I could learn 1/5th of what I want to know I would be pretty much set.......alas I am only at 1/50th.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information